Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.

No_Matter_What

Let's create TSW Bills draft big board  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick if all these players were available? 15 votes needed for pick

• Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan State
    • Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    • Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
    • Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
    • Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
    • Travis Jones, DL, UConn
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
    • David Ojabo, DE, Michigan
    • Boye Mafe, DE, Minnesota
    • Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
    • Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
    • Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
    • Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
    • George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    • Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/2022 at 11:43 AM

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I almost forgot to close this thing.

When we were on the clock, following players from our big board (listed in OP) were still available:

3. Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson

7. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

8. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah

9. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington

Kaiir Elam had most votes when I closed the poll, so I consider him next on the board. Booth's medical concerns were apparently bigger than we expected, and I don't think Bills were interested in the first round LB at all. So all in all we were pretty close to the Bills choice.

Apparently the Bills did not have 1st round grades on Booth, Hill, Lloyd or Gordon while the TBD consensus did.

10 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I almost forgot to close this thing.

When we were on the clock, following players from our big board (listed in OP) were still available:

3. Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson

7. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

8. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah

9. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington

Kaiir Elam had most votes when I closed the poll, so I consider him next on the board. Booth's medical concerns were apparently bigger than we expected, and I don't think Bills were interested in the first round LB at all. So all in all we were pretty close to the Bills choice.

No offense, but the guy they chose didn’t even make the list of your top 14 choices.  And 4 guys you had between 3 and 9 were not the pick even though they were on the board.  

So not sure I would say this was “pretty close”.  

13 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

So, the question is, how many voted after the Bills picked (or after the draft started)! It seems too unlikely that Elam had the most votes of everyone.

Answer is zero. I locked the voting one day before the draft started. But it is not surprising that Elam got most votes at that stage. If you read OP, there were already top 24 players elected, so we were voting for 25th player on TSW Bills big board.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but the guy they chose didn’t even make the list of your top 14 choices.  And 4 guys you had between 3 and 9 were not the pick even though they were on the board.  

So not sure I would say this was “pretty close”.  

No offense taken :) You're mostly right, I was trying to much to spin it in an optimistic way :)

I don't think your first statement is that relevant - he probably would end up as 15th on that board, which is 25th overall (counting top 10 players excluded from the poll). We chose him at 23 with one QB taken. I'd say that's pretty close. It doesn't say much he didn't made it to top 14, since it was clear from the beginning that most of those guys will be taken in teens.

What I find relevant that there were 4 players available who we didn't take before Elam and could. I agree it is not that close, he was 5th option from TSW view (based on voting of members who wanted to vote). I'd probably put an asterix next to Andrew Booth, since there seems to be more to his medical issues than it was known to fans before draft.

But even if we take him out people here still preferred Lloyd, Hill and Gordon more. Gordon is a crucial name here since it say that in this voting, since he plays very same position and people preferred him to Elam in this voting. That applies also to Hill to some extent.

On a side note, one of the 10 players I excluded from the poll due to presumed unavailability was surprisingly available - Jermaine Johnson.

• Like (+1) 2

• No_Matter_What changed the title to Let's create TSW Bills draft big board - Final Conclusion: Kaiir Elam was the 5th option in TSW eyes when the Bills were picking.
4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Answer is zero. I locked the voting one day before the draft started. But it is not surprising that Elam got most votes at that stage. If you read OP, there were already top 24 players elected, so we were voting for 25th player on TSW Bills big board.

No offense taken :) You're mostly right, I was trying to much to spin it in an optimistic way :)

I don't think your first statement is that relevant - he probably would end up as 15th on that board, which is 25th overall (counting top 10 players excluded from the poll). We chose him at 23 with one QB taken. I'd say that's pretty close. It doesn't say much he didn't made it to top 14, since it was clear from the beginning that most of those guys will be taken in teens.

What I find relevant that there were 4 players available who we didn't take before Elam and could. I agree it is not that close, he was 5th option from TSW view (based on voting of members who wanted to vote). I'd probably put an asterix next to Andrew Booth, since there seems to be more to his medical issues than it was known to fans before draft.

But even if we take him out people here still preferred Lloyd, Hill and Gordon more. Gordon is a crucial name here since it say that in this voting, since he plays very same position and people preferred him to Elam in this voting. That applies also to Hill to some extent.

On a side note, one of the 10 players I excluded from the poll due to presumed unavailability was surprisingly available - Jermaine Johnson.

Yeah I think your exercise you did was fun, so wasn't trying to be rude towards your thread when I said it wasn't that close.  I was more pointing out just how off base the forum was given its the forum here who submitted the votes and built the list.  

What I think your thread better showcased is that TSW does not know remotely close to what these front office professionals know when it comes to evaluating and ranking players.  While that seems like common sense knowledge, you wouldn't know it when you see the amount of melt downs people have on here about certain players before, during, and after the draft.  Based on who should go where, who we took vs who they thought we would take, what we used in the trade up, etc etc.  

And every team can vary dramatically from the next because its not just about grading a player, its about how that player would grade out in their specific system and plans.  Also, it comes down to what traits they covet over others.  Some teams fall in love with athletic gift, others covet fundamentals and technique, etc etc.

All the internet, sports talking heads, media mock drafts, etc are mostly worthless and inaccurate outside the early picks.  Their sole value really is to help fans get more familiar with what players are out there, not necessarily where they will go or when.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.