TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 57? ***Poll closing at 8p est 4/3/22

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 52?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 52?

• Kenneth Walker, RB, Mich St (44)
    • Tyler Smith, OL, Tulsa (Soph) (47)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2022 at 12:02 AM

In the real draft, Tyler Smith will be long gone. Though he would be a great pick.

I think Kenneth Walker will be there though and that’s who I voted for. Us fans have been clamoring for an explosive back and he is it. He had 90+ long TD runs while he was at both MSU and Wake. We don’t know what kind of pass catcher he is bc he wasn’t used that way (neither was Motor in college). Willing blocker but needs a lot of help being more consistent in that area.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This type of thinking doesn't get you Josh Allen, or Dawson Knox, or Greg Rousseau... or Super Bowl rings.

I like Woolen a lot… same with Troy Anderson for upside.  But since we took a CB round one.. I wanf the explosive RB which is something we don’t have.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

But we already have an All Pro CB on the roster and just drafted a CB in round 1 in this draft.  

This is all VERY moot, because the guy we're debating will be long gone by 57 AND our 1st rd pick was...not a good one.

But since you're wanting to debate...

The NFL is evolving, looking to get the ball to athletes in space. CB is our most glaring need and our 2nd biggest need has no real viable candidates available. Our staff has repeatedly proven their ability to develop toolsy athletes and Woolen is that in spades. They've also show their ability to move guys around and find fits in different positions (neither Poyer nor Hyde were full time safeties when they came here) -- I'm not saying that we draft Woolen or McDuff to move them to S, but they'd find ways to get them on the field. Perhaps Johnson becomes the S and McDuff stays where he's best in the slot.

My whole point is simply that the type of player aligns better to the value and need on the board with Woolen than arguably anyone else. I personally HATED the McDuffie pick too, so might as well right that wrong...

1 minute ago, Magnum Force said:

I like Woolen a lot… same with Troy Anderson for upside.  But since we took a CB round one.. I wanf the explosive RB which is something we don’t have.  

Walker is the only other guy available I can see a viable debate for, so agree w/ you there. I just also happen to like a number of RBs deeper into the draft and am also fine with airing it out 60x a game lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

To me an explosive RB with HR potential will take this team to a different level.  Singletary is small and slow…we can grab our OL in the next few rounds… think Cody Ford

Kenneth Walker is all that.  He reminds me of Motor making himself small, after contact yards, elusiveness....but he does have that HR gear Motor doesn't.  I love Motor, and think he will be a big part of future Bills success.  But adding Walker, or Breece, thats a whole new dimension for our offense

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Do you think Smith could competently play RT in a pinch?  The little that I have watched of him left me thinking that he is a G only in the NFL.  I think he would get called for holding a lot if he played T.

In a pinch, yes. But I agree he is an NFL guard. He could get you out of a game at right tackle if you had an injury and if you are down to the bare bones you could start him there for a game or two and as long as you gamplanned well, he'd be serviceable. But long term play there? No I think he is a guard.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This is all VERY moot, because the guy we're debating will be long gone by 57 AND our 1st rd pick was...not a good one.

But since you're wanting to debate...

The NFL is evolving, looking to get the ball to athletes in space. CB is our most glaring need and our 2nd biggest need has no real viable candidates available. Our staff has repeatedly proven their ability to develop toolsy athletes and Woolen is that in spades. They've also show their ability to move guys around and find fits in different positions (neither Poyer nor Hyde were full time safeties when they came here) -- I'm not saying that we draft Woolen or McDuff to move them to S, but they'd find ways to get them on the field. Perhaps Johnson becomes the S and McDuff stays where he's best in the slot.

My whole point is simply that the type of player aligns better to the value and need on the board with Woolen than arguably anyone else. I personally HATED the McDuffie pick too, so might as well right that wrong...

Walker is the only other guy available I can see a viable debate for, so agree w/ you there. I just also happen to like a number of RBs deeper into the draft and am also fine with airing it out 60x a game lol

I want a Superbowl.. A top shelf RB like Walker gets us closer.  I do like Woolen but that is overkill since we already took McDuffie in achieving it. 

3 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I want a Superbowl.. A top shelf RB like Walker gets us closer.  I do like Woolen but that is overkill since we already took McDuffie in achieving it. 

Agree to disagree. RBs are VERY replaceable, top end athlete CBs aren't. Also adding multiple CBs allows Tre an abundance of time to get right.

In our window, we shouldn't be drafting for what the player can do for us day 1, we should be drafting for what they could do for us in the Super Bowl, and to me, Woolen does a lot more in that frame of mind as well...

Again though, I wouldn't hate Walker. 

17 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This type of thinking doesn't get you Josh Allen, or Dawson Knox, or Greg Rousseau... or Super Bowl rings.

I do like your way of thinking… Watson might be my favorite WR in this draft…Walker, Anderson and Woolen are also  in my Top 10.   I don’t like the mode of thinking that we need a CB so we have to take the highest ranked CB with 1st pick.  Then we need an OL next so we have to take the highest ranked OL with 2nd pick.  I wanted Allen well before the draft… I wanted Metcalf when we took Cody Ford.  Upside wins not being conservative. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I do like your way of thinking… Watson might be my favorite WR in this draft…Walker, Anderson and Woolen are also  in my Top 10.   I don’t like the mode of thinking that we need a CB so we have to take the highest ranked CB with 1st pick.  Then we need an OL next so we have to take the highest ranked OL with 2nd pick.  I wanted Allen well before the draft… I wanted Metcalf when we took Cody Ford.  Upside wins not being conservative. 

I was one of the few who was completely okay with taking DK over Oliver, so right there with you (don't get me started on Ford...). I don't like McDuffie, both because he's a Husky (which might as well be a swear word in my house) but also because I think he's pretty tapped out. He might be a low-end CB1 but I think much more likely to be an average CB2 if not maybe an above average slot guy. That's not worth a 1 to me. 

Either way, take the crazy athlete at the position of need to me.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

For perspective... Our very own Joe Marino mocked Woolen to us IN THE FIRST ROUND in his newest mock draft. Feels high, which is why I've said before that the ideal scenario is trading down to improve our 2 and ending up with Woolen and George Pickens, BUT... he'd be a steal at 57.

Personally I still think round 2 is high for Woolen. And I was a guy talking about him before he blew up the combine when I definitely thought he was being overlooked. 

I get the argument about physical potential and traits, I do, and I see the argument of him being a Beane type in that regard. But there are big flaws that need correcting on the tape. And they are the sort of flaws McDermott hates: 1. He is not a particularly good tackler, especially in run support; 2. He plays with his back to the Quarterback way too often. He is the sort of guy I can well imagine Beane and Gaine and whoever else is calling the shots now having a 2nd on and when McDermott, Frazier and Butler watch the film he gets bumped down. 

I was pretty much with you on McDuffie, I wouldn't say hated, but it was not a pick I liked. But I am just more wary of Woolen. He is kind of a lottery ticket for me. He probably wouldn't last to our third rounder, but I just can't comfortable with him at #57. His floor is too low. I think long term he might be a safety (which I think you alluded to as well, if not maybe someone else did) but even there I think it is going to take some time.

All that said..... I agree that is NOT a particularly good looking list for the Bills. In this scenario if they wanted to slide out of the 2nd altogether... just spitballing but Atlanta gives you #74 and #82 to move up and take a Quarterback at #57.... then I could get comfortable with a version of your end of round 1 strategy where you move back take Woolen and a swing on whoever the highest ceiling receiver left is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Agree to disagree. RBs are VERY replaceable, top end athlete CBs aren't. Also adding multiple CBs allows Tre an abundance of time to get right.

In our window, we shouldn't be drafting for what the player can do for us day 1, we should be drafting for what they could do for us in the Super Bowl, and to me, Woolen does a lot more in that frame of mind as well...

Again though, I wouldn't hate Walker. 

Who is your 2nd choice beyond Woolen

45 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

A top shelf RB doesn’t get us any closer considering the Oline is horrible at run blocking. Tyler Smith was my vote. Zamir White in round 3, James Cook or Pierce Strong in round 4 would have a lot of success running behind an improved oline.

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

A top shelf RB doesn’t get us any closer considering the Oline is horrible at run blocking. Tyler Smith was my vote. Zamir White in round 3, James Cook or Pierce Strong in round 4 would have a lot of success running behind an improved oline.

Like strong also but like Walker a lot better.. though Strong is my #3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.