Giants are hiring Don "Wink" Martindale as their DC

Greg S

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This enhances that James Bradberry conversation. He is a zone corner, for the most part. If he was on the "possible cuts" list already, I think this moves the needle closer to cut. 

I'd love Bradberry as a replacement for Levi but he'd cost too much against the cap.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd love Bradberry as a replacement for Levi but he'd cost too much against the cap.

Yes, if we trade for him (unless we re-negotiate as part of the trade)

$13.4M salary

But if he's cut and we make him an offer, what would he get on the open market? 

OTC has him valued at $6.8M

Spotrac says $12.4M

He had 4 INT and 17 passes defensed last season

Wallace had 2 INT and 10 passes defensed

(of course these two stats don't show anything like the whole picture)

Oh, heheheh for those who don't know...tieing threads together....he was drafted in 2016 by Carolina

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, if we trade for him (unless we re-negotiate as part of the trade)

$13.4M salary

But if he's cut and we make him an offer, what would he get on the open market? 

OTC has him valued at $6.8M

Spotrac says $12.4M

He had 4 INT and 17 passes defensed last season

Wallace had 2 INT and 10 passes defensed

(of course these two stats don't show anything like the whole picture)

Oh, heheheh for those who don't know...tieing threads together....he was drafted in 2016 by Carolina

To me Bradberry a #1 CB maybe not shutdown like Tre but still a great guy. As a number 2 our secondary easily the best in the league.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

To me Bradberry a #1 CB maybe not shutdown like Tre but still a great guy. As a number 2 our secondary easily the best in the league.

So I just looked it up.  OTC has Wallace valued at $8.6M vs $6.8M for Bradberry.  Spotrac has it the other way around, with Wallace at $9.6M and Bradberry $12.4.

Any idea why the discrepency?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I just looked it up.  OTC has Wallace valued at $8.6M vs $6.8M for Bradberry.  Spotrac has it the other way around, with Wallace at $9.6M and Bradberry $12.4.

Any idea why the discrepency?

I'm sure Levi being younger and the Bills success makes him look like a better option to some, not me.

19 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Love this move for Schoen and Daboll and it shows they are looking to run the exact opposite type of defense in NY than in Buffalo.

Obviously it will only work if they have the right players in the front seven and still think this might be the best opportunity to trade Edmunds assuming they want him.

Great idea , especially if they want to move him outside where he belongs. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was fired with a year left on his contract. Defense was abysmal. He didn't adjust when he lost a lot of players in the back end to injury. He still called lots of blitzes and got burned for it. 

Thats a bad sign for a coach, its one thing to play your defense but not make adjustments is just stupid and outdated. The NFL is nothing but match ups and adjustments anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.