Should we have tackled their WR’s?

Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

No tre hurt us, not squibbing or a sky kick to the 5 and just rushing 3 would have done it

the clock on KO doesn’t start till it’s touched my receiving team.  A returner can fair catch a KO at the 5 and it goes to the 25.  You need a squib kick off the ground in the field.

Mahomes only had 13 seconds. He can scramble around on a long play looking fir someone but the clock still is running.

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Take the five yard penalty and make them try a Hal Mary with less than five seconds left.  This game was sickening.

that would take a creative DC.  

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

the clock on KO doesn’t start till it’s touched my receiving team.  A returner can fair catch a KO at the 5 and it goes to the 25.  You need a squib kick off the ground in the field.

Mahomes only had 13 seconds. He can scramble around on a long play looking fir someone but the clock still is running.

you fair catch at the 5 and get it at the 25?  that's new to me, although I've never seen it happen.  Explains squib kicks.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's illegal now, 15 yards and time back on the clock

Would have to do it subtly 

I think you can do it once, but if you do it twice then the 15 yrds and restored clock comes into play.

7 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

He could scramble away for 20 yards too, the cushion we gave was inexcusable

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

You can do that in college, but not the nfl.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He could scramble away for 20 yards too, the cushion we gave was inexcusable

The cushion there wasn’t the problem.  They needed to go 40 yards down the field to get into FZg range. Those are two 30 yard plays.  

Thry have all their TOS so the pass can be anywhere.  

they can throw a 5 yard pass off the line snd complete  but you pursue and tackle.  He’s trying to do 2 6 second plays.  You defend the 10-25 yard range.  You try to contain the player to burn more time without losing the tackle.

he’s throwing in 4 seconds.  You likely aren’t going to get to him in 4 seconds

Edited by djp14150

2 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

The cushion there wasn’t the problem.  They needed to go 40 yards down the field to get into FZg range. Those are two 30 yard plays.  

Thry have all their TOS so the pass can be anywhere.  

they can throw a 5 yard pass off the line snd complete  but you pursue and tackle.  He’s trying to do 2 6 second plays.  You defend the 10-25 yard range.  You try to contain the player to burn more time without losing the tackle.

he’s throwing in 4 seconds.  You likely aren’t going to get to him in 4 seconds

These are problems....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

They drop 11 in pass coverage forcing mahomes to burn the clock.

you spy mahomes and double cover each receiver

There are so many ways to kill 13 seconds.  This is one of them.  Holding is another.  Straight up defense instead of the prevent crap they put out there.  So many ways to get the job done and our coaching staff was clueless and did the worst possible thing they could.

Edited by sven233

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.