Week 18, Jest v. Bills, 01/09/22 - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Daboll. Entering the game, we were top 5 in the league in scoring. Still managed 27 today. It's not just Josh. 

We won despite Dabollocks.  Refusal to use McKittrick, Motor in a Wildcat (WTF?!?!), no slants until late in the game, when the Jest were begging for it with 10 men on the LOS and 1 deep safety, all these and more.  Not one of his better called games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I have a hard time understanding how Daboll gets credit today when nearly everything we did well offensively was Allen off-script.

So, when a play doesn't go well, it's always Daboll's fault? I've seen players not making plays too. Especially over the last few weeks. From Diggs to Josh to Knox. Josh didn't look all that good today, so it's Daboll. 

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

So, when a play doesn't go well, it's always Daboll's fault? I've seen players not making plays too. Especially over the last few weeks. From Diggs to Josh to Knox. Josh didn't look all that good today, so it's Daboll. 

No. I am asking you why you want to credit Daboll for a tepid offensive performance that was only able to have success because of Allen’s ability to improvise.

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No. I am asking you why you want to credit Daboll for a tepid offensive performance that was only able to have success because of Allen’s ability to improvise.

Tepid? 27 points, over 420 yds of offense. 37 minutes of possession. Quit acting spoiled. And yes, Daboll had a hand in this game. Game ball.

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Tepid? 27 points, over 420 yds of offense. 37 minutes of possession. Quit acting spoiled. And yes, Daboll had a hand in this game. Game ball.

I don’t think it’s spoiled to expect more than our average offensive output against a very bad defense. 

And again, the majority of that output was Josh Allen, off script. 

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don’t think it’s spoiled to expect more than our average offensive output against a very bad defense. 

And again, the majority of that output was Josh Allen, off script. 

The wind and cold were huge factors.  I've been checking out Bills home games back during the 1988 - 1993 run and there were a lot of games where Kelly, Reed & Thomas could not generate consistent offense under bad weather conditions.

Bad weather compensates for talent differentials. Its always been that way in football.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh barely hangs on to his automatic game ball.  His play was poor yet again.  He needs to be better next week or we are one and done.

Allen "barely" hangs on to his game ball?  He had over 300 yards of total offense, 2 TD's and no TO's.  And he came up big when we needed it at the end of the first half and in the 4th quarter.  And he just missed adding 2 more TD's to his total with two excellent passes to Diggs & Davis in the end zone that missed by inches.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The wind and cold were huge factors.  I've been checking out Bills home games back during the 1988 - 1993 run and there were a lot of games where Kelly, Reed & Thomas could not generate consistent offense under bad weather conditions.

Bad weather compensates for talent differentials. Its always been that way in football.

Allen "barely" hangs on to his game ball?  He had over 300 yards of total offense, 2 TD's and no TO's.  And he came up big when we needed it at the end of the first half and in the 4th quarter.  And he just missed adding 2 more TD's to his total with two excellent passes to Diggs & Davis in the end zone that missed by inches.

Excellent passes don’t miss. He had plenty that led his receivers out of bounds and the TD to Diggs would have been upheld as a non-TD if the refs had called in properly as a no-catch on the field. And three in a row at one point that weren’t within 10 yards of his receivers.

I suppose it was the wind.

Your Allen bias shows through sir.

• Disagree 2

Just now, Rat-boy said:

Excellent passes don’t miss. He had plenty that led his receivers out of bounds and the TD to Diggs would have been upheld as a non-TD if the refs had called in properly as a no-catch on the field. And three in a row at one point that weren’t within 10 yards of his receivers.

I suppose it was the wind.

Your Allen bias shows through sir.

And your Allen hate is clear as day.  Do you actually expect every pass to be perfect and on the money?  Do you not see how the wind impacts these games? In the really bad weather games played at Rich Stadium has the opposing QB come close to matching Allen?  Completing 55% of his passes for 234 yards and 2 TD's with no TO's in these weather conditions is like throwing for 70% completion percentage and 334 yards and 4 TD's.

7 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Josh was off all night.  Many of his throws were off-target, or he wasn't on the same page with his receivers.  There were back to back plays where Knox broke out and Josh threw in, then Gabe broke off a route and Josh went long.  He got it together enough for the final drive, but if he plays like that next week, we're hitting the golf course.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We won despite Dabollocks.  Refusal to use McKittrick, Motor in a Wildcat (WTF?!?!), no slants until late in the game, when the Jest were begging for it with 10 men on the LOS and 1 deep safety, all these and more.  Not one of his better called games.

It was one his worst called games in Buffalo. He is struggling at the moment with meshing McDermott's desire for more running with Josh's need for the ball in his hands to get in rhythm. It isn't an easy task but Daboll was all over the place yesterday. We have lost out identity trying to face two ways. We should be the offense Josh wants to be IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.