Harrison Phillips: "who gives a **** if it's cold; let's just play football"

eball

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Besides the pass rushing honestly 

Kyle got us 10.5 sacks and a bunch of 5 sacks from the DT spot 

I don't think Harry will reach that in the pass rushing department

Lets not forget who Kyle had on that D-line 

12 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wish a lot of our fans had the same mentality...

TBF the fans aren't getting paid millions of dollars playing an elite sport with heated seats, torpedo heaters, physical adrenaline running around keeping them warm, etc.  They are in the stands standing still and paying to be there.

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

We're on a message board so we just hear it a lot more 

The bill sold 70,000 tickets for the game.. whatever reason people are trying to sell them is empty

70,000 Gave pegula their money 

What would be the reason then almighty smart one?  Don't give me vax status garbage.  People aren't buying 100+ $$ tickets to sell them for 10 bucks or wipe their rear with them.

11 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously I take nothing away from the great KW, hence the 'lite' designation.

But this is another guy I was dead wrong about but that's a good thing. Question now is if we are going to be able to keep him especially if Frazier gets a HC gig as expected and tries to poach this roster and/or someone else offers a huge deal that we simply can't match.

TBF you are pretty much wrong about everything you say on this board so... its a given.

14 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good for Harry, great attitude.

Everyone needs to pump the brakes on the Kyle comparisons tho. They aren't even close. Not even if just looking at Kyle's first 4 years.

Yep. Kyle was much better as a pass rusher than run stopper and was a and Harrison is a much better run stopper than pass rusher. They're two different types of DTs. They would play next to each other on a line. 

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good for Harry, great attitude.

Everyone needs to pump the brakes on the Kyle comparisons tho. They aren't even close. Not even if just looking at Kyle's first 4 years.

True statement.  Hopefully he continues to grow and gets to that point but man Kyle Williams was such a disruptor on that interior line.   

8 hours ago, Putin said:

Lets not forget who Kyle had on that D-line 

For a few years they had a ton of talent on that line with him but man there were a lot of years he was the only guy you had to gameplay for.  If he had Mario Williams and crew with him for longer he’d have damn near HOF type numbers imo.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yep. Kyle was much better as a pass rusher than run stopper and was a and Harrison is a much better run stopper than pass rusher. They're two different types of DTs. They would play next to each other on a line. 

He could do it all, at any position, in any scheme.

Looks like I deleted the bookmark after he retired, but I used to keep handy a link to an article by one of the Bills blogs (Billswire, BuffaloRumblings, etc) from back in 2012 or so. WBeck when we were changing DCs and schemes every season, even sometimes DURING the season.

They went through and broke down all the different DT roles Kyle had been asked to play, and showed how he was immediately successful in every single one of them.

Man, I cant believe I deleted that. Was a good article about Defenses in general. Let the Google search, begin!...

edit: Holy cow, I actually found it. Article from 2011. Good read on defensive schemes and Kyle.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.