Patriots-Bills is the most likely of all possible WC matchups to happen

BillsFan619

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Miami will lose this weekend or against the Patriots IMO. They aren’t winning out.

Bills will play either Pats or Colts IMO.

The Colts are likely the 5th seed (Best Wild Card record).   The Bills need to get the 3rd seed.

• Agree 1

I want to avoid the Colts. I will take anyone else and have the Bills as favourites. 

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Most likely 5,6,7 are the Pats, Colts, Fins, or Ravens 

Ironically all 4 aren’t dynamic and wanna shorten the game and grind out possessions and can’t really hurt you with their QBS

I think Buffalo gets the 3 seed as Cincy losing to the Chiefs 

So eliminate the Colts

I think the Fins win out so eliminate the Pats 

So it comes down to the Ravens or Fins

eliminate the Ravens as I think the Rams best them next weekend

I think wild card weekend it’s 

Cincy/Colts

Titans/Pats

and

Buffalo/Miami part 3 bring them on 

I can see that. If it works out that way I am taking Indy, New England and Buffalo.

That would mean Divisional Round:

Lowest seed: New England

@

Highest seed: Kansas City

Second lowest seed: Indianapolis

@

Second highest seed: Buffalo

Edited by GunnerBill

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I want to avoid the Colts. I will take anyone else and have the Bills as favourites. 

I can see that. If it works out that way I am taking Indy, New England and Buffalo.

@

@

In your model the Ravens (#7) will play the Titans (#2).  I am expecting the Titans to win that game and then host the lowest of remaining seeds which will be the Colts as they would have beaten the #4 seed (Bengals).   If above happens then we will play at the Titans while the Colts will go to Arrow head.    This would be a dream scenario if it folds like that as we will have a great shot to go to Arrowhead or host the Colts (after we beat the Titans)

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Miami will lose this weekend or against the Patriots IMO. They aren’t winning out.

Bills will play either Pats or Colts IMO.

You have two chances at being right 

The Titans are incredibly average right now and have looked downright bad in stretches and Miami has won 8 in a row

The last game of the year is in Miami for a playoff spot and for as much as the Bills love playing in South Florida…the opposite is true for the Pats as even in the Brady years the Fins gave them fits much less the Max Jones experience now 

So in my mind that puts the fins at 10-7 and good enough for the 6 spot meaning the Pats get in as the 7 and play the Titans 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@

@

I’ll take that as the titans seem primed to lose in the first round and Indy could easily beat a very young Bengals team 

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

In your model the Ravens (#7) will play the Titans (#2).  I am expecting the Titans to win that game and then host the lowest of remaining seeds which will be the Colts as they would have beaten the #4 seed (Bengals).   If above happens then we will play at the Titans while the Colts will go to Arrow head.    This would be a dream scenario if it folds like that as we will have a great shot to go to Arrowhead or host the Colts (after we beat the Titans)

Ravens didn't make it in my model!

Taylor can’t keep running like he has. It’s why the titans haven’t won even with tractorcito steam rolls people all year. Eventually their bodies can’t take it. Be great to play Miami first round, Indy in second after they use up Taylor and we cruise into the afc title game for revenge on the chiefs

14 hours ago, motorj said:

Colts already got their revenge playoff loss vs the bills earlier this season off their backs. I'm feelin the bills will crush the colts in their revenge game for earlier if they match up in the po

Another advantage of getting the 3rd seed is that you will then be able to host two home playoff games (assuming you win the 1st one).  4th seed guarantees only one playoff game and depends on #2 and/or #3 getting upset in WC weekend.

56 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Another advantage of getting the 3rd seed is that you will then be able to host two home playoff games (assuming you win the 1st one).  4th seed guarantees only one playoff game and depends on #2 and/or #3 getting upset in WC weekend.

You’re only guaranteed a second home playoff game if you’re the #2 seed.

A #3 seed would also need the #2 seed to lose for the #3 seed to host a second playoff game. This scenario can definitely happen though, it’s just not a guarantee.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

You’re only guaranteed a second home playoff game if you’re the #2 seed.

A #3 seed would also need the #2 seed to lose for the #3 seed to host a second playoff game. This scenario can definitely happen though, it’s just not a guarantee.

oh yeah...I forgot that the #1 gets to play a game after the WC weekend !!!!!  Thanks

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.