Isnt football amazing

Steptide

31 minutes ago, Success said:

That was probably my worst fear after the game, amongst all of the emotions - that 13 seconds would be "wide right" for other fanbases.

But I can't really recall a game where there was such an outpouring of respect and admiration from the NFL world, and true well wishes that the Bills & Josh would get to the SB soon.  Except for Patriots fans, who always seem to be salty & sad.

I've seen the same. 

To cope on Monday I went to other team's forums and read their game threads. People were BLOWN AWAY by Allen. 

The moment the NFL world decided this was one of the greatest games ever was not 13 seconds, but the 4th TD to Davis. That's when everybody's head exploded and Josh became a living legend and one of the top 2 QBs in the game. 

The other narrative is "I feel terrible for Bills fans" which is much better than the mockery and scorn during the drought. 

• Like (+1) 1

I used to agonize over any Bills loss.  Replay moments of the game in my head and it would take a few days to work it out.  Sunday's game was rough no doubt but I have already flushed it.  I'm not happy about it but in the grand scheme of things I had nothing to do with it and there are far more important things in my life.

Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL imo.  They need to build a better team around him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I feel for Frazier. He was a lock for a second shot at a HC job. I would have liked to see him go back to Chicago where he played with our blessing instead of seeing him embarrassed. 

Based on press conferences we know the only person not at fault for this was our head coach.  So we have that going for us. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Not caring what other teams do helps me, in my mind football season is over. I’m on to the off-season now. 

When we weren't good I wasn't like that. I had to devour every single game I could. Def didn't miss a playoff game.

But last year and this year hurt. Last year SB, I begrudgingly watched. Some kinda trauma barrier I put up, convinced myself footballs really stupid... GROWN MEN? PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR A LIVING? SILLY AF. needless to say that didn't last.

Its Thursday, I think I'll watch some of the games I think, but I'm def not excited. Doesn't help that I think 9ers Bungals are gunna be down 2 scores before halftime.

Chiefs Rams would be a good SB. Still a long way away. Hopefully I'll be able to get excited about it

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

hqdefault.jpg

Great OP and lots of good comments.   This is classic.  I had forgotten all about Marv's ad.   That was painful, too. 

I loved the OP, because I'm the same.   I get better every day, but I haven't recovered yet.  The game comes into my head, and I just try not to think about it.   Unless I just think about what an incredibly great game it was.   All-time great.   

I'm still a little numb, and I haven't gotten used to the fact yet that there's no more Bills football left.   I barely know who's playing this weekend, I don't know when the games are on, and if I miss the games, I feel like I wouldn't care.   

It's really tough, recovering from this one.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One of the worst feelings as a fan is not necessarily the heartbreaking loss—though yes, that's pretty bad—it's when you experience the one loss during the season that signals to everyone that, once again, and definitively, the drafted QB, or head coach hire, or GM just isn't good enough to get the job done anymore. You know you're staring at yet another long-term QB project, or another head coach hire, or a new GM and rebuild, that's going to take years before you know again if they picked the right guys. After 17 straight years of that, I couldn't take it. I hated feeling that same sense of hopelessness and having to watch a years-long process start all over again.

It sucks bad that we missed a golden opportunity this year, but with Allen and McBeane, I feel like we're just going to reload and give it another great shot next year, and for many years after. That's a pretty good feeling, all things considered.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.