Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

44 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You mean Josh Allen's first "interception" of the season? :lol:   As I've said........Lil' Dummy is the teams biggest turnover threat.

Every time an opposing team kicks off I breathe a sigh of relief when it's a touchback.   He has 9 fumbles on just 47 career kick returns.   And ZERO touchdowns and just a 22 yard per return average.  

That's unfathomable.   He could return his next 5 for TD's and still be far in the red for his impact as a KOR man.:doh: 

I didn’t realize how bad the stats were… just knew that I’m never comfortable. 

How is he still back there 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I didn’t realize how bad the stats were… just knew that I’m never comfortable. 

How is he still back there 

Don't get sucked in

1) look up when all these occurred

2) were they punt returns or kickoffs, answer mostly punt returns (so observe, fumbles on punt returns count when it's bad)

3) has TD on punt return, 84 yds (so TDs on punt returns don't count when it's good) (there were a couple others called back by penalty)

Not arguing for or against McDermott's roster decisions, but can detect the scent of agenda in the air

4 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Some are complaining that calling McKenzie "Lil' Dummy" is mean spirited.

Yet McKenzie made fun of Hyde's season-ending and potentially career-threatening neck injury (Hyde couldn't believe it and, funnily enough, did not find it funny).

So do we really need to watch what we say about a mistake-prone player who likes to dish out the worst kind of humor himself? 🤔

Difference between guys who share a locker room/team ragging on each other and giving each other crap (and yeah, Hyde dished it right back with McKenzie's concussion), and fans who claim to be here for amusement crapping on a player and omitting any + contributions, because it makes them feel big or important or whatever it is it does for them.

FTR, I haven't complained or whatever, people choose how they present themselves, that's on them. 

I've tried to put some content in here, but at this point it's likely foolish.

Peace out.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Really?  The exact same?

Allen threw 60 passes in that game and made numerous plays almost nobody in the league could.   They aren't in that game without his extraordinary skills.   He gets a pass for an occasional physical error like that in a big spot.  

McKenzie is just a role player who is too lacking in self awareness and attention span to understand his limitations and prepare accordingly.   When the ball is in his hands he needs to know those limitations and not make mental errors.   I have no confidence in that happening because he thinks he's the fastest player in the league and has not taken accountability for his errors.   Like I said,  he was critical of McD for benching him after this beauty:

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course Allen gets a bigger pass. Still can't say one play cost the game when Allen had the game winner and threw the pass in the dirt and act like that wasnt just as much of a play to cost a game.  Jesus dude.  You're a smart guy.  Remove the hate blinders and you would realize how ridiculous your argument is here.

Allen sack fumble at our own 9 yard line turning into an easy Dolphins TD

Allen bumble snap and throwing it to Diggs at the end of the half

Bass kicks a chip shot 38 yard field goal into our own line in 3rd quarter

Allen easy TD thrown in the dirt (hell even this one if they called field goal instead of going for it we win the game but I do agree to go for it)

10 yard holding penalty with 22 seconds left from the Miami 43 pushing us back to the 53

Somehow after Josh runs around with the ball and McK doesn't get the ball out of bounds from the middle of the field through 3 defenders with 13 seconds left, not even in field goal range mind you, cost the football game

Thats a pretty terrible argument.    As for your actual feelings about McKenzie, I dont disagree.  He isnt good enough.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Difference between guys who share a locker room/team ragging on each other and giving each other crap (and yeah, Hyde dished it right back with McKenzie's concussion), and fans who claim to be here for amusement crapping on a player and omitting any + contributions, because it makes them feel big or important or whatever it is it does for them.

If he were some humanitarian who gave back to the community in Buffalo (maybe he does and I don't know about it) and he was a humble player whose demeanor and play looked focused, people wouldn't do this.

But to many he comes across as not serious about the game and combined with his numerous mistakes, many people have no compunction making fun of a man who makes millions to — sometimes — catch a ball. 

18 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

If he were some humanitarian who gave back to the community in Buffalo (maybe he does and I don't know about it) and he was a humble player whose demeanor and play looked focused, people wouldn't do this.

I don't think that's true. 

I've seen the crap posted here when various "humble guys whose demeanor and play looked focused" make gaffes, or just don't play well enough

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Don't get sucked in

1) look up when all these occurred

2) were they punt returns or kickoffs, answer mostly punt returns (so observe, fumbles on punt returns count when it's bad)

3) has TD on punt return, 84 yds (so TDs on punt returns don't count when it's good) (there were a couple others called back by penalty)

Not arguing for or against McDermott's roster decisions, but can detect the scent of agenda in the air

FTR, I haven't complained or whatever, people choose how they present themselves, that's on them. 

I've tried to put some content in here, but at this point it's likely foolish.

Peace out.

You claim to be "putting some content in here" but other than noting that he had an 84 yard punt return......which we all saw and remember.......you cite no actual content/stats.    You are the one trying to suck people into pretending you know some numbers........but that other people should look them up.    Nice try Tom Sawyer. :lol:

I know McKenzie's history..........I watched him at Georgia and followed his epic run of stupidity/carelessness with the ball in Denver and was dubious of picking up Lil' Dummy because turning the ball over on special teams........with as little impact as returners have on todays game..........is not what winning teams do.   

No matter how you slice it........he's fumbled on about 10% of his overall regular season returns and his 22 yard return average on kickoffs is simply lousy.     If he was a 30 yard per return guy maybe we can talk about progress made.........but he's not.........which is why he got short leashed after a preseason PR fumble in Chicago and benched after the phantom tackle faceplant fumble versus Indy last season.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course Allen gets a bigger pass. Still can't say one play cost the game when Allen had the game winner and threw the pass in the dirt and act like that wasnt just as much of a play to cost a game.  Jesus dude.  You're a smart guy.  Remove the hate blinders and you would realize how ridiculous your argument is here.

Allen sack fumble at our own 9 yard line turning into an easy Dolphins TD

Allen bumble snap and throwing it to Diggs at the end of the half

Bass kicks a chip shot 38 yard field goal into our own line in 3rd quarter

Allen easy TD thrown in the dirt (hell even this one if they called field goal instead of going for it we win the game but I do agree to go for it)

10 yard holding penalty with 22 seconds left from the Miami 43 pushing us back to the 53

Somehow after Josh runs around with the ball and McK doesn't get the ball out of bounds from the middle of the field through 3 defenders with 13 seconds left, not even in field goal range mind you, cost the football game

Thats a pretty terrible argument.    As for your actual feelings about McKenzie, I dont disagree.  He isnt good enough.

The play where McKenzie ran out the clock LITERALLY ended the game.  

It's not a philosophical discussion.......you can point to all kinds of excuses/reasons for winning and losing games......but THEN there are the actual mistakes that literally end a series or a game.

In limited opportunities....he has just 17 catches totalling less than 10 yards per catch.......... he's incredibly managed to personally snuff 4 drives this season with his boneheaded play:

1) the handoff interception in LA

2) the dopey dash in Miami

3) the fumbled toss in KC

4) the 4th down end zone drop.    

Those mistakes all turned the ball over or sealed a defeat.    

He's had plenty of other non-plays but those were all possession changing mistakes.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I don't enjoy piling on Bills players who might be weak links. Especially players who obviously possess physical traits that suggest potential, combined with flashes of actual production...but McKenzie is straining even the most forgiving analyses. He has a demonstrable problem with consistent execution. He makes too many costly mistakes on the field when compared to his positive contributions. How is that debatable?

(And I really wish the guy would show out like he did against Miami 2 years ago and New England last year. But it has to be noted that those are the only glimpses we can really point to, despite his increased snap count to date in 2022.) 

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The play where McKenzie ran out the clock LITERALLY ended the game.  

It's not a philosophical discussion.......you can point to all kinds of excuses/reasons for winning and losing games......but THEN there are the actual mistakes that literally end a series or a game.

In limited opportunities....he has just 17 catches totalling less than 10 yards per catch.......... he's incredibly managed to personally snuff 4 drives this season with his boneheaded play:

1) the handoff interception in LA

2) the dopey dash in Miami

3) the fumbled toss in KC

4) the 4th down end zone drop.    

Those mistakes all turned the ball over or sealed a defeat.    

He's had plenty of other non-plays but those were all possession changing mistakes.

Ok I see.  In your mind its only the very last play that loses a game.  Carry on with your crusade against McK that I never actually argued.  You may or may not be very smart but you certainly are not rational.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok I see.  In your mind its only the very last play that loses a game.  Carry on with your crusade against McK that I never actually argued.  You may or may not be very smart but you certainly are not rational.

Like I said.........it's not a philosophical discussion,  Mrs. Norwood.

I isolated 4 specific drive-decisive plays where a McKenzie failure LITERALLY ended the Bills chances to score points on those drives.

It's accepted that some moments are bigger/higher leverage situations than others...........if you want to rationalize how a mistake in the first quarter was as impactful as a mistake that runs out the clock at the end of the game.........that is a purely philosophical discussion because there is no telling how things change over such a broad set of plays thereafter.

If McKenzie doesn't kill the clock in Miami.....we know what happens........they spike the ball and the next play is a potential game winning field goal attempt.   It's that simple.   There weren't a number of variables left.   Even then I didn't say he absolutely cost them the game........but he did cost them a chance at a game deciding kick.

It's different, for instance,  than the McKenzie wide-open drop early in the Bills first TD drive in KC when they were backed up into their end zone.  There were still downs left in that series and like 70 more overall plays left to change the outcome in the game.    

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.........it's not a philosophical discussion,  Mrs. Norwood.

I isolated 4 specific drive-decisive plays where a McKenzie failure LITERALLY ended the Bills chances to score points on those drives.

It's accepted that some moments are bigger/higher leverage situations than others...........if you want to rationalize how a mistake in the first quarter was as impactful as a mistake that runs out the clock at the end of the game.........that is a purely philosophical discussion because there is no telling how things change over such a broad set of plays thereafter.

If McKenzie doesn't kill the clock in Miami.....we know what happens........they spike the ball and the next play is a potential game winning field goal attempt.   It's that simple.   There weren't a number of variables left.   Even then I didn't say he absolutely cost them the game........but he did cost them a chance at a game deciding kick.

It's different, for instance,  than the McKenzie wide-open drop early in the Bills first TD drive in KC when they were backed up into their end zone.  There were still downs left in that series and like 70 more overall plays left to change the outcome in the game.    

He wasnt getting through 3 defenders and 1 trailing defender without going out of bounds outside of field goal range.  At best Josh has one pass attempt at the end zone. He wasnt even in range where he got tackled.

You can keep your "Mrs. Norwood" comments to yourself.  If you cant argue then just stfu.  There is zero logic behind whatever argument you think you have.  Its pretty common to point to a number of plays that change the games outcome.  Not just the literal last play of the game.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He wasnt getting through 3 defenders and 1 trailing defender without going out of bounds outside of field goal range.  At best Josh has one pass attempt at the end zone. He wasnt even in range where he got tackled.

You can keep your "Mrs. Norwood" comments to yourself.  If you cant argue then just stfu.  There is zero logic behind whatever argument you think you have.  Its pretty common to point to a number of plays that change the games outcome.  Not just the literal last play of the game.

He didn't have to get out of bounds..........it wasn't 3rd down.........just get low and dive down for what you can get so Allen can spike it.   And yes, they were going to attempt a field goal because they didn't need 6 points to win it!   You don't throw a Hail Mary there.   How dense can you be to even think that? :lol:

The Chiefs attempted a similar distance field goal and made it last week.    Teams with big legged kickers kick the ball there.

But regardless,  Lil' Dummy ran out the clock because he either didn't know what down it was or he thought he was going to outrun a bunch of fast guys to the sideline.    Just dumb.   Dorsey's reaction said it all.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He didn't have to get out of bounds..........it wasn't 3rd down.........just get low and dive down for what you can get so Allen can spike it.   And yes, they were going to attempt a field goal because they didn't need 6 points to win it!   You don't throw a Hail Mary there.   How dense can you be to even think that? :lol:

The Chiefs attempted a similar distance field goal and made it last week.    Teams with big legged kickers kick the ball there.

But regardless,  Lil' Dummy ran out the clock because he either didn't know what down it was or he thought he was going to outrun a bunch of fast guys to the sideline.    Just dumb.   Dorsey's reaction said it all.  

Yeah from where he caught the ball thats at least a 64 yard attempt.  Not buying thats what cost the game. Bass longest kick is 58 yards. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.