Beasley on Buffalo: "Things changed within the organization. It was time for me to move on."

Gugny

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Good question.  Remember that Joe Schoen, Giants GM, was hired first and brought Daboll in.  No question in my mind that it's Schoen's show, personnel-wise.

Answer is speculation:

1) Schoen was "in" on the Bills end of season personnel evaluations.  If I'm right cutting Beas was performance based, Schoen may agree.

2) Daboll is not the Giants OC.  Mike Kafka didn't leave his role on a perennial playoff contender to be Daboll's Dingleberry.  Kafka may not be installing the route concepts Beasley runs.  Remember he came from a team where the TE was the "go to" guy.

3) The Giants needed to "get right" on the cap.  They have two WR, Kenny Golladay and Sterling Shepard, in their top-10 cap hits.  It's possible that they made Bease a vet-minimum type offer, but Beasley (his tweet supports this) isn't interested to play for that.

4) The Buck stops with Daboll now.  He has to take a hard look at what will build the culture he wants.  "I'll only follow the rules I agree with"?

5) Beasley may feel Pigs will Fly and Hell will Freeze before I play for any (nominally) NY team.

You said quote "Why is he playing for the Giants then".  He isn't.

Excuse me.  Why is he not playing for the Giants

32 minutes ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

Hahahaha!!!! And here comes the media again with the “me first” narrative!!

I'm guessing JW got vaccinated and also boostered after. Wonder if he feels safe enough to walk around without a mask yet 

Its not a Narrative.  It is the way things were.   I still like Cole apart from this and wish him well.

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The only things that changed were Beasley’s on field performance and, consequently, his value to the team. 

He had consistent production across all 3 years. I guess 82 catches wasnt enough and is easily replaceable? Say its a money/age thing, but def not a production thing. The dude produced every year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

He had consistent production across all 3 years. I guess 82 catches wasnt enough and is easily replaceable? Say its a money/age thing, but def not a production thing. The dude produced every year.

He was still effective against zone last season, but not so much against man.  That happens with smart WRs as they age. They still know what to do, but physically can’t do it all anymore. Plus he was injured the last two seasons even though he mostly played through them. No shame in eventually losing to Father Time. It happens to everyone eventually. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Beasley contributed a lot to the Bills success on offense the past few seasons.  But its just business.  What's changed is the loss of some performance with age and injuries.  Combine that with a $7M cap hit and a new OC along with what looks like a commitment to put more speed on the field.  Add in more potential touches for McKenzie plus rookies RB Cook and WR Shakir and there's just no room for a part-time 7M slot receiver on the decline in the room.      

This.

He played injured, he was a team player, he contributed a lot in 2020 and was decent in 2021, no matter how the "conform or else" fans want to push their agenda. Father Time and football have taken their toll. If he was as good as in 2019 he would have stayed a Bill, and be hired by now. The vaxx has made way too many people lose their mind. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

• SDS locked this topic