Child Tax Credit To End Without Manchin's Support

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative 

Like the fact that the child tax credit will not end? That we'll simply go back to the 2020 tax year credit for 2022?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe the parents should learn to code to get higher paying jobs so they can provide the financial resources to care for their own children instead of placing the burden on the taxpayers?  That's what the progressives told WV coal miners that their policies threw out of work.   

• Like (+1) 4

You mean the party of the working man can't take this up in a separate bill?

If it's that vital, seems a simple solution.  

President Manchin is a true Maverick.  

Remember when the old Maverick derailed the Trump health care plan and the media treated him the same way they are Manchin...

Oh wait yea they didn't.  He was a hero

Gtfo all you Commie trash.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/20/child-tax-credit-ending-will-push-10-million-kids-back-into-poverty-.html

Pretty sad. West Virginia, one of the very poorest states--Big Trump State--has millions of poor children but Manchin just thinks the poor of his state will buy drugs with the money? 

Do you know that you lie so much or does it come naturally?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You mean the party of the working man can't take this up in a separate bill?

If it's that vital, seems a simple solution.  

President Manchin is a true Maverick.  

Remember when the old Maverick derailed the Trump health care plan and the media treated him the same way they are Manchin...

Oh wait yea they didn't.  He was a hero

Gtfo all you Commie trash.  

If Republicans really knew what they were doing they'd put a single line bill on this issue up for vote this instant.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Westside said:

That’s a big “if”

Goes without saying lol. 

Republicans are controlled opposition. I welcome the day that Dems decide to openly state what has been true for years: we live in a one-party state.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Goes without saying lol. 

Republicans are controlled opposition. I welcome the day that Dems decide to openly state what has been true for years: we live in a one-party state.

It’s a big joke and we are the punchline. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/20/child-tax-credit-ending-will-push-10-million-kids-back-into-poverty-.html

Pretty sad. West Virginia, one of the very poorest states--Big Trump State--has millions of poor children but Manchin just thinks the poor of his state will buy drugs with the money? 

I saw on Huff Post that of the millions, it was mostly orphans that would suffer. 

There was even one orphan that appealed directly to Manchin.  She's a sweet kid with sassy personality, fire red curly hair, freckles and a can-do attitude.  She sang him a song, and while he didn't change his position, he recognized and appreciated her moxie. He was so impressed that while on his way to a $10,000 per plate "Biden Builds Back Better" fundraiser at a local 5 star hotel, he had his driver drop her off at a local soup kitchen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I saw on Huff Post that of the millions, it was mostly orphans that would suffer. 

There was even one orphan that appealed directly to Manchin.  She's a sweet kid with sassy personality, fire red curly hair, freckles and a can-do attitude.  She sang him a song, and while he didn't change his position, he recognized and appreciated her moxie. He was so impressed that while on his way to a $10,000 per plate "Biden Builds Back Better" fundraiser at a local 5 star hotel, he had his driver drop her off at a local soup kitchen. 

HA HA HA, yes, Child poverty is so funny. 

You Trump people. 

Don't you have to go rub oil into your gun now? 

27 minutes ago, Westside said:

It’s a big joke and we are the punchline. 

Yes! 

Just now, Tiberius said:

HA HA HA, yes, Child poverty is so funny. 

You Trump people. 

Don't you have to go rub oil into your gun now? 

Poverty in general is very sad, but however well-intentioned, you shouldn't misrepresent the numbers and should expect to be mocked when you do.  One thing about the little red-headed orphan girl is she always tells the truth. 

Oh, and I don't own any guns yet.  I do have a machete that I keep in my office, but it's not very sharp these days.  It has been described as Tiberian.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Like the fact that the child tax credit will not end? That we'll simply go back to the 2020 tax year credit for 2022?

Like when the drop taxes to a level they were a few years ago and call it a tax cut .

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Link? 

Never mind....found it.  

https://wvpolicy.org/data-released-today-shows-west-virginia-had-6th-highest-poverty-rate-in-the-country-even-before-covid-hardship-more-relief-needed/

West Virginia’s child poverty rate in 2019 was 19.6 percent, with 67,507 children living in poverty. West Virginia had the 7th highest child poverty rate among the 50 states.

You were sooooo close.  :rolleyes: