Milano - Damn Near Best Player on the Field

Kaenon

I went off grid and didn't watch the game until 10:30pm last night, risky I know.

Anyhow, watching the game then rewatching the highlights - what Coach Frazier had Milano do all game and the amount of spying on Mahomes was a huge key to our success last night.

Milano is playing at another level this year, his speed is ridiculous. While Von made Mahomes move a little out of the pocket in the game sealing INT, it's Milano that flew in and made Mahomes change his arm angle enough allowing Taron Johnson to finish his read and come away with that INT.

What a win last night and shout out to Matt Milano, gosh, what a player.

Edited by Kaenon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Kaenon changed the title to Milano - Damn Near Best Player on the Field

That tackle in the open field running sideways on Pacheco after he catches a short pass and literally has nothing but green grass in front of him was amazing. He didn't just barely trip him up, he ran with him for a good while, made a full diving two leg wrapped up tackle that left no doubt he was going down. Just textbook.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That tackle in the open field running sideways on Pacheco after he catches a short pass and literally has nothing but green grass in front of him was amazing. He didn't just barely trip him up, he made a full diving two leg wrapped up tackle that left no doubt he was going down. Just textbook.

Pacheco and McKinnon was my biggest worry for that game. I thought their speed to get to the outside and catch check downs would be a big emphasis in KC’s gameplan. I expect if we see them again they will be more involved. 

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

1st team all pro this year.  He won’t be denied

As much as I believe he deserves consideration, I bet he doesn’t even make the pro-bowl. He’s not a big name who no one outside of buffalo even knows about unfortunately. He’s playing at a first team level though, IMO

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That tackle in the open field running sideways on Pacheco after he catches a short pass and literally has nothing but green grass in front of him was amazing. He didn't just barely trip him up, he made a full diving two leg wrapped up tackle that left no doubt he was going down. Just textbook.

The open field tackle on The Fight Doctor was the best defensive play of the game.  Milano made a nice recovery from a rough first half.

7 minutes ago, akcash said:

Fraizer with Milano schemed and executed perfectly how to defend Mahomes. Push him out of the pocket with 3 and then have our hunting dog Milano go clean him up.

I am wondering if that is something they go to more regularly against KC now...that seems to have worked very well for the Bills defensively and kept Mahomes from running out of the pocket.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Was he 5th round? What a steal.  He plays smart, he hits hard and he's practically everywhere on the field.

He's like Roy Kent...

He's here!

He's there!

He's every f***ing where!

Matt Milano...Matt Milano!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.