2022 U.S. Open - Jessica Pegula (8) Loses to Świątek (1) in Quarterfinals 😭

Gugny

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Man she had a shot after breaking and serving to go up 4-2, and it went downhill fast, beat herself mostly 

Agreed. Lost because of mostly unforced errors. 

On the men's side, glad to see Tiafoe mature his game and march solidly into the semis. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

The gap in the level of talent between the top 3-4 players in the world and the rest is pretty significant.

Jessie Pegula is the highest ranked American tennis player (Men and Women) in the world.  She's now comfortably in the top 10 in the world.  But as long as she's seeded 7th or 8th (seems to be the trend), she's always going to face a top 3 player in the Quarterfinals.

What sucks most is that she's such a late bloomer.  Her window is closing.  She is just in a position that will dictate either a top seed being knocked off in the early rounds, or facing a top seed who's having a bad day in the quarterfinals.

Not a goddamn thing to be ashamed of.  Like I said ... she's the best tennis player in America right now.  That's nothing to shake a stick at.

I just hope she can get a break and at least reach the semis of a major.  Winning one would be phenomenal.

I, for one, love following her on her journey.

• Like (+1) 3

• Gugny changed the title to 2022 U.S. Open - Jessica Pegula (8) Loses to Świątek (1) in Quarterfinals 😭
2 hours ago, Gugny said:

The gap in the level of talent between the top 3-4 players in the world and the rest is pretty significant.

Jessie Pegula is the highest ranked American tennis player (Men and Women) in the world.  She's now comfortably in the top 10 in the world.  But as long as she's seeded 7th or 8th (seems to be the trend), she's always going to face a top 3 player in the Quarterfinals.

What sucks most is that she's such a late bloomer.  Her window is closing.  She is just in a position that will dictate either a top seed being knocked off in the early rounds, or facing a top seed who's having a bad day in the quarterfinals.

Not a goddamn thing to be ashamed of.  Like I said ... she's the best tennis player in America right now.  That's nothing to shake a stick at.

I just hope she can get a break and at least reach the semis of a major.  Winning one would be phenomenal.

Highest ranked

Theres obviously American men that could beat her 😂

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think she still tries and play it too safe against the top players, she can get deep into tourneys playing the way she plays in the early rounds but needs to adjust when playing against the top players. Kinda like the playing not to lose rather than playing to win mentality. Obviously just my untrained eyes opinion

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Obviously has to start getting her first serve in if she's going to crack the top 5. Only saw the second half of the second set but the rest of her game was solid. Shouldn't lose in straight sets when breaking six times.

Don't think her age is that big of a thing, tennis doesn't beat on the body like football. Seems like she's very aware of nutrition science.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.