Pol Pot

Ayatolla Khomeni

Josef Stalin

Nero

Ivan the Terrible

William Jefferson Clinton

Fictional Villains:

Dennis Hopper's Character in "Blue Velvet"-- "PABST BLUE RIBBON!"

Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs" --think "it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again!"

Tops For Real Life Villains:

Jimmuh Carter

Jimmuh Johnson

Chairman Mao

Pol Pot

Ayatolla Khomeni

Josef Stalin

Nero

Ivan the Terrible

William Jefferson Clinton

Fictional Villains:

Dennis Hopper's Character in "Blue Velvet"-- "PABST BLUE RIBBON!"

Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs" --think "it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again!"

337331[/snapback]

May I inquire as to why Presidents Carter and Clinton are on the same list w/ Mao and Stalin?

Alan Rickman steals nearly everything he's in, IMO. He's the only reason Costner's Lame Robin Hood was any good. And of course...

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged!"

Edit: If you get a chance, catch the HBO movie "Something the Lord Made". Rickman plays a heart doctor who pioneered a 'shunt' surgery to fix the hearts and the lives of blue babies. He's great in that movie, and maybe even better is Mos Def who played his assistant. Powerful movie all the way around.

336110[/snapback]

My mother's life was saved by the doctor whom Rickman played in that movie; he performed the surgery on her at Hopkins in 1950 or so. So I wouldn't be here, nor would my kids, without good Dr. Blalock. I agree, fantastic movie, and both Rickman and Mos Def were outstanding.

And Rickman was hilarious as the Metreon in Dogma.

Edgler Forman Vess from Dean Koonz's Intensity. The book, not the movie which didn't do him justice. Also, Dr. Arronson from False Memories by the same author. Koonz can create some bad people.

But I also like the JoeSixPack lists.

Edgler Forman Vess from Dean Koonz's Intensity. The book, not the movie which didn't do him justice. Also, Dr. Arronson from False Memories by the same author. Koonz can create some bad people.

But I also like the JoeSixPack lists.

337341[/snapback]

My wife is a big fan of Dean Koontz (he went to our alma mater, Shippensburg University). She said that while the TV movie wasn't as good as the book (when are they?), John McGinley was very good as the lead. I dunno. I didn't read the book or watch the movie.

Again w/ the JSP list? Oh boy.

May I inquire as to why Presidents Carter and Clinton are on the same list w/ Mao and Stalin?

337337[/snapback]

Jimmuh Carter would have sold away our country to the Soviets. As an international leader and Chief Executive of this ocuntry, he was a complete and utter idiot.

Billy Bob Clinton turned a blind eye while Al Quaeda became strong enough to strike us. Once, in the midst of a round of golf, he was told that the CIA and military KNEW where bin Laden was. They wanted approval to bomb the bejeezus out of him. Clinton's reply? "Wait until I finish this round." The blood of 3000+ Americans is on his hands.

Jimmuh Carter would have sold away our country to the Soviets. As an international leader and Chief Executive of this ocuntry, he was a complete and utter idiot.

Billy Bob Clinton turned a blind eye while Al Quaeda became strong enough to strike us. Once, in the midst of a round of golf, he was told that the CIA and military KNEW where bin Laden was. They wanted approval to bomb the bejeezus out of him. Clinton's reply? "Wait until I finish this round." The blood of 3000+ Americans is on his hands.

337344[/snapback]

I'm just curious to know where Nixon and Reagan would be on this list.

I'm just curious to know where Nixon and Reagan would be on this list.

337347[/snapback]

Ronald Reagan was a hero....he singlehandedly reversed the devastation of the Carter administration and brought America back to the forefront. Also he took no shiite fromt he tinhorn dictators of the Middle East, bombing Quadafi when he got out of line. the Iranians gave up the hostages because they KNEW Reagan would bomb them too if they didn't.

I'm not a big fan of Nixon. He caved in to the communist Chinese and brought us the EPA and OSHA, not to mention the failed war on drugs.

Ronald Reagan was a hero....he singlehandedly reversed the devastation of the Carter administration and brought America back to the forefront. Also he took no shiite fromt he tinhorn dictators of the Middle East, bombing Quadafi when he got out of line. the Iranians gave up the hostages because they KNEW Reagan would bomb them too if they didn't.

I'm not a big fan of Nixon. He caved in to the communist Chinese and brought us the EPA and OSHA, not to mention the failed war on drugs.

337349[/snapback]

Didn't the Iranians give up the hostages on the day Reagan was innaugurated?

George Armstrong Custer

Saddam Hussein ( in case hasn't made the list)

Kampfgruppe Peiper

337360[/snapback]

Can an entire kampfgruppe be a villain?

If so, I can think of worse: the SS Der Fuhrer regiment at Oradaur, the Einsatzgruppen in the east, the Dirlewanger Brigade...Kampfgruppe Peiper was relatively benign as war atrocities go.

Kampfgruppe Peiper was relatively benign as war atrocities go.

I'm sure that will salve the feelings of the families of the men massacred at Malmedy.

Kampfgruppe Peiper was relatively benign as war atrocities go.

I'm sure that will salve the feelings of the families of the men massacred at Malmedy.

337398[/snapback]

25-40 million Russians dead, 10-20 million Chinese, 6 million Jews, 6 million Poles...and Kampfgruppe Peiper is the root of all evil because 87 American families mourned? Hell, the US Army killed more Germans in reprisal than KG Peiper killed US soldiers at Malmedy...if you wanted to hold up war atrocities as an example, Collins' VII Corps is a bloodier example than KG Peiper.

My point not being being that KG Peiper was somehow noble or in the right, but that there's HUNDREDS of better examples...

I was watching a L&O: SVU the other night and it had Martin Short as a perveted serial killer masquerading as a psychic. Good job in it- he really gave me the willies.