Great Dane Jackson and Advanced Passing Statistics

TheyCallMeAndy

Let us rejoice in the fact that Tre White should be back. Yay! Now the question is, who lines up across from him. In truth, it isn’t even a question. Dane Jackson has been sensational this year.

Advanced Passing Statistic of Pro Football Reference has Dane being targeted 27 times this year. He’s given up 14 catches for 130 yards. That’s 51.9% and 9 yards a catch. Zero TDs. Those are elite CB numbers. Opposing QBs have a 49 QBR when targeting him. 

Truly one of the underrated stories of the year for this team. It will be fascinating to see how the team handles their DBs going forward, FS may see some familiar faces at times.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

interdasting, how many snaps did he play vs kc and baltimore?

i always worry about crazy numbers early in the season when things can get slanted based on who you have played (remember our stats on d last year, and how philly has looked this year).

he looks good based on what i've seen of him so far this year tho, ill say that

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm curious how much our defensive line play has benefited our secondary. Is anyone aware of a defensive time to throw or throw quality allowed stat? I wonder if PFF tracks something like that.

It is always a complementary relationship between the DL and the secondary.  There is no question that the pressure Buffalo is able to get with their front four helps the secondary because the QB has less time to make decisions and the receivers have less time to gain separation.

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

2022 Dane Jackson is better than 2021 Levi Wallace. 

I won't be shocked if Elam or Benford work their way into the starting line up come playoffs. But right now I think he is a full standard deviation ahead of Elam and Benford. 

One thing I'm sure of. With the way Dane has played and the early season play of both Elam and Benford it feels great to know that we have the option and ability to rotate fresh CBs in that have the ability to perform well. While not having White so far and Jackson missing time was not ideal' it game the young guys a chance to face live bullets and gain experience. That will likely be key come playoff time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.