• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Pat's on Sheridan drive in Tonawanda

2-Louie's at the foot of Sheridan

3-Ted's

333401[/snapback]

Pat's was the best. Preferred them over Ted's. When we moved when I was a kid and Louie's was closer, that's where we went. Great curly cues also. Now when I visit Buffalo, have to make a trip to Ted's at least once. Another one that was good when I lived in the City of Tonawanda was Old Man River. Also great sweet potato fries.

My husband's favorite is Louie's Texas Red Hots for what he calls "scum dogs" (hot dog with everything). As a kid, he went to Seneca Street near Cazenovia Park.

Here in Florida, the best are at home on the grill; haven't found any that compare to back in the Western New York area. When we have someone bring us Sahlens or if we bring some back after a trip up there, nothing better (but will make do with natural casing dogs from a meat store on Manatee Ave. called Chop Shop, which aren't bad), especially with Weber's horseradish mustard which we stock up on when we go to Buffalo. There is a website where you can order Sahlen's and Webers, www.buffalofoods.com, and they will ship anywhere. It's going to cost more.

Used to have the website for Bocce's Pizza, but lost it somewhere. For about $60-$65 they'll ship a half-baked pizza anywhere.

Reids in Lockport is the best hot dog in Niagara County. Every time I get back home I have to stop by for a red hot. I also stop by Tops on the way out to stock up on LaFrois sauce (Reids puts this on their red hots) and Sahlens.

Reids in Lockport is the best hot dog in Niagara County.  Every time I get back home I have to stop by for a red hot.  I also stop by Tops on the way out to stock up on LaFrois sauce (Reids puts this on their red hots) and Sahlens.

335245[/snapback]

There was a Reid's at the Kenmore-Tonawanda border. Never really tried it for the dogs. Burgers weren't bad though.

Who USE to be Ackermans? :wub:

334364[/snapback]

The question was, "What is your favorite Upstate Hot Dog shack?"

Granted, in NJ it would be Yoused to be, but I'll stand by the King's English: "(It) used to be Ackermans." In fact if it were still around I'd buy you a Texas hot - or a Porker. Your choice.

Though seeing we're both stuck here in NJ, if we ever run into each other I guess it'd have to be something from Stewarts. ;) Better yet, maybe just a 6 pack of something cold. ;)

I remember when we moved from Buffalo to Syracuse when I was a kid, and we went to Heid's for the first time.  They didn't flame grill the dogs, and the only condiment they had was mustard.  Whenever we go back to Buffalo for a couple of days we try to have a lunch at Teds.  Plus they have Loganberry.

333539[/snapback]

And the people in Syracuse are calling you a heretic now!!!!! How dare you not love their beloved Heid's

What is your favorite Upstate Hot Dog shack?

Heid's

Ted's

Red Top

Louis'

Hoffman Hot Haus

For me its Heid's especially since they started using Hoffman Dogs and Coney's again

333272[/snapback]

Reid's in Lockport is legendary. Anything you order, get it "with." (With Sauce.) You will have found your fast food for life.

Though seeing we're both stuck here in NJ, if we ever run into each other I guess it'd have to be something from Stewarts.  :lol:  Better yet, maybe just a 6 pack of something cold. :doh:

Ha!.....

Rutt's Hut in Clifton, NJ has excellent Ripper Dogs (boiled in oil). The 'Ripper' part means the split open..... They are pretty friggen good.

I'll go for the 6.....

I passed by there (Page's Whistle Pig) today, and it looked to be open...but, maybe I just assumed it. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm no dog expert...not my favorite food. While I'll eat a dog at a baseball game, or on the streets of NYC (dirty water dog) if I'm starved and press for time, Ted's is the only commercial place I've ever thought had GREAT dogs.

BTW, ever have Omaha Steaks hotdogs? Their steaks are pretty average, IMO...but their burgers and hotdogs are out of this world. Their dogs may be better than Sahlens...I said maybe...and, again, I'm no hotdog expert.

Yep, that's my choice too.  They boil the dogs rather than grill them.  The white hots are incredible. :lol:

I'm not sure if they're going to open up this year.  The property appears to be for sale:

http://www.huntcommercial.com/Property_Lis...st_forlease.htm

Anybody from the Town of Niagara know if they're still around?

334047[/snapback]

The Texas Hot in Wellsville- 3 hots, an order of fries with gravy and a Cream Ale "Pounder" to make sure none of it hangs out in your system long enough to do permanent damage. MMMmmmmmm.......................

333603[/snapback]

I ate there last week. Good stuff...

Johnny's lunch in Jamestown....3 with everything please...theirs a reason they call them sliders!!

Dogs at my kids baseball games....(they use Salhens!!)

333506[/snapback]

Absolutely agree, love that place.