What is Left Wing/Right Wing?

This is right wing now:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/06/politics/nationalism-conservatism-what-matters/index.html

"So what is a nationalist and what is a conservative? And does it matter if we use these terms interchangeably? 

First, a quick definition: When academics use “nationalism” by itself, it’s the concept that some kind of identity matters more than philosophy. That can be a place, an ethnicity or a religion. In current US politics, we typically see that identity with Christian nationalism or White nationalism."

Edited by redtail hawk

On 3/20/2022 at 5:12 PM, JaCrispy said:

Granted, I will concede 100 year old comparisons may not be the best argument...

However, the same arguments are being used today, by elitists on both sides of the political aisle, but mainly from the Left...

These are modern college educated white people...listen to what they say about black people...And then listen to how shocked black people are, to hear how they are viewed...

This is the type of covert, subtle racism, born out of 20th century Leftist Progressivism, that I am talking about...This is the kind that seeks to keep black people with a lowered mental perception of themselves, to control them imo...

Clicked on the thread and this was the first post it took me to because I guess I haven't clicked it since.  Perfectly sums-up most libs.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 3:26 PM, redtail hawk said:

This is right wing now:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/06/politics/nationalism-conservatism-what-matters/index.html

"So what is a nationalist and what is a conservative? And does it matter if we use these terms interchangeably? 

First, a quick definition: When academics use “nationalism” by itself, it’s the concept that some kind of identity matters more than philosophy. That can be a place, an ethnicity or a religion. In current US politics, we typically see that identity with Christian nationalism or White nationalism."

I don’t understand why this is even open to interpretation the leading money getter for the GOP Marley Taylor Greene has basically said that she is a white Christian nationalist and where is it like a badge of courage

The runner up in stupid for the GOP. Lauren Boebert has said that the church should be in charge of the state

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I wasn’t aware that someone’s fitness was political

Me neither, until the radical Left decided physical fitness was some sort of white supremacy…

I know- very strange…It’s like they are the “bizarro world” to everything normal…They are the contrarian for contrarian sake…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...