Read defenses

8 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I wonder how much time do defensive coaches spend with quarterbacks teaching them to read defenses

It's an interesting question. My first thought would be-- not very much. I mean, they have their own players to deal with, but I wouldn't be surprised if Daboll would once, or twice a season invite Frazier to the QB room to explain the logic behind certain defensive schemes, and how they might be recognized. Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if Allen had the occasional question for Frazier. Anything to gain an edge, right?

6 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Who would now more about defensive schemes than the defensive coaches?  I was just wondering what their input is.

Defensive coaches know more about how to run defensive schemes than anyone. Less about attacking them, though. That's offensive coaches who spend their time on that.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair amount of questions asked to defensive coaches, but I doubt there's a lot beyond that. Might be worth a session or two, though.

Who knows more about women than women? But that doesn't mean you go to women to learn how to pick up and maintain good relationships with women. You go to a guy who's good with women.

Edited by Thurman#1