Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.

No_Matter_What

Let's create TSW Bills draft big board  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if all these players were available? 15 votes needed for pick

• Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan State
    • Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    • Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
    • Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
    • Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
    • Travis Jones, DL, UConn
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
    • David Ojabo, DE, Michigan
    • Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota
    • Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
    • Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    • Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
    • George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    • Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/2022 at 11:43 AM

6 minutes ago, DrDare said:

1. Jameson

2. Kenneth Walker

3. Booth

didnt see any of them on there so selected Davis

Williams and Booth are already on the big board, thus you cannot select them - we have already agreed that we pick them first if there is a chance. Walker isn't on the list yet since it is too soon for him to be included based on "consensus" and discussions on this site.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jameson Williams was not in the poll so I went with mckduffie

Already selected as our top pick if available (see OP). We are now voting who is next if he and Booth are both gone (in addition to all top players who are extremely unlikely to fall to us).

Going with Tyler Linderbaum here.  The best center prospect ever graded by PFF.  Former Wrestling all-star.  We need a franchise Center, can move Morse to Guard, and be ready to rock on the OL.  Gives Allen more time to pass, helps with the run as well.  

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Linderbaum is quite undersized.  Love his wrestling background, but for that size I am not sure he is a must-pick first rounder.

I get that Loyd is a very good prospect and he might be interesting if no CB or top WR left.

I'd take Linderbaum.  He was a beast in the Big 10.  Will provide the offense with the best Center prospect they may have a chance to get during Allen's tenure.  Morse was also not great last season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Going with Tyler Linderbaum here.  The best center prospect ever graded by PFF.  Former Wrestling all-star.  We need a franchise Center, can move Morse to Guard, and be ready to rock on the OL.  Gives Allen more time to pass, helps with the run as well.  

I'd take Linderbaum.  He was a beast in the Big 10.  Will provide the offense with the best Center prospect they may have a chance to get during Allen's tenure.  Morse was also not great last season.  

I think linderbaum is a good prospect but not a can't miss center 

He's smaller in stature and has had tape where he is pushed around by bigger guys.. real 2 gappers in the NFL will have their way with him 

He can be a pro bowl talent in the right scheme but he needs the right system 

Every few years there are good prospects at the end of the first round at that position.. we will have a good amount of chances to replace Morse in the next few years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think linderbaum is a good prospect but not a can't miss center 

He's smaller in stature and has had tape where he is pushed around by bigger guys.. real 2 gappers in the NFL will have their way with him 

He can be a pro bowl talent in the right scheme but he needs the right system 

Every few years there are good prospects at the end of the first round at that position.. we will have a good amount of chances to replace Morse in the next few years

He needs a Shanahan stretch zone style offense.

The problem projecting him to the Bills is that in terms of run blocking we have never really settled on what we want to run. We started last year with more of a zone scheme and it morphed into a gap scheme as the year went on. 

20 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Good morning everybody! Seems like we could add at least two more players to the board today. One more vote missing for McDuffie.

McDuffie over Olave would be a major blunder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Trent McDuffie selected, please keep on voting (Selection 5). Big board in OP!
4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I agree but the voters have spoken!

Jmo:  As the poll creator, I don’t find it advantageous for you to remind potential voters how many votes are needed for the candidates.  They have the info on the front page if they need it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Jmo:  As the poll creator, I don’t find it advantageous for you to remind potential voters how many votes are needed for the candidates.  They have the info on the front page if they need it. 

You're right. I realized it as soon as you quoted me, but there was no way back since somebody already casted that 20th vote. I don't think it would've made a difference in this case since McDuffie was really missing just one more vote but I won't do it again.

Edited by No_Matter_What

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

You're right. I realized it as soon as you quoted me, but there was no way back since somebody already casted that 20th vote. I won't do it again.

Asterisk by the terrible pick of McDuffie over Olave.  I’d throw up in my mouth if that happened irl. 

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Chris Olave selected, all top WRs and CBs gone. Who do we pick now? Keep on voting (Selection 6). Big board in OP!
1 minute ago, wppete said:

If we do draft Trevor Penning, can he play RG??? Next to his boy Spencer Brown. 2 monsters with a nasty attitude would be scary. 

Maybe. I think you work that out later. If he is there you pick him you don't worry about who lines up where. Long term I think he is your left tackle and Dion slides inside to left guard. But maybe you do that after 2022 when Saffold moves on.

• Like (+1) 5

Ok so now we are in the territory where it gets really interesting for me. All obvious WR/CB choices are gone, and we either take players mostly perceived as better on positions with less obvious need, or might reach a little for CB/WR. Really curious how this will end up.

For me its now Penning all day long. Once you have QB OL becomes single most important unit and Penning seems like a great prospect. Not taking him b/c we have Brown already seems like a weak argument to me. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

If you use a second round pick on a player I think it should be a GIVEN that you will want to re-sign the guy if he plays well.

I wonder what % of people that want to draft a RB are thinking that player will be worthy of a big second contract?

I suspect it's low.......nobody wants to pay RB's anymore.

A second round pick is still one of your best shots to find an organizational difference maker.........the vast majority of pro bowlers come from rounds 1 and 2.

So a second rounder shouldn't be used on players that you plan from the get-go to use up and throw away........which basically describes all but the most unique RB's. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, No_Matter_What said:

The goal of this thread is to create Bills fans draft big board, i.e. an order (board) from players who could be available for our first round pick. 

Rules are simple. As soon as a player gets 20 votes he gets on the big board below and is removed from the poll. People who voted for chosen player can vote again. I will add more players as we will proceed.

I didn’t include top 10 players who have close to zero chance to get to our pick – Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, Charles Cross, Aidan Hutchinson, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Travon Walker, Jermaine Johnson, Ahmad Gardner, Derek Stingley and Kyle Hamilton. We might not have a chance on couple more players but this is where I decided to draw a line. I also didn’t include any QBs from obvious reasons.

Board - players already selected in our voting:

1. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

2. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State 

3. Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson

4. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

5. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

EDIT: I found out that it is technically not possible to add more than 20 options to the poll, even if you delete some previous ones. Therefore after we select next player (6th) I will add new options through "add question" option.

I voted for Daxton Hill but rather have Jalen Pitre at #25. Pitre will be a pro bowler in the NFL book it. 

9 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I voted for Daxton Hill but rather have Jalen Pitre at #25. Pitre will be a pro bowler in the NFL book it. 

Interesting. I didn't include him so far since he is lower on "consensus" boards and I don't remember him being discussed on TSW in relation to our first round pick at all.

Once next player is is chosen I will try to expand list and may include him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.