Bruce Willis retiring from acting diagnosed with Aphasia

TBBills

https://people.com/health/bruce-willis-has-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/?amp=true

"According to Mayo Clinic, aphasia "robs you of the ability to communicate" and "can affect your ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written." The group adds that the condition "typically occurs suddenly after a stroke or a head injury. But it can also come on gradually from a slow-growing brain tumor or a disease that causes progressive, permanent damage (degenerative).""

I was stunned to read that today.  I read where people were thinking something was up because he was doing so many straight to DVD films, but I thought he was just going the "hey, it's money" Steven Seagal/Nic Cage route.  

Very sad, I always liked his work. 

When it’s my time, I hope to die in my sleep and not become a burden to my family. I pray this can be well managed by those involved. Hopefully he does well with treatment/therapy. 

I had a touch of aphasia after my stroke in 2014.  I had lots of trouble recalling names for a couple of months. An example was Steve Buschemi. I knew he was in the  Snickers commercial where he said "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"I also knew he was an actor and was in Fargo and The Sopranos but could not recall his name no matter how hard I tried.Finally I said that and someone and they told me his name and I repeated it to myself hundreds of times.

Aphasia  can appear as having the words on the "tip of your tongue". Or it can appear as the wrong word  being said. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, Another Fan said:

Poor guy.  That’s sad 

Die Hard With A Vengeance still remains of my favorites 

I'd argue it's the best of the Die Hard series and one of his (and John McTiernan's) best movies.  I think it slightly edges out the first.   The action is crisp and you're immersed into the NYC of the mid-1990s.  It's loaded with fantastic actors.  

If they would have used what's known today as the "alternate ending", it would have been the top one by the country mile.  

17 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'd argue it's the best of the Die Hard series and one of his (and John McTiernan's) best movies.  I think it slightly edges out the first.   The action is crisp and you're immersed into the NYC of the mid-1990s.  It's loaded with fantastic actors.  

If they would have used what's known today as the "alternate ending", it would have been the top one by the country mile.  

Yeah what makes it a classic for me is the NYC filming locations right before the city kinda has the gentrified feel today.  Imo.  Also right before the cell phone era as well 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.