Allen's rookie year

cage

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Even then you knew Josh had it.....

It was certainly looking bright at that time. I remember back then thinking to myself, "I want to see this kid with WR's that can catch and run routes worth a ***** with at least an average OL blocking for him"....

But yeah, if you didn't know if he had it quite yet, that Vikings game made many start to believe at that point

I went tot he game the next week in Green Bay and it was atrocious sitting in the stands.  Allen had zero time and could not hit the broad side of a barn that day.  He was inconsistent that year to say the least and his team was terrible.

Edited by 13 Second Prevent Defense

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What a smug douche.  I wouldn't even care if Allen wasn't part of the conversation.  I wish Kiper had bitchslapped him.

The funny part is Allen is the only QB in the conversation now when revisiting.  Sure Tua is still in Miami but that looks like an "end of discussion" point.

• Agree 1

My favorite play in Allen’s rookie year was against the Chargers in his first start when, on a scramble toward the sideline and with Melvin Ingram draped all over him, he refused to be tackled and got the throw off to the end zone before he went out of bounds. It was an interception, but it told me all I needed know about his heart, not to mention his sheer physical strength. And I was convinced that when his brain caught up to his heart, he’d turn into a great one. 

And here we are. 

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I could not believe how incredible his pocket sensing ability was right from the start. A major ingredient to great quarterbacking and something the draftniks never keyed on. He has eyes in back of his head. He’s basically great at everything you can ask a quarterback to do.  

There were plenty of scouts who said Allens ability to escape pressure and extend plays outside the pocket was elite coming out 

It was a lot of the other inconsistencies that people were skeptical about

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.