USA in Talks to Pay Hundreds of Millions to Families Separated at Border... $450,000 per person!

Chaos

17 hours ago, Chaos said:

Timing matters… apparently this separation thing hasn’t  happened since the new pres has magnificently  fixed the border situation  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Honestly, is this real?  Demented Biden has lost it worse than I thought.  Is he and his communist buddies trying to make good on Hyena Harris and her botched border agenda?  How can you do this to Americans?  Honestly.  What has this country come to?  

What a Mess.jpg

IT’S GONNA HAPPEN

About those settlements under negotiation with counsel for illegal aliens allegedly traumatized by their treatment during the Trump administration, President Biden said at his press conference earlier this week that the report was “garbage” and that it “[wasn’t] gonna happen.” That was on Wednesday. His press spokesman walked that back during the White House press conference on Thursday.

At his press conference today —  — Biden clarified his statement of this past Wednesday. The report wasn’t garbage. It’s gonna happen. Only the amount is in issue.

This time around, however, Biden added a weird vehemence to his response (video below):

If in fact, because of the outrageous behavior of the last administration, you were coming across the border, whether it was legal or illegal, and you lost your child — you lost your child — it’s gone — you deserve some kind of compensation, no matter what the circumstance.

What that will be, I have no idea. I have no idea.

“I have no idea” might be a good motto for the Biden administration.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/11/its-gonna-happen.php

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What a horrible precedence this is setting.  So what will stop the 1,000's and 1,000's at the border now from lawyering up and getting their share.  Are they also being treated poorly at the border?   

It's unbelievable, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's unbelievable, isn't it?

It has blown my mind since I first found out about it.   Do we have some culpability in the children being separated? Possibly.  But paying families $450k a pop?  Where did they come up with that number.  Funny...that's also the income level where people will likely get soaked further via taxes next year. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It has blown my mind since I first found out about it.   Do we have some culpability in the children being separated? Possibly.  But paying families $450k a pop?  Where did they come up with that number.  Funny...that's also the income level where people will likely get soaked further via taxes next year. 

They were separated for a reason.  And who knows what the exact number is, but they'll get significant payouts that American citizens, who didn't break the law, won't ever see.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, B-Man said:

IT’S GONNA HAPPEN

About those settlements under negotiation with counsel for illegal aliens allegedly traumatized by their treatment during the Trump administration, President Biden said at his press conference earlier this week that the report was “garbage” and that it “[wasn’t] gonna happen.” That was on Wednesday. His press spokesman walked that back during the White House press conference on Thursday.

At his press conference today —  — Biden clarified his statement of this past Wednesday. The report wasn’t garbage. It’s gonna happen. Only the amount is in issue.

This time around, however, Biden added a weird vehemence to his response (video below):

If in fact, because of the outrageous behavior of the last administration, you were coming across the border, whether it was legal or illegal, and you lost your child — you lost your child — it’s gone — you deserve some kind of compensation, no matter what the circumstance.

What that will be, I have no idea. I have no idea.

“I have no idea” might be a good motto for the Biden administration.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/11/its-gonna-happen.php

He said “lost your child, he’s GONE!” 

So in the latest variant of government legalizing illegal things we are now effectively buying orphaned migrants? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

By the by, they bailed quickly on that $450,000 number  (after it was exposed.)

Reminder: a large number of those bringing these poor children into our country were NOT their parents..

A payoff to them would be criminal.