Why does our defense get so much flak for the opponents faced and not the Chiefs?

streetkings01

45 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

What high powered offense has the Chiefs shut down since that last Bills game?

The only 2 elite QB’s they faced were Herbert and Burrow and they torched the Chiefs defense. Hurts threw for close to 400 yards …..I’m not sold on the Chiefs defense at all. I think their the same defense we faced earlier in the year just with the benefit of playing some bad QBs.

When discussing the Bills defense this season, should people not mention that high powered running teams shredded right through us?  Taylor had 5 Td's , Harris and Henry 3 TD's. It's a legitimate point of discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I live in KC and can say you are correct:  all the sports talk in KC is about the Bills not having beat anyone and how Allen is not better than Mahomes. How the defense should be really ranked maybe 13ish in the NFL and not #1 bc they havent played against great QBs. How all the pressure is on the Bills bc all they worked on in the offseason was to beat the chiefs while the chiefs worked to win a SB. Its nonstop. Those are the themes. Its nauseating. 

I live in Boston….sounds familiar

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I wanted to call in and say three words and hang up:  WE. BEAT. YOU. 

No they dont highlight who they beat. All they go on to say is how theyre the team to beat bc theyve been there already. They have Mahomes and they have a shot to go to their 4th straight AFC championship game.

What really grinds my gears is how people here view the Chiefs like a dynasty when theyre not. They view themselves as the Brady led Pats. They have completely lost their minds in this city. 

well 4 straight is the start of a dynasty 

Marino and Kelly 

Dan was always spoken of as the better QB with a lightning quick release 

yet the Bills beat them regularly in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

When discussing the Bills defense this season, should people not mention that high powered running teams shredded right through us?  Taylor had 5 Td's , Harris and Henry 3 TD's. It's a legitimate point of discussion.

so why didn’t NE do it again in the other 2 losses to the Bills?

Fluke games happen

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Its a legitimate discussion yet despite those shreddings, they still finished with the best defense. 

Good thing KC isnt a high powered running team. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

What high powered offense has the Chiefs shut down since that last Bills game?

The only 2 elite QB’s they faced were Herbert and Burrow and they torched the Chiefs defense. Hurts threw for close to 400 yards …..I’m not sold on the Chiefs defense at all. I think their the same defense we faced earlier in the year just with the benefit of playing some bad QBs.

Is anyone talking about the Chiefs defense being good?

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Marino and Kelly 

Fluke games happen

You have to win more than 1 super bowl to have a dynasty. They literally said Mahomes is the face of the NFL and compared him to Michael Jordan of the NFL. Im not making this up. That was said by the sports talk guys. Its hysteria. 

Some in the media have a hard on for the Bills and can't stand that a small market team without star Pro Bowlers is doing well. And, they have a QB who made some bad texts with bad words when he was an adolescent. Also, he wasn't supposed to be good because we said he wasn't going to be. That sum it.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Just about every substantive evaluation I have read or watched regarding the Bills defense has talked about struggles they have had at times vs the run…

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

9 of 17 games we held the teams top rusher to under 50 yards rushing. 5 of 17 games the single rusher rushed for over 100 yards.  The Bills bad run defense was more overblown than the Chiefs elite defense.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Marino and Kelly 

Fluke games happen

We got destroyed by 3 top running games this season. I don't think 3 games constitutes a fluke. We weren't good then, we're better now.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just about every substantive evaluation I have read or watched regarding the Bills defense has talked about struggles they have had at times vs the run…

and they should. A proper evaluation wouldn't leave out those games.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

9 of 17 games we held the teams top rusher to under 50 yards rushing. 5 of 17 games the single rusher rushed for over 100 yards.  The Bills bad run defense was more overblown than the Chiefs elite defense.

I don't think anyone is saying we have a bad run defense, but the defense has been dominated by good running teams.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and they should. A proper evaluation wouldn't leave out those games.

I don't think anyone is saying we have a bad run defense, but the defense has been dominated by good running teams.

Outside of the Colts game we still had a chance to win those games in the final possession against those elite running offenses.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

You have to win more than 1 super bowl to have a dynasty. They literally said Mahomes is the face of the NFL and compared him to Michael Jordan of the NFL. Im not making this up. That was said by the sports talk guys. Its hysteria. 

lol. I heard that when Josh beats Mahomey he (being JA) will be the face of the NFL

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

There are so many 'pundit's out there commenting on the league. You will get all kinds of opinions. The fact that so many Bills fans get bent so out of shape when some of them don't think exactly the way you want them to is ridiculous. Such thin skin on so many fans.  I just watched a 10 minute clip of Chris Sims and Florio and the praise for Allen was almost over the top. Both picked the Bills to win btw.

Just enjoy being in the playoffs, this has been such an enjoyable week. I haven't paid much attention to pundits and just kept an eye on injury and weather reports.

This is supposed to be a fun time. We have a great team in the greatest sport, might have the most dynamic QB in this generation. Relax and enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Outside of the Colts game we still had a chance to win those games in the final possession against those elite running offenses.

That's right. But teams still ran over us. We are a really competitive team, even when not at our best.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I don’t recall anyone saying those games shouldn’t be included. Not sure what your point is…

i'm in agreement with your post, my comment is directed at those getting upset when sports personalities mention the bad games we've had.

15 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Who has said the chiefs have an elite defense?

16 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, there has been a lot of talk about how the Chiefs’ defense has been very good the last 10 weeks or so

I haven’t seen that. I’ve just seen that they’ve figured things out and gotten a lot better than historically terrible 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.