AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If this was a random two game sample I might agree with you.  The Bills have been the #1 pass defense in the NFL for like 2.5 years now.

Every year is different. No doubt the Bills defense has excelled. I believe this years defense with its new additions is and will be even better. Getting a healthy Tre back while the young CBs get valuable game time experience is a scary scenario for opposing offenses. Barring injuries this team is scary good. My early call is the Chargers and the Chiefs are the only 2 teams in the AFC that have the talent to compete and beat the Bills.

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The stats only tell a portion of the story. The Rams oline was as porous as can be. Bills had relentless pressure on Stafford without blitzing. The Titans just plain suck in the passing game. Tanny is average at best and they probably have the worst WR core in the league. Both were recipes for the secondary to excell. I'd say thus far they really haven't been tested. Miami with Waddle and Hill should be a better test for the Bills.

Miami has the worst offensive line of those three teams…will that game not count also if our defense looks good?  We are likely going to pressure them pretty heavily without blitzing…NE really got after them and likely wins that game if the pats offense didn’t make so many mistakes 

Miami scored one offensive TD that game and it was poor tackling on a 4th and 6 before the half 

the KC offensive line is infinitely better, people are talkin like adding tyreek has turned the dolphins into the 2020s Kansas City chiefs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Every year is different. No doubt the Bills defense has excelled. I believe this years defense with its new additions is and will be even better. Getting a healthy Tre back while the young CBs get valuable game time experience is a scary scenario for opposing offenses. Barring injuries this team is scary good. My early call is the Chargers and the Chiefs are the only 2 teams in the AFC that have the talent to compete and beat the Bills.

Would it surprise you to know the Bills have surprisingly had better pass defense stats without Tre the last 7 games than they had with him? Since he has been out the Bills have averaged allowing 187.5 YPG passing, an opposing completion percentage of 55.4% and an opposing QB rating of 65.2. Just fantastic DB play all around, great coaching and great scheme to minimize the impact his loss has had.

Edited by Big Turk

After last night I may have to re-evaluate things.

Obviously still early but I'm really not sure the Bills don't run roughshot over the rest of the division after all including the Dolphins this week.

There will be a bad game and/or game they drop unexpectedly at some point but I now I think going into Miami and winning is more likely outcome than before last night.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously still early but I'm really not sure the Bills don't run roughshot over the rest of the division after all including the Dolphins this week.

There will be a bad game and/or game they drop unexpectedly at some point but I now I think going into Miami and winning is more likely outcome than before last night.

Injuries are what is worrisome here. Our depth will be tested now. When they get healthy they will get better. That is scary for the rest of the league because they are pretty good right now.

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Would it surprise you to know the Bills have surprisingly had better pass defense stats without Tre the last 7 games than they had with him? Since he has been out the Bills have averaged allowing 187.5 YPG passing, an opposing completion percentage of 55.4% and an opposing QB rating of 65.2. Just fantastic DB play all around, great coaching and great scheme to minimize the impact his loss has had.

Like I said stats only tell a portion of the story. No doubt the defense has played well. There is no way that the defense is better without Tre. Stats show otherwise and that proves my point. Sure could have used Tre in that AFC playoff game vs the Chiefs. 

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Never thought I would see the day.  I'm impressed.  Depending on how our injuries work out this game did get easier for Miami though.  Bryant is not bad but he is no Phillips. Hopefully Milano and Hyde will not be big injuries and be well enough to play.  I dont think Miami has the D to stop our O but with all the injuries, we might not have the D to stop their speed either.  This could be a very high scoring game.  Have to see how our injuries pan out.  Our rooks still did a pretty damn good job last night.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I don’t think an nfl mvp has ever won the super bowl. Let’s pump the brakes on the mvp talk 

How long do you have to read the list of things that Josh Allen and these Bills have done that nobody else has ever done?

What's one more thing to add to it?

Just now, Big Turk said:

How long do you have to read the list of things that Josh Allen and these Bills have done that nobody else has ever done?

What's one more thing to add to it?

Kurt Warner did it so i've already retracted my statement. I can be afraid of curses. I thought there was a curse on mvp players winning the super bowl. I'm riding with mvp of the league and super bowl win 

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Kurt Warner did it so i've already retracted my statement. I can be afraid of curses. I thought there was a curse on mvp players winning the super bowl. I'm riding with mvp of the league and super bowl win 

I could have sworn somebody else also did it but im not 100% positive.  I honestly dont care about MVP.  Just get us that Lombardi.  Josh will win at least one eventually.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.