California bills fans coming to town, need local advice

Norcalbillsfan

7 hours ago, boater said:

Do you have to wear a coat and tie at Russells?

I've also heard his children run a fine show down the street at Salvatores.

Russell's does not REQUIRE a specific dress code. But I could see their FOH team giving someone a hard time for certain things. It's not yet 2021 everywhere.

His sons do a pretty good job down the road, yes. I mean, w/r/t giant Italian steakhouse-genre concepts that appeal to broad masses.

There are much better food and beverage programs to enjoy in WNY than these kinds of old-school institutions. We like to celebrate locally-owned favorites, yet often fall victim to favoring generationally-relevant businesses without meaningful re-evaluations. PM for more nuanced suggestions, if you dare.

16 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Ya I didn't want to be the guy that posts "what are best wings in buffalo" for the millionth time. But this is gonna be my first Monday night game and I've been trying to get my west coast buddies to go to buffalo for 10 years so I'm overly excited and want to give my buddies the best buffalo experience I can. And that's best part of bills mafia, they are always welcoming and want everyone to have a great time.

If it's the Dec 6 game you're going to, you should take your friends to the Sabres game the next night.  No better way to love Buffalo sports than a Bills/Sabres doubleheader.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 hours ago, boater said:

Do you have to wear a coat and tie at Russells?

I've also heard his children run a fine show down the street at Salvatores.

Go to Russell's.  As long as you're not dressed like a slob, you'll be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2021 at 1:14 PM, Norcalbillsfan said:

Bought my Monday night football tickets, bringing my California friends, none of them have been to Buffalo, been telling them for years that buffalo is an awesome downtown bar scene. I haven't been back to buffalo in about 8 years and I want to make sure I show them the best. 

We are a meat eating craft beer drinking crew. Would love some advice from the local mafia.

- most importantly best breweries

- obviously wings

- tap house/ laid back beer drinking bars

- steak house

- where we should get an air bnb

- advice on getting to and leaving game

- anything else you guys can think of

Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks guys. Go bills.

Going to be a culture shock coming from California 😂. Enjoy your time here! Let’s Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2021 at 5:25 PM, boater said:

This is a repetitive topic. I'm OK with thtat. I never turn my back on an out of town visitor, especially a Bills fan.

Someone should compile a "How to Visit for a Bills" game document that covers all these issues. I have vague memory of a pinned thread that sort of addressed this need.

They could do it in Google Drive and accept community edits. Make it a living document, always up to date.

@plenzmd1 made this one...

Welcome to Orchard Park for a Bills Game!

Read through it, there is a food section towards the end. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.