Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.

No_Matter_What

Let's create TSW Bills draft big board  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if all these players were available? 15 votes needed for pick

• Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan State
    • Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    • Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
    • Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
    • Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
    • Travis Jones, DL, UConn
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
    • David Ojabo, DE, Michigan
    • Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota
    • Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
    • Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    • Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
    • George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    • Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/2022 at 11:43 AM

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Devin Lloyd and Tyler Linderbaum not getting the respect they deserve here. Those are blue chip prospects, with not a lot of depth at their position in this draft.

We can get DBs and WRs later. If Linderbaum and/or Lloyd is there at #25, Bills would be nuts to pass on that value.

Issue with Linderbaum is he has only played center, and the Bills just reworked Morses contract. He doesn’t have guard flexibility so he would be drafted exclusively as a back up.

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Issue with Linderbaum is he has only played center, and the Bills just reworked Morses contract. He doesn’t have guard flexibility so he would be drafted exclusively as a back up.

They reworked the contract, but can get out of it at anytime pretty cheaply (his dead cap hit is $5M next year). Plus, Morse is on the verge of retirement. And is one slap to the head away from a forced retirement.

Get the Center who will be with Josh for the rest of his contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I have no idea if people will be willing to participate but I think this could be a fun exercise.

The goal should be creating Bills fans draft big board.

Rules are simple. As soon as a player gets 20 votes he gets on the big board and is removed from the poll. People who voted for him can vote again. I will add more players as we will proceed (I hope it is technically possible to remove players, add players and re-vote).

I didn’t include top 10 players who have close to zero chance to get to our pick – Evan Neal, Ikem Ekwonu, Charles Cross, Aidan Hutchinson, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Travon Walker, Jermaine Johnson, Ahmad Gardner, Derek Stingley and Kyle Hamilton. We might not have a chance on couple more players but this is where I decided to draw a line. I also didn’t include any QBs from obvious reasons.

Board:

I find it weird you didn't include Kyle Hamilton, who we have met with along with other safeties too.  There is talk about a Bills interest in moving up as well, while there is also talk Hamilton could slide out of the top 10 too.  Honestly, he has more of a chance to be our pick than several other players on your list.  

Not saying he is our target, but right now he seems to at least be somewhere in play compared to a lot of these players the Bills have not even met with nor would have much of a chance of being at the top of Beanes board.

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Williams and Wilson gone, please vote again (Selection 3)
3 hours ago, SoTier said:

I voted for Zion Johnson, Boston College.  The Bills need a computer nerd on the OL!   :D

I really like him.  I think he’s be a day 1 starter and 10 year player.  Making a big board is hard haha

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Devin Lloyd and Tyler Linderbaum not getting the respect they deserve here. Those are blue chip prospects, with not a lot of depth at their position in this draft.

We can get DBs and WRs later. If Linderbaum and/or Lloyd is there at #25, Bills would be nuts to pass on that value.

Great point.  I’d still go Landon over either of these two because of a win-now need, and not sure if either will be day 1 contributor.  I could be totally wrong.  I think both are gone by 25.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Linderbaum is quite undersized.  Love his wrestling background, but for that size I am not sure he is a must-pick first rounder.

I get that Loyd is a very good prospect and he might be interesting if no CB or top WR left.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right now I don't think we can conclude that they don't get enough respect. We only know that people want Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams and probably Andrew Booth more. It is still very likely that at least Lloyd will be in top 10-12 on this board, which means we (if fans were Beane) take him at 25. We'll see. That was one of the reasons I started this, to see how people here value these prospects relatively to "lesser" prospects on more valuable positions or positions of bigger need.

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Right now I don't think we can conclude that they don't get enough respect. We only know that people want Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams and probably Andrew Booth more. It is still very likely that at least Lloyd will be in top 10-12 on this board, which means we (if fans were Beane) take him at 25. We'll see. That was one of the reasons I started this, to see how people here value these prospects relatively to "lesser" prospects on more valuable positions or positions of bigger need.

Oh, we're supposed to be re-voting? This is confusing.

I voted for Dax Hill because:

1. He can play CB2

2. He can replace slot or safety injury 

3. Poyer’s wife is crazy. Long term safety 

4. I’d like more dime packages against high level passing teams. Think Cincinnati’s second half D in Championship game this year.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Hard, very hard decision. Outside of the fact I don't believe that some of these guys are on the board when we pick, my order would be as follows:

1. Jameson Williams

2. Devin Lloyd

3. Andrew Booth

4. Trevor Penning

5. Jordan Davis

6. Chris Olave

I know that many of these guys won't be there - It is inevitable, since we are picking at 25 and I only excluded top 10 guys + maybe 2-3 QBs taken before us. But I wanted to see how our board could look like outside of those top players.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I find it weird you didn't include Kyle Hamilton, who we have met with along with other safeties too.  There is talk about a Bills interest in moving up as well, while there is also talk Hamilton could slide out of the top 10 too.  Honestly, he has more of a chance to be our pick than several other players on your list.  

Not saying he is our target, but right now he seems to at least be somewhere in play compared to a lot of these players the Bills have not even met with nor would have much of a chance of being at the top of Beanes board.

Yeah I thought about Hamilton. But I didn't want to go through players who are ~100% out of our reach, and I considered Hamilton as one of those players. Yes we might trade up but then also other players (Gardner, Stingley?) might become available and I wanted to avoid them since I don't find it realistic. I didn't see Hamilton outside of top 15 in any mock and that was sort of the line I draw. 

As for some players possibly being much lower at our board (included in my list), that was sort of my point - to see how fans see Lloyd, Davis or Linderbaum compared to players who might be percieved as worse overall, but play on position of need.

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh, we're supposed to be re-voting? This is confusing.

Yes. I tried to explain it in my original post but apparently I failed :( That's the whole point. Guy gets 20 votes, he goes on the board, anybody who voted for him can vote again. Point is to put players who could be possible available for our pick 25 in order.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They reworked the contract, but can get out of it at anytime pretty cheaply (his dead cap hit is $5M next year). Plus, Morse is on the verge of retirement. And is one slap to the head away from a forced retirement.

Get the Center who will be with Josh for the rest of his contract.

If Linderbaum or Johnson are on the board when the Bills get their turn, they should definitely take him for exactly the reasons you list plus the fact that it's likely he'll be a significant upgrade over Morse who's a decent but not outstanding center.   Moreover, both of them can play guard IIRC, so that's a big bonus. 

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Andrew Booth selected, please vote again (Selection 4)
1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

OT Trevor Penning is from Northern Iowa, not Miss State

Northern Iowa is OT Spencer Brown's alma mater

Can he play guard? Down the road maybe theres a T spot open, but for now hes much more valuable if he can kick inside (Saffold is LG right? so hed be right next to his homie in the trenches!)

Saw they were the highest pair of T's scored in RAS of any college. Beane likes his freaks!

Edited by BillsShredder83

2 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

OT Trevor Penning is from Northern Iowa, not Miss State

Northern Iowa is OT Spencer Brown's alma mater

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Can he play guard? Down the road maybe theres a T spot open, but for now hes much more valuable if he can kick inside (Saffold is LG right? so hed be right next to his homie in the trenches!)

Saw they were the highest pair of T's scored in RAS of any college. Beane likes his freaks!

Would love to get Penning, but I doubt he's available when we pick.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.