Jump to content

Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.


Let's create TSW Bills draft big board  

258 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you pick if all these players were available? 15 votes needed for pick

    • Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan State
    • Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    • Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
    • Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
      0
    • Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
    • Travis Jones, DL, UConn
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
    • David Ojabo, DE, Michigan
    • Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota
      0
    • Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
    • Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    • Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
    • George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    • Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/2022 at 11:43 AM

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I really like the idea of sliding Dawkins over to LG and having Penning start on the left side. You then have a solid battle at RG with Saffold and Bates. So long as Brown gets better, that line is much improved from last season. Then every year add high ceiling prospects to fill out depth and push starters

I’d love it, unless they trade up for him it’s not happening though…. If they do trade up it will be for a corner IMO.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I really like the idea of sliding Dawkins over to LG and having Penning start on the left side. You then have a solid battle at RG with Saffold and Bates. So long as Brown gets better, that line is much improved from last season. Then every year add high ceiling prospects to fill out depth and push starters

If Dawkins is sliding anywhere it would be to RT if they got a true stalwart LT 

 

They aren't moving their LT they just paid to Guard... Besides you don't move a top 10 LT to guard

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Trevor Penning, Daxton Hill and Devin Lloyd selected! Who is next in line? Keep on RE-voting (Selection 9). Big board in OP!
51 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If Dawkins is sliding anywhere it would be to RT if they got a true stalwart LT 

 

They aren't moving their LT they just paid to Guard... Besides you don't move a top 10 LT to guard

 

 


While I agree I don’t think they would move Dawkins from LT to guard, I think people are using that line of thought since they couldn’t move Brown inside to guard. I mean I guess they could, I’ve never seen a 6-7 guard, but that would be a massive oline. Josh wouldn’t  have much trouble throwing over them either since he is 6-5 at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

I really like the idea of sliding Dawkins over to LG and having Penning start on the left side. You then have a solid battle at RG with Saffold and Bates. So long as Brown gets better, that line is much improved from last season. Then every year add high ceiling prospects to fill out depth and push starters

Unfortunately, there’s very little to no chance (imo) of this coming to fruition.  Penning lasting til 25 is super unlikely 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:


While I agree I don’t think they would move Dawkins from LT to guard, I think people are using that line of thought since they couldn’t move Brown inside to guard. I mean I guess they could, I’ve never seen a 6-7 guard, but that would be a massive oline. Josh wouldn’t  have much trouble throwing over them either since he is 6-5 at least.

 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If Dawkins is sliding anywhere it would be to RT if they got a true stalwart LT 

 

They aren't moving their LT they just paid to Guard... Besides you don't move a top 10 LT to guard

 

 

What they just paid him is irrelevant if it makes the team better. Dawkins slides inside and finishes his career as the Bills franchise LG. His student Penning learns the ropes from a solid vet and develops into a better LT than Dawkins could ever be. Nothing against him either. To paraphrase Dawkins here, they're looking to make that mac n cheese just right. I think it would help Spencer Brown's development too having his old teammate to add to the chemistry. Morse in turn gets better guard play of both sides and has a late career surge and plays out his final downs as a Bill.

Edited by Hermes
*their, they're
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Hermes said:

 

What they just paid him is irrelevant if it makes the team better. Dawkins slides inside and finishes his career as the Bills franchise LG. His student Penning learns the ropes from a solid vet and develops into a better LT than Dawkins could ever be. Nothing against him either. To paraphrase Dawkins here, they're looking to make that mac n cheese just right. I think it would help Spencer Brown's development too having his old teammate to add to the chemistry. Morse in turn gets better guard play of both sides and has a late career surge and plays out his final downs as a Bill.

Spencer Brown would be relegated to swing tackle before they would move Dawkins to guard 

 

They're not moving their left tackle who just pro bowled to guard 

 

If they want to improve the guard play they'll just draft a guard

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting. I didn't include him so far since he is lower on "consensus" boards and I don't remember him being discussed on TSW in relation to our first round pick at all.

 

Once next player is is chosen I will try to expand list and may include him.

Jalen Pitre is an absolute stud reminds me of Earl Thomas or Honey Badger I realize he hasn’t been spoken about much on this board or even in general on other draft sites but watch the film he’s got instincts, physicality a nose for the ball seems to never be out of position the kid plays fast and hits like a bag of bricks . I won’t mind him being the pick at #25 or if we trade back a little and grab him in the 2nd rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Spencer Brown would be relegated to swing tackle before they would move Dawkins to guard 

 

They're not moving their left tackle who just pro bowled to guard 

 

If they want to improve the guard play they'll just draft a guard

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-dion-dawkins-g-temple

 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dion-dawkins/32004441-5705-6236-cf99-fd4dcf52774c

 

Maybe they already did?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

What's wrong with Burks? I think there are better options right now but I for one am surprised that he gets so few votes. But I do think that at the end of the day he will be voted to the board (if we get that far) sooner than some guys who have more votes now.

 

Anyway, really interesting how the votes are spread. Yesterday we added two players to the board, hopefully we can make the same today. But there are lots of votes spread around.

 

Thanks everyone, keep them votes coming!

IMO, and I have never seen him play in person, Burks has some that...I am not sure about his play.   I think Williams, Garrett, Olave, and London are ahead of him.

 

On the other hand, he could be the next AJ Brown.  

On 4/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, GunnerBill said:

 

Maybe. I think you work that out later. If he is there you pick him you don't worry about who lines up where. Long term I think he is your left tackle and Dion slides inside to left guard. But maybe you do that after 2022 when Saffold moves on.

I had never thought of moving Dawkins to LG.   Hmmm.    Interesting.

 

It would be tough to pass up on Trevor Conrad Dobler Penning.   Although I doubt he could play left tackle at the NFL level right away.  He needs some of his rough edges coached out of him.  But he sure looks promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Those are scouting reports from years and years ago.. he just pro bowled at left tackle... Kiper also called him the best tackle in the class

 

He's a tackle who can play guard, not a guard who can play tackle

 

They're not flipping him to guard .. anything they're getting another right tackle to battle brown

 

Edited by Buffalo716
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Those are scouting reports from years and years ago.. he just pro bowled at left tackle... Kiper also called him the best tackle in the class

 

He's a tackle who can play guard, not a guard who can play tackle

 

They're not flipping him to guard .. anything they're getting another right tackle to battle brown

 

I personally think he would excel as a guard and probowl =/= all pro. He's a definitely a good player and a leader on the team. He can still be both of those things as a guard. It seems like the transition from tackle to guard isn't a hugely prohibitive factor. I.e. tackles can be guards, but guards can't be tackles, so to speak. Also if they draft him he could be the swing tackle and learn the ropes while Dion holds down the fort at LT until he's ready to take the reins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

 

I had never thought of moving Dawkins to LG.   Hmmm.    Interesting.

 

It would be tough to pass up on Trevor Conrad Dobler Penning.   Although I doubt he could play left tackle at the NFL level right away.  He needs some of his rough edges coached out of him.  But he sure looks promising.

 

Yea I don't think I'd do it day 1. I'd find another way to get them on the field. But I have always believed Dion Dawkins is a good left tackle but would have been a perennial all pro type left guard. He has been superb for the Bills at tackle but if he is struggling as he gets older to manage his weight then he will get away with that more inside. Let Penning learn the NFL for a year at guard or right tackle as a rookie and then switch it up. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Kyler Gordon on the board! Who is next? Keep on RE-voting (Selection 10). Big board in OP!

Though this is kind of a fun exercise, there's certainly some vote splitting going on here... Drake London may end up being a top 10 overall pick, and somehow he's on the outside looking in for what would ultimately be our "top 20"...

 

I know ordering by position can also be messy and isn't as much fun as players, but if we're looking at WR in the first, I have to imagine a guy like London -- even if he's not the #1 or 2 WR on our board, probably would absolutely be the priority over a guy like McDuffie or Gordon.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Though this is kind of a fun exercise, there's certainly some vote splitting going on here... Drake London may end up being a top 10 overall pick, and somehow he's on the outside looking in for what would ultimately be our "top 20"...

 

I know ordering by position can also be messy and isn't as much fun as players, but if we're looking at WR in the first, I have to imagine a guy like London -- even if he's not the #1 or 2 WR on our board, probably would absolutely be the priority over a guy like McDuffie or Gordon.

Agreed. If we took Jordan Davis with London on the board…. img GIF


i voted for Burks over london due to him being a RAC beast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...