I think that I just lost my colon

TheCockSportif

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I used three tiny habaneros that @Beerballgrew in a chili for the TBDAHOT.  I made one hot batch and one mild batch.  I have never had such hot habaneros in my life.  I brought the chili, but when I tasted it, I "took it off the menu," immediately.  It was too hot and would have made unsuspecting tasters miserable.  Seriously as hot as any jolokia (ghost pepper) I've ever had.

I once ate a whole habanero with lunch. Twenty minutes later, I went up to the bedroom, opened the windows (this was January in Northern Illinois - very cold outside), turned on the ceiling fan, stripped to my underwear, and sprawled out on the bed. Then I got an endorphin rush that was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. (And I did a fair amount of "experimenting" in college - no opioids, but some stuff I'd never do again.)

Unfortunately, I was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at our college's spring orientation that evening. I managed to do my presentation, but still under a mild endorphin buzz.

Bottom line: I'll never touch another habanero again.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you wear gloves when handling hot peppers?  I don't generally, and at times I regret it.

When I was a kid, someone gave us a batch of hot peppers. I don't remember the variety, but my Mom decided to can them. She cut them up without gloves. The next day, Dad brought her to the ER because her hands were red and burning like crazy. They gave her hydrocortisone cream and a prescription for something - probably a steroid. For two days, she laid on the couch with her hands in a bowl of ice water.

I'll cut hot peppers without gloves, but I never touch the insides once they're cut - I use utensils to transfer them to a jar for preserving. (No canning - I just add vinegar water and store them in the fridge.) And then I wash my hands thoroughly, twice.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I was sitting at a pizza joint and a guy walks in and sits down next to me. He ordered a beer and 6 wings, hot, with blue cheese (of course). He’s warned that medium are hot, and hot is REALLY HOT. He says “that’s OK, that’s what beer is for”. When they come out I notice it’s not a sauce, but some kind of a rub. He’s working on his first wing and I ask how they are. “Great!”  Before he starts his second wing he says “it builds on you”, then clears his throat. He orders his second beer, then blows his nose. His eyes are watering as he’s finishing his second wing. Another nose blow, on to wing #3 and “another beer please”.  😂

He was too proud to stop, and I think he had four beers to wash down his six wings.

He'd have been better off with a glass of milk instead of the beers. Water, alcohol, and most other drinks just spread the hot stuff around. Milk (or better, yogurt) has a cooling effect. It coats the surface and absorbs the heat.

The first time my wife and I ate at an Indian restaurant, I ordered curried chicken. The waitress told me it was hot and brought a bowl of sauce to go with it. She described it as a "cooling sauce" and then admitted it was just yogurt. I like hot stuff to a certain extent, but if I break a good sweat, then it's too hot. The curried chicken was just hot enough that I appreciated the yogurt.

With super-hot wings, though, just order extra blue cheese and dip a lot.

• Agree 1

water flow GIF

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

When I was a kid, someone gave us a batch of hot peppers. I don't remember the variety, but my Mom decided to can them. She cut them up without gloves. The next day, Dad brought her to the ER because her hands were red and burning like crazy. They gave her hydrocortisone cream and a prescription for something - probably a steroid. For two days, she laid on the couch with her hands in a bowl of ice water.

Good thing they didn't get frisky that night.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, teef said:

this may be one of the times i go against traditional wisdom and actually try it.  bobby gets the ghost pepper wings when we go out, and can handle them no problem.  he thought the chip was way worse.

All I know is if you do decide to do this, I  need to be there. 

So, I ended up making a chili out of the brisket that I smoked last Sunday.  Last night I made taco salad with said chili, and I added *four* solid dollops of the habanero sauce to mine.  It was hot, like really hot, but it mellowed from last week, and the abrasive nature of its heat mellowed down.  I was able to get through the evening, and earlier this morning I didn't have to sit on a pillow.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:22 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

All I know is if you do decide to do this, I  need to be there. 

i've been toying around with a new idea.  we need to sign up for tiktok first.  then we can unveil my 5 chip challenge.  3 chips will be eaten, one chip will be snorted, and one chip will be taken rectally.  then we keep the camera rolling for an hour, and wait to go viral.

8 hours ago, teef said:

i've been toying around with a new idea.  we need to sign up for tiktok first.  then we can unveil my 5 chip challenge.  3 chips will be eaten, one chip will be snorted, and one chip will be taken rectally.  then we keep the camera rolling for an hour, and wait to go viral.

Max length for a TikTok is 3 minutes.  Keep that in mind when you're planning out your video.  

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Max length for a TikTok is 3 minutes.  Keep that in mind when you're planning out your video.  

My guess is, if you go in reverse order and start with the rectal habernero application, three minutes will be MORE than enough to make @teef famous across the globe!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.