Chief Fans Make Donations to Childrens Hospital

BuffaloBillyG

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its more you guys didn't actually read the full story.  The $13 was originally to go to MAHOMES charity.  Bills fans would have done the same for Allens charity if the role was reversed.  

BUT...the person who started this suggestion noticed that Bills Mafia often does this thing for opponents charities in their home towns, so he decided that was awesome and wanted to do the same here for Josh Allen after his unbelievable performance giving the fans and NFL one of the best games anyone has ever seen.  

He openly admitted it didn't dawn on him to then change the $13 to $17 instead and wished he would have.  But the $13 was never intended to be a sign of disrespect, it was originally chosen to honor Mahomes for Mahomes own charity.

So, no disrespect, but there is nothing bad about this at all.  It wasn't intended to be a jab, they literally said many times how they respect Bills Mafia and the absolutely sensational performance by Allen, and its because of that they gave to Allens favorite charity instead of their own hero Mahomes.  To take it any other way is misguided IMHO.

That is a pretty deep back story, and even the originator of the concept concedes how the $13 would be misconstrued.  But people eff up all the time, in fact, I make my living off of it.  So I'm cool with this now.  Thanks for explaining.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.