Why so much faith in J.P?

The_Real

Do you want me to say how well he performed in 04? Let me know and I will do so.

322961[/snapback]

I've never known you to be diplomatic and it seemed to me like you let him off the hook.

I expected a stevestojan reference - or at the least "embarassingly inept."

I think you and I agree that he was anything but spectacular :(

I've never known you to be diplomatic and it seemed to me like you let him off the hook. 

I expected a stevestojan reference - or at the least "embarassingly inept."

I think you and I agree that he was anything but spectacular  :D

322995[/snapback]

Diplomacy..... Could this be the new me? :P

I guess there is little choice with absolute posts like this:

>>>>We can only improve the QB position. 46 TDs last year- 10 by our defense and special teams. Fyou Drew! Good riddance!<<<<

Notice the word "only." What on earth will the worshippers say if this already annointed all-time great falters? :(

We can only improve the QB position. 46 TDs last year- 10 by our defense and special teams.  Fyou Drew!  Good riddance!

323006[/snapback]

bledsoe was one of the few qb's that threw for 20 td's last year.i do not see loserman doing that(or even coming close). jp loserman is mike mcmahon part 2. bills will finish in the 7 or 8 win range. BANK ON IT.

bledsoe was one of the few qb's that threw for 20 td's last year.i do not see loserman doing that(or even coming close). jp loserman is mike mcmahon part 2. bills will finish in the 7 or 8 win range. BANK ON IT.

323130[/snapback]

I think your name should be more accurately "pats whip on Bledsoe", don't you? Interesting to me that you come onto our message board in April spouting off about the patsies beating us this season. What I hope to see is your return to this board after the first meeting of the two teams after we've thrown you a beating! :(

Wow, all the other optimists come out in stride. 

I am pointing out problem areas.  If you would have read my whole post I didn't say I thought these problems would all go bad.  I just can't see everyone of these scenarios working out favorably.  Does anyone ever have 5 or 6 problems at one time that work out well?  As I said it's usually 50-50. 

I hope I am wrong more than any of you could even imagine.  I just see so many question marks that I fear we've taken steps backward. 

Bledsoe wasn't the answer, I know that.  McGahee could be the top rb in the league.  J.P could throw 40 touchdowns.  Our O-line could give up no sacks.  Our D-line could force 25 fumbles.  Lindell could hit a 65 yarder. 

George Bush could also make wise decisions.  It also may not rain all year long.  It could be the years the Cubs win the world series. 

My point is there are alot of questions.  Doesn't that worry anyone else but me?

T_R

322669[/snapback]

You could also shut your yipper and read the replies entirly before you respond. Not everyone on this board will agree with you all the time(or even sometime) when your that negative. DEAL WITH IT!

Do you hang out with JP-ERA?----There you go you made me say the name :(

We can only improve the QB position. 46 TDs last year- 10 by our defense and special teams.  Fyou Drew!  Good riddance!

323006[/snapback]

If our strategy is to expect improved QB play to overcome the problems a D causes by letting a reserve crub RB rush for over 100 yards, to overcome a kicker that shanks a very makeable kick. the ST lauing a PR on the carpet and complete passes so the coaching staff can move away from the running game after WM gains 40 yards in a scoring drive because Bledsoe sucked and could not overcome these problems and JP will, this does not strike me as a good strategy.

Though it was inaadequate to do what we needed, Bledsoe's production improved a lot in '04 over his horrendous '03 work. Hats off to MM and TC for squeezing far more than I expected out of a QB who should have been cut after his 03 work.

However, I really do not expect much more production out of a 1st year QB (though it would be nice). The good thing is that if the Bills do it like they should we can win the playoffs last year with Bledsoe like numbers from JP.

We should have made the playoffs last year with Drew if the D and ST had played like they were capable of doing when we won 6 straight.

Do you or anyone disagree?

here's a question for you, real -- why NOT be optimistic and have faith in a QB we drafted in the 1st round? i haven't read any posts predicting the HOF for losman after this season -- most of us just think he can't be any worse than bledsoe and the bills were on the cusp of the playoffs last season.

aren't spring and summer the prime seasons for optimism as an NFL fan?

I'll go back to the original question: "Why so much faith in J.P?"

Because Mularkey, Clements, Wyche clearly supported the change. All 3 of which have coached many NFL QB's in their time. Especially Wyche, who coached Montana and Esiason.

If they feel confident that J.P. is ready to start, I will trust their opinion way before a worrywart fan.

That bein said, its still the NFL and he still may not pan out....