Cablelady Speaks & the Mods respond!

Tom

Can we un-pin the draft threads now?

They're kinda in the way.  :blink:

Holy Cow! When you say 'JUMP', the Mods say 'HOW HIGH'??????!

thats what he gets for talking to the refs.... he should know better.  :blink:

326528[/snapback]

He should talk to some offensive-minded coaches about a vacancy on his staff. His teams have always played good defense and have always relied on a streaky player (Starks in NY) and a big man (Ewing) to win games. McGrady is nice and all, but I miss Stevie Franchise, Cutty Mobley, and Kelvin Cato.

He should talk to some offensive-minded coaches about a vacancy on his staff.  His teams have always played good defense and have always relied on a streaky player (Starks in NY) and a big man (Ewing) to win games.  McGrady is nice and all, but I miss Stevie Franchise, Cutty Mobley, and Kelvin Cato.

326534[/snapback]

Being a Magic fan, you made out on that deal. Francis turns the ball over WAY too much, Cato is oft injured and rarely contributes, and Mobley was traded for Doug (can my wife play the point?) Christie. T-Mac is an unreal played, but he is being held back by Balki (Van Gundy).

Being a Magic fan, you made out on that deal.  Francis turns the ball over WAY too much, Cato is oft injured and rarely contributes, and Mobley was traded for Doug (can my wife play the point?) Christie.  T-Mac is an unreal played, but he is being held back by Balki (Van Gundy).

326725[/snapback]

My brother and I talked about that last weekend, and he thought I was nuts when I said I'd prefer the trade never happened. Maybe I'll feel better about the trade once Van Gundy is fired (hopefully soon?). I'm sick of the retread coaches they seem to prefer in Houston (the noticeable exception being Rudy T, who led the Rockets to back to back titles). Van Gundy pays no attention to developing a good offense. He's a good defensive-minded coach, but his offenses are pathetic. Considering McGrady's offensive abilities and Yao's potential (imagine if he didn't have to play basketball all year, thanks to the Chinese), this team could be much more explosive offensively.

My brother and I talked about that last weekend, and he thought I was nuts when I said I'd prefer the trade never happened.  Maybe I'll feel better about the trade once Van Gundy is fired (hopefully soon?).  I'm sick of the retread coaches they seem to prefer in Houston (the noticeable exception being Rudy T, who led the Rockets to back to back titles).  Van Gundy pays no attention to developing a good offense.  He's a good defensive-minded coach, but his offenses are pathetic.  Considering McGrady's offensive abilities and Yao's potential (imagine if he didn't have to play basketball all year, thanks to the Chinese), this team could be much more explosive offensively.

326732[/snapback]

The Rockets will be THE force of the west next season. As soon as they get a coach that utilizes the potential of the players. Juwan Howard is no scrub either, dude can average 10 and 10 a game, when healthy. I'll predict that they will still win their series.

Wow this is amazing! A thread about Cablelady and the mods turns into a discussion of a baskball trade.

Only on TBD  :w00t:

326757[/snapback]

You're right. This needs to go back to being all about one person.

Carry on.

Jeff Van Gundy is that you?

....don't say who is Jeff Van Gundy.

326522[/snapback]

Here's a worthless tidbit (so it should fit in pretty good): unbeknownst to me, Jeff Van Gundy played basketball at Nazareth College during my Senior Year (1984). I didn't buy it at first because, let's face it, Nazareth was not known for its basketball...but went to my annual, and there he was. With a bit more hair.

Here's a worthless tidbit (so it should fit in pretty good): unbeknownst to me, Jeff Van Gundy played basketball at Nazareth College during my Senior Year (1984). I didn't buy it at first because, let's face it, Nazareth was not known for its basketball...but went to my annual, and there he was. With a bit more hair.

326819[/snapback]

His brother Stan, coach of the Heat, is a Brockport State alum! :w00t:

I know exactly who he is: hopefully the next ex coach of the Rockets.

I'm trying to like Van Gundy simply because I like the Rockets.

But every time I see him all I can think about is that ridiculous shot of him bitin' on Zo Mourning's ankles.....