Diggs on why Josh Allen is QB #1 in league - very good analysis by Diggs IMHO

CorkScrewHill

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I can take an argument for Mahomes. I think he and Josh are neck and neck. Allen caught up ground this year while Pat had the first "down" year of his career. 

But Allen is at worst top 2. 

I'm still waiting for the Allen vs Mahomes Goliath arm throwing contest.  Allen will win that and that will cement it for me.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I can take an argument for Mahomes. I think he and Josh are neck and neck. Allen caught up ground this year while Pat had the first "down" year of his career. 

But Allen is at worst top 2. 

I honestly think because of what Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes each bring to the table they are 1a and 1b.  The athleticism is insane in both of them.  You can put them in whatever order you want.  

28 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

What scares other teams most right now is that Allen was really putting it all together and actually showing how unbelievable he really can be when he’s clicking on 18 cylinders.  The promise of what Josh Allen the project could become is now suddenly Josh Allen the reality.  

Most accurate thing I've read in a while. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dhgold said:

When he's not reminding me of Elway, JA sometimes reminds me of Cam Newton whose rushing attempts through four years are quite comparable to Josh's. While I foresee Josh having a better career than Cam's (JA's intangibles strike me as very good while Cam's were his Achilles heel), sometimes when I watch JA take unnecessary hits, the way Cam's body broke down and his career collapsed comes to mind.

If you go back and look at Cam's career he took way more shots than Josh, there were games where he was taking hard hits all game long. One of the reasons was he took too long to process defenses if his first option wasn't open, holding on to the ball for too long and then he would just get creamed by multiple defenders. For the most part Josh either finds his 2nd or 3rd option or escapes the rush.

I remember them playing us in Buffalo, probably around 2013-14, and he was taking some serious shots. He got sacked a bunch of times and IIRC Mario Williams went off and had something like 4 or 5 sacks in that game. My bet is Cam got sacked quite a bit more than Josh has and that doesn't include the QB hits he was taking that Josh seems to escape from.

Cam was taking so many hard hits and ones that were seen as questionable that he started calling out the NFL for it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/30/cam-newton-wants-to-talk-to-roger-goodell-about-horsecrap-hits/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/27/cam-newton-ed-hochuli-said-hes-not-old-enough-to-get-call/

Some retired athletes had their opinion...

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/23106/former-panther-kevin-greene-cam-newton-needs-to-pony-up-and-stop-complaining

Not all runs and hits in the pocket are equal and athletes bodies seem to be "put together" differently. Some can take punishment and they're fine, while others seem to breakdown much quicker.

15 hours ago, TAinLA said:

I'm still waiting for the Allen vs Mahomes Goliath arm throwing contest.  Allen will win that and that will cement it for me.

In our eyes,  Allen is already the best QB in the league and the best ever QB to don the Buffalo Bills Uniform.   The only thing he needs to deliver is that Lombardi Trophy for the City of Buffalo and its fans.  Recently watched his interview with Charissa and it. got some tears down when JA17 describe what it would mean for him to bring the prized trophy to this town

The best quote>.    I want to be Josh Allen !!!

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.