Beasley a Important Cog in the Bills Wheel to Success !

T master

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

tangentially related...Man MAJ, Diggs, Beasely, Knox, Sanders, Davis and throw in at times iMcK, Moss out of the backfield, also Sweeney and doses of Kumerow...

...in short, we should be throwing for 400 yards a game, every game, regardless of what the other team ALLOWS US to do.

Impose

Your

Will

Agree and why I hated the script in the first half seemed like they allowed the Phins to set the tone. 

After halftime different story. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Might Rather said:

Was he being booed every time he caught the ball yesterday? I couldn't tell but it sure sounded like it on TV. He did have a great game and played tough getting extra yards after the catch.

Nah, the fans are yelling “BEASE!” after his big plays. Although, a few weeks ago he tweeted that he thought people were booing him and tons of people spoke up next said, “No, we’re yelling BEASE!” And then he toned it down to, “Oh, well, some people behind the bench were yelling mean things!l” and it’s kinda like, well dude, it’s football, that stuff comes with the territory as it is, but also, you’re out here making some not so bright statements, so, you open yourself up to the criticism when you say dumb stuff. 

I gotta admit, the dude soured me with his anti-vax BS. Honestly, if you don’t wanna get it, fine, don’t get it, just realize you’re in the way of progress and also, don’t turn it into some kind of stupid debate or some hill to die on. Make your choice and shut up about it. That said, I can’t help but be a smart-a$$ about him sometimes. Like, maybe he makes a catch and gets tackled two yards before a first down. I’ll turn to my wife and say, “Know who would’ve gotten a first down? A vaccinated player!” Or when he makes a catch I like to sing, “He’s an (anti) vax man! Skibba dibba doodley bop” ya know, sung in the style of that old “I’m a scatman” song. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

tangentially related...Man MAJ, Diggs, Beasely, Knox, Sanders, Davis and throw in at times iMcK, Moss out of the backfield, also Sweeney and doses of Kumerow...

...in short, we should be throwing for 400 yards a game, every game, regardless of what the other team ALLOWS US to do.

Impose

Your

Will

I think we tried to do that in the first half and we basically looked like dog****. We were running 10 personnel, using more WRs to make up for Knox being out. Its when we switched to 11 in the second half and kept in extra blockers we were able to give Allen more time in the pocket to let some of those crossers over the middle for Beasley to develop.

We have a really strong team and its going to be anyone's guess as to who is going to shine this week. If I was a defensive coordinator it would drive me nuts that I need to respect the run out of 10, 11 personnel. I need to have at least 3-4 strong DB's to cover Sanders, Diggs, Beasley and Davis. Knox (and to a degree Sweeney) are effective safety valves for layups and dumpoffs. Allen is a threat to take off for chunks if you play tight man and lose contain. 

• Like (+1) 1

News Flash: Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Knox, Davis and even McKenzie are all important "cogs".  A machine is a GREAT metaphor here, because all of those "cogs" work together to make the motor that is the passing offense run.

Yesterday it was 100% Beasley, but you have to remember that his performance did not happen in a vacuum.  What other players are doing on the field at the same time greatly impacts the performance of the individuals catching the ball.  Play to play, game to game week to week. 

Without the threat of the other pass catchers and Allen out of the backfield, any one WR can be neutralized. With everyone doing their job, the sky is the limit.

I for one am perfectly happy with Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Knox, Davis, etc etc trading off big performances week to week.  It's a team sport and it's the key to success.

Edited by ChicagoRic
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:
8 hours ago, Might Rather said:

Was he being booed every time he caught the ball yesterday? I couldn't tell but it sure sounded like it on TV. He did have a great game and played tough getting extra yards after the catch.

Nah, the fans are yelling “BEASE!” after his big plays. Although, a few weeks ago he tweeted that he thought people were booing him and tons of people spoke up next said, “No, we’re yelling BEASE!” And then he toned it down to, “Oh, well, some people behind the bench were yelling mean things!l” and it’s kinda like, well dude, it’s football, that stuff comes with the territory as it is, but also, you’re out here making some not so bright statements, so, you open yourself up to the criticism when you say dumb stuff. 

Thanks, I was wondering if maybe it was "BEASE" ... just sounded like boos on TV. I was hoping our fans were cheering the great plays he was making. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Impose

Your

Will

Dude, have a decaf with those donuts, you're so worked up! :devil:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

The cold parts has more to do with the Bills trying to force the run more this year. 

We have our first down getting WRs, if they run the ball less like they should Beasley will be getting more targets. 

Run in the playoffs if you want but in regular season just go full throttle and throw the ball.

Edited by TBBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.