NFL in LA

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals have a new stadium, and the Cards are building one.

329079[/snapback]

How does Arizona get a new stadium when over the past 4 seasons they've averaged between 36,000-38,000 fans per game? Are they building some sort of intimate 40,000 seat stadium?

I swear on all that is sacred. If they move

this team out of Buffalo I will never watch an

NFL game again.

329043[/snapback]

Third that! Just like when the Braves moved out of Buffalo, I never watched another NBA game again.

As far as the Bills are concerned, once the lease expires or gets close to the end, and if R Wilson is dead....................lets just say we move up the list

We'll get on the list in a hurry once the JP 3-13 debacle begins. The Ralph will drop to 30,000 and the vultures will begin to circle. :lol:

328969[/snapback]

So, I guess you are not one of these "the glass is half full" kind of guys? :lol:

How did the Braves do attendance wise while they were here? Was it reasonable that they moved at all?

It must be somewhat statisfying for the former fans how terrible the former Braves, now Clippers, have become.

329541[/snapback]

The Braves had a solid following until the ownership change and resulting swap meet of star players. The NBA screwed Buffalo. I listened to, watched and attended Braves games. After the demise, I also never followed pro basketball again.

Check out this site for a brief review of the Braves history. Pay close attention to the references to the years 76-77 and 77-78.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/buffalo/bufbraves.html

We'll get on the list in a hurry once the JP 3-13 debacle begins. The Ralph will drop to 30,000 and the vultures will begin to circle. :lol:

328969[/snapback]

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind a 3-13 season. If JP is sub-mediocre this season his performance will be equal to that of Drew. Based upon the facts, your argument has no merit.

If you want to idolize Bledsoe that's fine, build a shrine to him in your basement.

The Braves had a solid following until the ownership change and resulting swap meet of star players.  The NBA screwed Buffalo.

329609[/snapback]

'Zactly. Bob McAdoo for John freakin' Gianelli?!?!!?!

:shaking head in disbelief:

We'll get on the list in a hurry once the JP 3-13 debacle begins. The Ralph will drop to 30,000 and the vultures will begin to circle. 0:)

328969[/snapback]

yawn

(okay, but LA better be prepared for half of WNY to migrate with the

team. Look for lots of houses to go up with pink Flamingoes, and

Our Lady of The Bathtub Concrete thing, in every yard.)

329069[/snapback]

i considered it...then visited the area the last week of april...

i sat in traffic for an hour and a half to go 20 miles during rush hour

then i visited the house of my future in-laws which is about the same size as my house in rochester (might even be smaller than my house) and found out it costs 400k more than my house (my house is worth 107k, theirs is worth 500k)

nice weather, nice scenery, but no thanks...plus, leaving NYS to go to an area where the government is just as retarded as the NYS gov just doesn't seem right

The Cardinals move into a new stadium next year, so scratch them off the list of candidates. The Colts, I believe, have the funding necessary for a new stadium? Don't they have the green light to start that project?

So, Minnesota, San Diego and New Orleans are up in the air on new stadium projects.

Fan attendance last year...

Bills:574,399

Packers: 564,400

Ravens: 558,594

Patriots: 550,048

Eagles: 540,870

Raiders: 518,271

Dallas: 510,892 (america's team)

Steelers: 507,385

Colts: 456,791

Raiders: 405,936

329100[/snapback]

Christ, everyone should look at that full list and check out Arizona. Not only have they finished dead last for 4 straight years (at least, could be more), but the raw #s are staggering. I knew it was bad, but........ 0:)

lest you forget, we had a 3-13 debacle only 4 short years ago.  the sky hasn't fallen yet.  i have faith that ralph will do everything he can reasonably do to keep the bills in buffalo.

329086[/snapback]

That was only a few years removed from the midget saving the team.

0:)

Christ, everyone should look at that full list and check out Arizona. Not only have they finished dead last for 4 straight years (at least, could be more), but the raw #s are staggering. I knew it was bad, but........ 0:)

329858[/snapback]

To boot... They are the oldest NFL franchise and have a total of 8 playoff appearances!

:lol:

It's been a full 10 years since Los Angeles had an NFL team. And they don't seem to miss it very much.

I think that if LA would have received a team, one would have moved by now. Many there would rather go see USC try to win a third consecutive national title.

If the good people (and I use that term loosely :lol: ) of Southern California want NFL football so bad, go 2 hours down I-5 to see the Chargers.

Hmmm...the Bills play in San Diego on November 20. That's about the time we'll see the conspiracy theorists again. 0:)

Mike

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind a 3-13 season.  If JP is sub-mediocre this season his performance will be equal to that of Drew.  Based upon the facts, your argument has no merit.

If you want to idolize Bledsoe that's fine, build a shrine to him in your basement.

329711[/snapback]

I'm not idolizing Drew. I idolize experience and JP has none. This is a disaster any knowledgable fan can see from miles away. Buffalo does not have the luxury of throwing seasons away to find out they have another physically gifted mentally challenged tool back there. 0:)

I'm not idolizing Drew.  I idolize experience and JP has none.  This is a disaster any knowledgable fan can see from miles away.  Buffalo does not have the luxury of throwing seasons away to find out they have another physically gifted mentally challenged tool back there. 0:)

329916[/snapback]

You know what? Kordell Stewart is experienced and he SUCKS.

Experience don't mean shiat when you're not gittin' 'er done.