2020 WR class revisited!

FireChans

This class shook out to be kinda weird:

Obviously of the first rounders, Ruggs is done. Jeudy is a disappointment due to health. Jefferson and Lamb have delivered. Aiyuk looked promising but had a weird drop off this year in the first 8 games or so. Reagor is likely a bust.

In the second rounders, Higgins is a great WR, Claypool looks good if not immature, Pittman, Van Jefferson and Shenault look like starters. 

But now to our guy. Gabe Davis is currently the 10th highest in his class for receiving yards and second in TD's, not bad for the 17th receiver off the board. He's also 10th in catches, which means he is likely impacted by fewer targets than a lot of the guys above him.

As it shakes out, Gabe may end up being one of the top 8 WR's in his class, probably outpaced by Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins and Claypool but right on their heels in the next group. He may end up being better than Jeudy if he doesn't get his body figured out.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a re-draft Jefferson would be first off the board with Lamb and Higgins 2nd and 3rd in some order. 

I thought Gabe was a steal in the 4th then and still do. He'd have gone 2nd round in a weaker class and he'd go 2nd round in a re-draft.

I really liked KJ Hamler in that draft, and I think you may have as well.  Unfortunately he may be another Goodwin. Great athlete but not built for NFL life.

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I really liked KJ Hamler in that draft, and I think you may have as well.  Unfortunately he may be another Goodwin. Great athlete but not built for NFL life.

He and jeudy are being held captive by the broncos QBs.  

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This class shook out to be kinda weird:

Obviously of the first rounders, Ruggs is done. Jeudy is a disappointment due to health. Jefferson and Lamb have delivered. Aiyuk looked promising but had a weird drop off this year in the first 8 games or so. Reagor is likely a bust.

In the second rounders, Higgins is a great WR, Claypool looks good if not immature, Pittman, Jefferson and Shenault look like starters. 

But now to our guy. Gabe Davis is currently the 10th highest in his class for receiving yards and second in TD's, not bad for the 17th receiver off the board. He's also 10th in catches, which means he is likely impacted by fewer targets than a lot of the guys above him.

As it shakes out, Gabe may end up being one of the top 8 WR's in his class, probably outpaced by Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins and Claypool but right on their heels in the next group. He may end up being better than Jeudy if he doesn't get his body figured out.

A lot of great WR talent.  The class lived up to its hype.  Before the horrific accident Ruggs has having a pretty good year.  I don’t think we’ve heard the last of Jeudy either.  

I’m really high on CeeDee Lamb as well.  Gave stacks up well to them and I’m expecting big things from him next year as he should be the unchallenged WR2

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a re-draft Jefferson would be first off the board with Lamb and Higgins 2nd and 3rd in some order. 

I thought Gabe was a steal in the 4th then and still do. He'd have gone 2nd round in a weaker class and he'd go 2nd round in a re-draft.

Here is the redraft:

Jefferson

Lamb

Pittman

Claypool

Aiyuk (Tie)

Gabe

Fill in the rest in any order

• Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gabe Davis was my most pleasant draft surprise in years. It was odd in the Covid era since we had no idea what to expect from camp, etc., but week one he was on the field and immediately impressed! The guy has great hands and toes! 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DrDare said:

No, Hes under fill in the rest, whats your fascination?

You should watch him play more.  If you did there’s no way you would say that claypool, gabe or Aiyuk are better.  He’s really good 

3 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Theres more than 1 Higgins, Im thinking about the guy on Cleveland

That explains it. Tee is a baller

2 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Theres more than 1 Higgins, Im thinking about the guy on Cleveland

Ah. That explains it. Rashad Higgins sucks. 

Tee Higgins has more yards than everyone in his class except Lamb and Jefferson and of his 141 NFL receptions.... 117 were for first downs or touchdowns. That is a staggering number. Clutch.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah. That explains it. Rashad Higgins sucks. 

Tee Higgins has more yards than everyone in his class except Lamb and Jefferson and of his 141 NFL receptions.... 117 were for first downs or touchdowns. That is a staggering number. Clutch.

I forgot about him, put Tee up there somewhere but not above Lamb still

Just now, DrDare said:

I forgot about him, put Tee up there somewhere but not above Lamb still

He is right there with Lamb IMO. There numbers are very, very similar through two years and both spent most of their rookie year playing with a backup Quarterback. I think Lamb has a more well rounded skill set and is the better natural route runner but Tee Higgins is already one of the top half dozen downfield outside receivers in the league. He is very like a young AJ Green in some ways. You are not gonna ask him to run a lot of option routes or come across the middle of the field a ton but you are gonna match him up on a corner outside and you are gonna throw him the football when you need a play and trust him to go get it for you. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.