2022 Mid-Terms - All Races, Polls, and Russian Interference

Big Blitz

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

midterms.jpg

Major Narrative Shift Occurs on Fetterman's Health, Press Rush to Circle the Wagons

15fec1b8-aa8f-4038-a993-b2db18624827-860

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/12/major-narrative-shift-occurs-on-fettermans-health-press-rush-to-circle-the-wagons-n641955

The best excuse I heard is that maybe the interviewer is just not good at small talk.

• Haha (+1) 1

Biden asked the Saudi's to hold off on production cuts until after the mid-terms in order to help the Democrats retain control of Congress in exchange for not pursuing detrimental actions against the Kingdom.  MBS said no to the threats.  So now there is action to legislate punishment.  A quid pro quo deal.  Something I recall Trump was impeached by the House for allegedly pursuing.  Of course Biden's cast of boot lickers here will not recognize or admit to the comparison.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Herschel Walker Shocks His Critics at Debate With Raphael Warnock, Resets the Race in Georgia

966418ac-49ad-4cea-9e8f-19a52695f207-860

The running assumption for the month leading up to the event has been simple: Walker would be lucky to get out alive, and absolutely no one was entertaining the possibility that he could excel.

In a shocking twist, though, that’s exactly what Walker did. It wasn’t a perfect performance, but far from bombing, people are actually suggesting that the Republican candidate may have won the debate. That’s a far cry from the predictions of total meltdown being made just prior to showtime.

We’ll go through some of the highlights and then I’ll give my thoughts on where I think this leaves the race. But first, if you want to know how well Walker did, here’s a columnist from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a leftwing outlet, giving her thoughts.

You know he did what he needed to do when someone who writes for the AJC and The Daily Beast can only muster up that “some of those answers won’t play well, but no catastrophes.”

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/14/herschel-walker-shocks-his-critics-at-debate-with-raphael-warnock-n643384

More on the above:

$2 trillion vote-buying flop: Suddenly Democrats don't want to talk about the American Rescue Plan- NYT

FTA:

Liberal activists are particularly troubled that Democratic candidates are not focusing more on the payments to families.

[The payments were popular until (a) the money got spent and (b) the bill came due on the profligate spending. It didn’t take long for people to grasp what an idiotic policy it was to stimulate demand in a supply crisis, nor to recognize that Joe Biden and Democrats still haven’t any plan to deal with either. That’s why they’re not talking about it on the campaign trail, and why they’re attempting to distract voters on abortion and Trump. — Ed]

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/10/16/2-trillion-vote-buying-flop-suddenly-dems-dont-want-to-talk-about-the-american-rescue-plan-n503661

• Shocked 1

"Rather than Warnock trying to make Walker answer for his alliance with the former president, Walker insisted that Warnock defend his with the current one..."

... a dynamic that doesn’t exactly track with media coverage of the midterms.

We keep wondering how much Trump will wound Republican candidates. Warnock seemed plenty worried about how much Biden would wound him. So when he was asked whether Biden should run again in 2024, Warnock conspicuously dodged the question. 'I think that part of the problem with our politics right now is that it’s become too much about the politicians,' he said. 'You’re asking me who’s going to run in ’24? The people of Georgia get to decide who’s going to be their senator in three days'"

Writes Frank Bruni in "Why Herschel Walker May Win" (NYT).

It's funny that Bruni expects the "dynamic" to "track with media coverage of the midterms."

The media don't have that kind of control anymore. But they try so hard. 

Click for more » https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/16/opinion/warnock-herschel-walker-debate.html?smid=url-share