Child Tax Credit To End Without Manchin's Support

Tiberius

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But it's true though. "Stop the Steal" ha ha ha, can't believe idiots fell for that garbage 

Let me translate.  

I totally ***** up this thread so let me change the subject. 

Delete the damn thing and save what little face you have left. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe the parents should learn to code to get higher paying jobs so they can provide the financial resources to care for their own children instead of placing the burden on the taxpayers?  That's what the progressives told WV coal miners that their policies threw out of work.   

I have been trying to understand when it became the constitutional duty of the government to take care of your child? Do not breed if you cannot provide care and financial stability for your offspring. The government has no right to do so.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I have been trying to understand when it became the constitutional duty of the government to take care of your child? Do not breed if you cannot provide care and financial stability for your offspring. The government has no right to do so.

The government’s duty?   MY duty.   I have no children but you want ME to foot YOUR bills for YOUR children?   

I can't believe Romney is the one with some actual foresight here.  

https://komonews.com/news/connect-to-congress/romney-revives-alternative-proposal-as-dems-struggle-to-extend-child-credit

Manchin has insisted he would be open to voting for a standalone extension of the credit, but the Democrat-backed version of the program has no Republican support. Enter Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, who called for a new bipartisan approach Monday, despite deepening divides between the two parties.

“Now that it is clear ‘Build Back Better’ isn’t moving forward and with bipartisan opposition to extending the President’s ill-crafted Child Tax Credit, the Administration has an opportunity to do what it failed to do before—actually work with Republicans and Democrats on a lasting, fiscally-responsible CTC reform,” Romney said in a statement.

He pointed to the Family Security Act he introduced earlier this year, which would provide a $350 monthly payment to families for each child under 6 years old – starting four months before birth – and $250 a month from age 6 to 17. The payments would be distributed by the Social Security Administration and available to all children with a Social Security number, and they would phase out for households with higher incomes.

Matt Bruenig of the People’s Policy Project argued Romney’s approach was superior to Biden’s, providing more total benefits and relying on the SSA over the IRS to ensure more families received payments. He also noted Tuesday that Romney’s payment structure essentially amounts to a more generous parental leave benefit than Democrats sought in the Build Back Better Act.

“Democrats should work with Romney to pass this plan,” Bruenig said. “Any quibbles they may have with the design should be fairly small and Romney has signaled some willingness to iron them out.”

Other Republicans have backed versions of an enhanced child credit or a child allowance in the past. However, the specifics of their proposals are typically far afield from what Democrats would prefer, such as work requirements or reforms that weaken existing social welfare programs.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

HA HA HA, yes, Child poverty is so funny. 

You Trump people. 

Don't you have to go rub oil into your gun now? 

Yes! 

I just came in from trying to shoot a poor defenseless animal so i could butcher it and put it in the freezer with the one i killed last year so i can eat it .

So maybe i can go up and teach those poor children how to hunt & they can have guns too & go get their own food so they will no longer need to rely on the gov't for food stamps .

Man i love being a independent and being independent !!  Oh and i just oiled my gun & i also had my bow restrung this year too ! 

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

I can't believe Romney is the one with some actual foresight here.  

https://komonews.com/news/connect-to-congress/romney-revives-alternative-proposal-as-dems-struggle-to-extend-child-credit

Well i guess there is a first time for every thing , but he will change his mind and flip flop a couple of times he always does !! 

38 minutes ago, T master said:

I just came in from trying to shoot a poor defenseless animal so i could butcher it and put it in the freezer with the one i killed last year so i can eat it .

So maybe i can go up and teach those poor children how to hunt & they can have guns too & go get their own food so they will no longer need to rely on the gov't for food stamps .

Man i love being a independent and being independent !!  Oh and i just oiled my gun & i also had my bow restrung this year too ! 

Welcome to the forum Ted.   😉

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, Chef Jim said:

Like when the drop taxes to a level they were a few years ago and call it a tax cut .

Never mind....found it.  

https://wvpolicy.org/data-released-today-shows-west-virginia-had-6th-highest-poverty-rate-in-the-country-even-before-covid-hardship-more-relief-needed/

You were sooooo close.  :rolleyes:

He was off by about 97%, so in Tibs world that is basically correct. It is a shame that is so easily manipulated by stupid people.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He was off by about 97%, so in Tibs world that is basically correct. It is a shame that is so easily manipulated by stupid people.

Really Tim, there was no reason to revive this dead, disproved thread.

The adults here knew it was B.S.

18 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dude, seriously, they always say "If you can only help one child....".

All I ask is it be mine.  Thank you in advance.  

Im a selfish *****.  Why I had no children.  It’s also why I’m able to retire at 60.  So I figured it out but those that are too dumb to don’t hold their hand out and beg. They have the government do their dirty work. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Im a selfish *****.  Why I had no children.  It’s also why I’m able to retire at 60.  So I figured it out but those that are too dumb to don’t hold their hand out and beg. They have the government do their dirty work. 

I’m confused, possibly  because I have three children and am also aged 60.  

Are you saying it’s a Yes…you’re going to help?  You sound conflicted. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m confused, possibly  because I have three children and am also aged 60.  

Are you saying it’s a Yes…you’re going to help?  You sound conflicted. 

Sounds like I’m going to help even though I don’t want to.  The IRS is the middle man. Talk to them.