Jump to content

Bills Backers in Buenos Aires, Argentina?


msw2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

I realize it's a long shot, but I will be in Buenos Aires this Sunday and am interested if there's anywhere in the city to catch the game.  I looked at the Bills Backers site, but there was nothing in South America.

 

I will have a laptop with a VPN, so I can also try to stream through the DTV/Sunday Ticket site, but the last time I attempted that from outside of the US, the site recognized that I was out of the country (even though I was going through a VPN set to a US IP address) and would not allow me to use it.  Any help would be appreciated!

 

Of course, my wife could throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan, but I have to try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I realize it's a long shot, but I will be in Buenos Aires this Sunday and am interested if there's anywhere in the city to catch the game.  I looked at the Bills Backers site, but there was nothing in South America.

 

I will have a laptop with a VPN, so I can also try to stream through the DTV/Sunday Ticket site, but the last time I attempted that from outside of the US, the site recognized that I was out of the country (even though I was going through a VPN set to a US IP address) and would not allow me to use it.  Any help would be appreciated!

 

Of course, my wife could throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan, but I have to try.

VPNs are funny like that. There must be some database somewhere of VPN IP addresses. I noticed my bank won't allow me to login with the VPN on.

 

I hope you find a place to watch the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't mind waiting about 3 hours and watching a full game replay shortly after the game ends, check out the free trial option for NFL+ Premium, described here:

 

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more

 

As discussed in a different thread, some people have had trouble getting the service to work, and I don't know if being in Argentina would further complicate things.  I have not been able to get the service to stream the replays to my XBox console even after re-downloading and re-installing the free NFL app from the Microsoft store (which worked fine last year), but I can still stream the replays to my laptop with no problems after logging in at nfl.com (no VPN required, at least for me in the US).

 

The NFL "Digitial Care" customer service absolutely sucks, so if you sign up for the free 7 day trial and then cancel, I would keep careful  records of the cancellation request.

 

I vaguely recall reading that the "Game Pass" service (which is what the NFL called it last year), is still available outside the US.  I don't know if there is a similar free 7 day trial for "Game Pass" like there is for "NFL+ Premium" in the US.  Maybe try googling "NFL Game Pass free trial Argentina" and see what turns up.

 

Good luck!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

vaguely recall reading that the "Game Pass" service (which is what the NFL called it last year), is still available outside the US.  I don't know if there is a similar free 7 day trial for "Game Pass" like there is for "NFL+ Premium" in the US.  Maybe try googling "NFL Game Pass free trial Argentina" and see what turns up.

yes there is.   Once you get to Argentina,  Sign up for Game Pass Intl free trial.   Cancel before 7 days and no charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I realize it's a long shot, but I will be in Buenos Aires this Sunday and am interested if there's anywhere in the city to catch the game.  I looked at the Bills Backers site, but there was nothing in South America.

 

I will have a laptop with a VPN, so I can also try to stream through the DTV/Sunday Ticket site, but the last time I attempted that from outside of the US, the site recognized that I was out of the country (even though I was going through a VPN set to a US IP address) and would not allow me to use it.  Any help would be appreciated!

 

Of course, my wife could throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan, but I have to try.

 

I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Here we dont have any bar to see the game but you can see the game in Star Plus live.

DM if you want and I help to see the game or with info about the city !

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

yes there is.   Once you get to Argentina,  Sign up for Game Pass Intl free trial.   Cancel before 7 days and no charge.

 

 

Yup. 

 

That's how I've watched the games for years now here in Japan.  The games are archived, so you can watch them anytime later (1:00 games in the Japan time zone start at 2:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m. after daylight savings starts). You get all-22 view of every play. It's expensive but very very worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

 

I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Here we dont have any bar to see the game but you can see the game in Star Plus live.

DM if you want and I help to see the game or with info about the city !

 

 

Thank you!  I have not arrived in Argentina yet, but I will see how things go when I get there and I may reach out to you then!  I also looked up Start Plus live and that looks like a good option for the game.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

 

Thank you!  I have not arrived in Argentina yet, but I will see how things go when I get there and I may reach out to you then!  I also looked up Start Plus live and that looks like a good option for the game.

 

ok!

Send me a Whatsapp and maybe we can se the game together.

 

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-28 at 22.21.46.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't been there in a few years, but spent many Sundays there during my career.

The two I remember are Shoeless Joes/ El Alamo in the Recoleta area, address 1175 Uruguay.

Another option in that area was Casabar.

 

If you're staying at a decent hotel, the concierge could probably provide more current info.

 

I sure can provide restaurant recommendations though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I realize it's a long shot, but I will be in Buenos Aires this Sunday and am interested if there's anywhere in the city to catch the game.  I looked at the Bills Backers site, but there was nothing in South America.

 

I will have a laptop with a VPN, so I can also try to stream through the DTV/Sunday Ticket site, but the last time I attempted that from outside of the US, the site recognized that I was out of the country (even though I was going through a VPN set to a US IP address) and would not allow me to use it.  Any help would be appreciated!

 

Of course, my wife could throw a monkey wrench into the whole plan, but I have to try.


Hey, you made a friend in Gonzano so take him up on it and have fun with a TBDer.

 

Enjoy the game boys.

 

Go Bills!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...