[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!  0:)

339817[/snapback]

I thought that was a perfect set-up episode for the finale. They gave us a lot of answers to some of the bigger questions but not enough to ruin it.

I was hoping for more action though. But I enjoyed it.

They signed for 2 more full seasons with ABC. And next year there won't be the long delays between new episodes supposedly.

339663[/snapback]

I would assume that the delays were caused by the uncertain fate of the show, which shouldn't be an issue now.

This show is awesome! I've been watching since day 1, and it keeps on getting more interesting....

Wow...this episode was incredibly sad.

Looks like next week is going to give us plenty to think about.

339840[/snapback]

Well said.

Need to digest it overnight, and will happily provide my thoughts tomorrow morning.

One more week of Lost...now THAT'S sad. 0:)

My wife said she was watching one of the morning shows before she went to work. The folks who are making Lost said it was outer space Aliens who control the island and that is who is coming. I guess she was saying that is what next season will be based on.

Not sure if my wife is !@#$ing with my mind or she really heard that. Just thought you might like to know what the producers are publicly saying.

I would assume that the delays were caused by the uncertain fate of the show, which shouldn't be an issue now.

This show is awesome! I've been watching since day 1, and it keeps on getting more interesting....

339833[/snapback]

Actually, delays in getting episodes into the can are often caused by post-production problems (or injuries to the stars that preclude filming, which is ultimately what killed Moonlighting prematurely.) And given the complexity of the show (specifically, I'm thinking what must go into the editing, mixing the current with the back story in ways that give little away) and the live music, post-production must be a B word.

Actually, delays in getting episodes into the can are often caused by post-production problems (or injuries to the stars that preclude filming, which is ultimately what killed Moonlighting prematurely.)  And given the complexity of the show (specifically, I'm thinking what must go into the editing, mixing the current with the back story in ways that give little away) and the live music, post-production must be a B word.

339889[/snapback]

True, but isn't it pretty much a fact that many of the delays were caused because the show suddenly became a hit, and they had to film quickly. Of course, that would likely cause production delays as well, etc. This first season started in March of 2004...

ALSO:  0:)

339849[/snapback]

Well, that was a surprising twist, wasn't it? And it sure did look like a pirate ship. Interesting.

OK...here are a couple thoughts from last night.

I agree with an earlier post...we were bombarded with new info last night. Some loose ends were finally tied up (Kate and the plane, Sawyer and Jack's dad).

I like the Jack - Sawyer exchange...glad those guys have come together. The Sun - Jin reconciliation was very moving as well. Walt giving Vincent to Shannon was a great scene...though after I saw what she did to Sayid at the airport, I'm hoping she becomes a casualty of the others. :doh:

Leslie Artz...the science teacher...new character to be built on next season...or a violent death in the struggle with the others next week?

It almost seems too obvious that Danielle takes the baby next week, and that she is actually one of the others. I sort of hope it doesn't play out that way. That would be predictable (I was wondering last night if Danielle was leading them into a trap), and this show has been anything but predictable.

Regarding alien slant...it would make sense given the fact that the hatch is such an anomalie, but again, I hope we don't go down that road.

Lastly, here's a big guess at one of next seasons plot lines...the raft will run aground on the other side of the island, where...another group of survivors from the plane crash are residing, specifically those from the back of the plane...including that hottie Jack met in the airport bar. In addition, the rafters will suddenly realize that this other group of survivors are living an almost parallel existence when compared to their own group. There will be a strong leader (like Jack), and hot and tough female lead (the girl Jack met at the airport), someone that is being manipulated by the island (ala Locke), and so on. Now, my question is this...will these two groups of survivors be pitted against each other by the island, or will Sawyer and the boys attempt to bring the two groups together to fight against "the others." Thoughts on this theorized plot line are appreciated.

The topic is LOST...discuss! :lol:

including that hottie Jack met in the airport bar. 

The topic is LOST...discuss!  0:)

339966[/snapback]

That hottie was Michelle Rodriguez. She was in SWAT and Resident Evil. She's a pretty big time actress and I was surprised she was doing a "guest spot" on the show. That leads me to believe that there could be another group of survivors.

I know you can't count on previews, but I thought I saw Sawyer helping the survivors escape "the others". I mean it looked as if he was right in the fray. So my big guess is that the raft doesn't make it pass next weeks episode. Amazing that Kate broke into that bank just for the little plane. That hot chick in the airport was the chick from SWAT the movie.

Man, that smoke reminded me of the movie"the Time Machine", the old one. Anyone remember that. When the smoke went up, the inhabitants went to the hole to die or something like that. Maybe someone else remembers better, I have not seen that movie for at least 30 years, but I think that smoke was supposed to bring that movie to our minds.

In trems of the Black Rock, most assuredly was a ship, not sure if pirate or not. This stuff been happening on that island for a long, long time is my guess. This just has to be some sort of Bermuda triangle thing going on.

This just has to be some sort of Bermuda triangle thing going on.

339984[/snapback]

I was just thinking that. Remember that the people in the plane that Locke and Boone found had Nicaraguan (sp?) money on them. That's too far to fly for a plane like that.

Lastly, here's a big guess at one of next seasons plot lines...the raft will run aground on the other side of the island, where...another group of survivors from the plane crash are residing, specifically those from the back of the plane...including that hottie Jack met in the airport bar.  In addition, the rafters will suddenly realize that this other group of survivors are living an almost parallel existence when compared to their own group.  There will be a strong leader (like Jack), and hot and tough female lead (the girl Jack met at the airport), someone that is being manipulated by the island (ala Locke), and so on.  Now, my question is this...will these two groups of survivors be pitted against each other by the island, or will Sawyer and the boys attempt to bring the two groups together to fight against "the others."  Thoughts on this theorized plot line are appreciated.

339966[/snapback]

Interesting, and this show has been so odd that it wouldnt surprise me. But I really think this is too far fetched, even for LOST. The parallel existence idea is what kills this for me. I like the idea of more survivors on the other side of the island, I'd even venture that they ahve their own beliefs on the island and refuse to go inland, or are afraid of a mountain, or something along those lines.

I was just thinking that.  Remember that the people in the plane that Locke and Boone found had Nicaraguan (sp?) money on them.  That's too far to fly for a plane like that.

339990[/snapback]

Just on another board, and the numbers thing is getting freakyer(is that a word).

Hurleys numbers and the numbers on the hatch are 4-8-15-16-23-42.

Now, we know from last night that Jack was in row 23 and that chick at the airport in row 42. Maybe all the people in those rows survived? Which means Roses husband is alive, which goes to the second set of survivors, which means we get to see that smoking hotie in wet Tee shirts next year.

YAAHOOO