Reporters can be jerks, no matter where they are

BobbyC81

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

What I meant wasn't really all the confusing. At this level it's hardly a kids game either. I'm sure it's enjoyable at times but it's about as high pressure grueling of a job as you can have.

Also, it's was a jerk question to ask. The NY media is known for attacking its players, not anything new for them, hard to argue against. The dude is a kid, working his butt off wanting to be good. Treat him with respect. Nobody would've defended this if it were Josh in Buffalo his rookie year. Its def Bush league

It's really not.  Don't believe me?  Imagine doing a physically demanding job where if you don't do it well enough, maybe you don't get paid (a crappy salary)

Anyway,  he's a millionaire who is the starting QB on his (paying) fans' football team.  That's what he wanted his whole life.  It's reasonable for fans to expect only the best....and for reporters to bring it up when it isn't the best.   And that question was soooooo soft, I don't know how anyone could find malice in it.  

If he can't be ribbed a bit by the mildest of barbs, then he can't be a pro sports player.

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's still some d-baggery. It doesn't provide anything. You're right hes in a privileged position but these players take a physical beating, their brains aren't right after playing, transitioning back into civilian life has gotta be hard on these guys.

Things can always be worse. Coal miners could always be in a war torn country, or a country in severe poverty and nobody is going to be on board with putting them down mentally. These guys are kids, and being attacked by your home media is a low blow. I could see attacking someone like Manziel with his antics, but Wilson seems like a likeable kid, working his tail off. If he fails it's not for not trying, no need to pile on a 21yr old

If you’ve never been a coal miner , maybe you should temper saying things could get worse. I mean, what’s next , saying you could be a miner without arms?  Let’s not get ridiculous. Just saying , at 21 he is a man out of collage, earning a large living. He is not a “ kid” at this point in life.  He is playing a sport kids can play tho. He worked hard to get there and deserves all the good for that hard work.   Along the way in real life you will face some bad.  It’s how you face that and respond that allows you to grow as a person in real life , with family and those who are around you and whose life you are influenced by and influence. My point was who should ever care what a reporter asks , writes , etc as long as you are doing what your job description is and what you are getting paid for. If he was unemployed, no one would be asking about ghosts and his real life issues would be much more concerning. He can smile every day walking away from the reporters and podium because he has a bright future that he has worked to pursue and no silly question can impact the thing he has control over, his own future.  Nothing the reporter does affects his likability that you seem concerned about.  The reporter did nothing to physically “attack”  ( your word) or hurt him in any tangible way unless Wilson was emotionally bothered and I can assure you , real life will offer bigger threats to ones mental health. I only reacted to point out , as a poster are you  honestly concerned that somehow being asked about ghosts by a reporter will have some real negative impact on Wilson ? Reporters ask lots of silly questions. Just asking a silly question doesn’t make the reporter a jerk , anymore than being good at football makes you a “ good” person. There are bigger issues in real life, just look around; why be concerned about a silly question and it appeared Wilson was smiling. Hardly someone who needs to be protected from a “ jerk” reporter ( not my description of the reporter ). We are getting soft as a society!  Lol ! Have a great day. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I was watching the NFL Network highlights show, Gameday Final and they had Zack Wilson talking to the NY press about facing the New England defense and the last question they had was a reporter asking “So, you weren’t like seeing ghosts out there?”

Did Jerry Sullivan move to NY?

While it was funny, I think it was stupid and juvenile to be asking this kid.

Zacks lucky he wasn’t drafted by Philly after a game like that they’d be holding Jersey burning parties 

Anybody have any insight into how schitty the reporters in Chicago were to Fields? 

I am traditionally not a snarky guy, but when guys start saying how "they thought it would be harder/faster etc." They deserve all the crap. 

Story time: At my last national championship, before one of my races I was chatting with a few of my competitors. Not uncommon in my sport as you show up to the course in the AM if you compete in individual events. Competitors become your teammates in a weird way. Anyways, this guy was casually telling us that he would probably win that weekend without an issue and how he is looking forward to the World Championships later that year in New Zealand. Long story short he didn't win, I did. He got a firm pat on the back and a "good luck in New Zealand". That was a decade ago and I still think about it a lot. I hope the embarrassment keeps him awake at night. 

TL;DR I raced a guy like Justin Fields. He shot his mouth off and lost badly to me. People like that deserve to be pooped on. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you see the Twitters when Sam Darnold got traded?  Sam's Cali friends including Josh Allen and Kyle Allen threw him a surprise party, with a Panthers hat sitting on the the table and a bunch of blue and silver and black balloons

Sam doesn't care. He is playoff bound with the Panthers. Jets gonna Jet.

Edited by GunnerBill

What do you expect? It’s Jersey.  Home of the tub of lard Charlie Weiss. “Tahmy”.  That is the only show I will not listen to on NFLR.  Such a tool and he never shuts up about Jersey when he’s not laughing at his own jokes amd complimenting himself. 

Thank god Sal and company have the extra point show everyday.  It’s the exact opposite for me with the WGR afternoon show.  Then I flip to MTC.  Sal and Nate have started out strong on their daily show.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Media is saying he threw it, but it was clearly some kind of surprise party he walked into with his GF.  You can see people arising from where they were crouched behind the sofas

good for him... playing in NYC such a pain in the arse.   their super fired up coach Salah is already choosing his words carefully.... so screwed