Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

18 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Biden administration has beat them to it.

Even Mitt Romney says you guys don't care about the constitution. MAGA's actions prove that. Sure, blame the guys who support democracy, the constitution and the USA, criminals always blame someone else 

https://x.com/anders_aslund/status/1702964989613470110?s=20 

What Putin is doing in Ukraine is not just reckless, not just a war of choice, not just an invasion in a class of its own for overreach, mendacity, immorality and incompetence, all wrapped in a farrago of lies. What he is doing is evil. He has trumped up any number of shifting justifications — one day it was removing a Nazi regime in power in Kyiv, the next it was preventing NATO expansion, the next it was fending off a Western cultural invasion of Russia — for what ultimately was a personal flight of fancy that now requires his superpower army turning to North Korea for help. It’s like the biggest bank in town having to ask the local pawnshop for a loan.

It is very hard to stop a leader who has no shame or conscience. On Tuesday Putin told an economic conference in Russia that the 91 felony counts filed against Donald Trump in four different U.S. jurisdictions represent the “persecution of one’s political rival for political motives” and show “the rottenness of the American political system, which cannot pretend to teach democracy to others.” The hall erupted in applause for a leader renowned for using poison underwear, an exploding airplane and Siberian labor camps to “teach democracy” to his rivals.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Even Mitt Romney says you guys don't care about the constitution. MAGA's actions prove that. Sure, blame the guys who support democracy, the constitution and the USA, criminals always blame someone else 

Again, the Mitt Romney that was "gonna put y'all back in chains"?  LOL!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The same one that probably all conservatives on this board voted for once upon a time but now consider a rino.

Romney doesn't like the populist movement and prefers the traditional Republican role of representing the interests of white businessmen.  Assuring the party of like-minded conservatives will politely assume a minority position in perpetuity to an opposition thst feels no need to play by the rules.  Assuming the part of the Washington Generals for the Globetrotter Democrats.  

Me, I used to vote for liberal democrats before they moved so far left on social and economic positions that in a relative comparison they make traditional moderates look like radical right wing extremists.  

• Like (+1) 2

We Can No Longer Hide the Truth About the Russia-Ukraine War

| Opinion

As leading American politicians, generals, and pundits continue advocating for open-ended support to Kyiv in their war against Russia, a sober, accurate analysis of Ukraine's nearly completed summer offensive reveals that the heroic sacrifice Ukraine continues to make is producing little to no meaningful progress toward the objective of evicting Russia from Ukraine's territory.

Despite great hopes for a rapid success, Ukraine's months-in-the-making offensive has sputtered from the outset. That shouldn't have surprised anyone in the White House. On April 5, two months before the start of the offensive, I wrote that "Zelensky's troops—with little to no air power and a dearth in artillery ammunition—could suffer egregious casualties while gaining little.

About a month before the start of the offensive, I again warned that the odds were stacked heavily against Kyiv. To succeed, I explained, Ukraine would "have to conduct the most difficult task in modern land warfare: a combined arms operation into the teeth of a dug-in enemy force that is prepared for an attack," complicated by the shortage of artillery ammunition along with "limited airpower and minimal air defense." Nevertheless, on the eve of battle, some Western analysts remained optimistic.

While this change did result in producing incremental gains, the cost was exorbitant. On Aug. 29, the BBC reported that new leaked reports suggested Ukrainian battle deaths exploded since the offensive started. Whereas Ukraine was reported to have lost 17,500 troops in the first year of the war, it is presently assessed to have lost a breathtakingly high 50,000 additional deaths, for a total of 70,000 dead and 120,000 wounded.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsweek.com ...https://www.newsweek.com/we-can-no-longer-hide-truth-about-russia-ukraine-war-opinion-1826532?amp=1

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Romney doesn't like the populist movement and prefers the traditional Republican role of representing the interests of white businessmen.  Assuring the party of like-minded conservatives will politely assume a minority position in perpetuity to an opposition thst feels no need to play by the rules.  Assuming the part of the Washington Generals for the Globetrotter Democrats.  

Me, I used to vote for liberal democrats before they moved so far left on social and economic positions that in a relative comparison they make traditional moderates look like radical right wing extremists.  

What? Obamacare? What positions are so different from traditional Democrats? 

Are you saying you voted for Bill Clinton? 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What? Obamacare? What positions are so different from traditional Democrats? 

Are you saying you voted for Bill Clinton? 

Yes, I did vote for Bill Clinton.  I remember seeing him at a Bills game walking through the main concourse with some secret service guys in tow.  I think it was the 2006 season.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes, I did vote for Bill Clinton.  I remember seeing him at a Bills game walking through the main concourse with some secret service guys in tow.  I think it was the 2006 season.  

He later that night or the next went to the Sabres game I was at. Martin Biron won like his 12th straight game that night or something. 

• Eyeroll 1

I found Billfuc.k

In Ukraine. 

Ashton-Cirillo is now taking to social media threatening to hunt down and kill those who criticize the country’s government:

"Next week, the teeth of the Russian devils will gnash even harder, and their rabid mouths will foam in uncontrollable frenzy as the world will see a favorite Kremlin propagandist pay for their crimes. This puppet of Putin is only the first. Russia's war criminal propagandists will all be hunted down and justice will be served."

Why are we giving these psychos our money?

• Haha (+1) 1