This Bills forum is really amazing

78thealltimegreat

I never thought Buffalo was going to win that game, I only hoped they would. So I am not upset about it. It's just entertainment to me and the team isn't trash so I will get my entertainment value from the season.

I know some people have higher expectations but it was kinda obvious the Bills have some exploitable flaws and as a team and organization they haven't figured out how to cover that up yet and it doesn't seem like a few practices are going to clear that up from week to week. 

I don't feel all that doom and gloom some others may feel, The Bills had a few shots to win the game and a few chances to take the game over early and couldn't clutch it. I don't want everyone fired and I still have confidence. I do think some the drawing board needs to be reworked because the plans for victory are not working.

All phases of the game have some problems but I think it boils down to not being able to score enough points. You could bring Tyrod Taylor back if you want 3 to 10 point games.

Anyway it's getting wild with emotions and I am not going to personally tell everyone to calm down because it's not a good look for them. 

• Agree 1

New England has drafted excellent on their lines. That's why they continue to win without Brady. They won 7 games with their defense alone last season. When you hit on a QB, you're supposed to get an OL in front of him, a DL to shore up your defense, and spot draft all other positions.

Look at Buffalo's all world receivers. It means nothing if your QB is uncomfortable in the pocket and never has the time to deliver an accurate pass. Offense is primarily about timing. Our OL screws the whole thing up.

7 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I want to know where McKenzie is. We aren’t getting the whole story there. Something is fishy. 

I didn't hear it personally, but apparently McDermott, in his post-game pc, said that "McKenzie and Stevenson couldn't be trusted".  It got a twittwer response from McKenzie: "Damn"

I think we saw "sugar high Sean" on display last night.

7 hours ago, delirious said:

I'm that way but with Moss more.

Agreed…..the leagues first 210lb power back

51 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

New England has drafted excellent on their lines. That's why they continue to win without Brady. They won 7 games with their defense alone last season. When you hit on a QB, you're supposed to get an OL in front of him, a DL to shore up your defense, and spot draft all other positions.

Look at Buffalo's all world receivers. It means nothing if your QB is uncomfortable in the pocket and never has the time to deliver an accurate pass. Offense is primarily about timing. Our OL screws the whole thing up.

Or maybe they know how to develop their lines much better than Bobby johnson 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There was a thread last week about what things would be discussed if the Bills lost

1. Guard play

2. Defensive Line that can’t stop the run

3 Running backs that go down to easy 

4 No TE depth after Knox and after this game includes Knox

I will say I didn’t see Tremaine Edmunds being as bad as he was but nice job everyone…if only the Bills front office and coaching listened to their fans 

oh the FO and coaches know, they dont need to listen to the fans.   there isnt a whole lot they can do about it during the season except try to cover up the stink and keep moving forward.   u can be sure there will be changes this offseason.

This place is hilarious.

Earlier this season it was all about how the Bills were going to smash this team and roll over that one, people posting testosterone-fueled mockery of Kansas City and Tennessee (and yes, New England) like hormone soaked fourteen-year old bullies on the playground. Or more like the guys who hung around with the bullies so they could make themselves feel big and scary.

Now it's all about how the Bills are completely worthless. Fire the coach, fire the OC, fire the GM, they should have done this, they should have done that; no it didn't matter what they tried they are incompetent spineless talentless soft brain-dead losers, worse than Pearl Harbor, what, is my hair on fire? is this a dagger which I see before me? let us sit upon the ground and tell sad tales of the death of kings, exterminate all those brutes! 

It really is a fascinating, and completely predictable, window into (male) human nature. 

Edited by Dr. K

9 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why is Tommy Sweeney on the field? 

blocking Judon.  think about that for a second.  This coaching staff is so in love with their own ideas that they absolutely ignore the matchups and assume that we can scheme anyone into position and it'll just work.  REmember last year when we were all worried that Daboll was going to get a HC gig somewhere?  What's the opposite of dodging a bullet?

6 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

This place is hilarious.

Earlier this season it was all about how the Bills were going to smash this team and roll over that one, people posting testosterone-fueled mockery of Kansas City and Tennessee (and yes, New England) like hormone soaked fourteen-year old bullies on the playground. Or more like the guys who hung around with the bullies so they could make themselves feel big and scary.

Now it's all about how the Bills are completely worthless. Fire the coach, fire the OC, fire the GM, they should have done this, they should have done that; no it didn't matter what they tried they are incompetent spineless talentless soft brain-dead losers, worse than Pearl Harbor, what, is my hair on fire? is this a dagger which I see before me? let us sit upon the ground and tell sad tales of the death of kings, exterminate all those brutes! 

It really is a fascinating, and completely predictable, window into (male) human nature. 

Thanks Doc, for your armchair analysis.   This team is soft, that's a hard fact.  They've gotten manhandled 5 times now.  They're built to beat up on bad teams (except the jags, lol) and get smoked by physical teams.   We all had hoped that Josh could do heroball at the end of the game, but given how the Pats had dominated our OL all game, there really wasnt any chance of it. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m not gonna lie, if I see Singletary get another handoff I’m gonna puke.

Cut him tomorrow.

Dude, you might want to visita gastroenterologist for your vomitus reflex.

Singletary is far from the worst problem on this offense.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This board is going to be unreadable this week

Thank you so very much for your kind and generous contribution to improving the quality and readability of this board!  I have never seen such an erudite and intelligent post!  And such insight and football acumen!

The best of this board is pretty impressive, and the consensus views are quite sound. If the Bills coaching staff and front office read it regularly, they would profit. For example, this board was screaming bloody murder when Beane passed on drafting a guard and cornerback. 

3 minutes ago, finn said:

The best of this board is pretty impressive, and the consensus views are quite sound. If the Bills coaching staff and front office read it regularly, they would profit. For example, this board was screaming bloody murder when Beane passed on drafting a guard and cornerback. 

Yeah but the DL ROTATION did you even see them dominating the trenches last night?  If we didn't have the most expensive DL in the league, NE might have run right over us!

13 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

This place is hilarious.

There's been a lot of worthless content on this board, many of which I have posted. But this probably wins, congrats!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.