Finally a definite timeline for Diggs to get on the field

I had just begun to worry about his lingering knee issue.

While McD had said it was minor a while ago, it had become a bit concerning when several days have passed without Diggs in pads.

Finally we have some good news: Diggs will be back next week.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/20/22633770/buffalo-bills-injury-report-stefon-diggs-expected-back-next-week

• Like (+1) 1

It's training camp.  I'm sure if we'd been in the middle of the regular season, he'd have played every game and got a couple of practices in each week.  Now who cares.  So yeah, get him back next week for some work, he'll be all set to go about the time they cut down to 53.

Yes McD sounded concerned, but likely due to specifically being asked abut it, so he said yes we want to get him back out there soon.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I had just begun to worry about his lingering knee issue.

While McD had said it was minor a while ago, it had become a bit concerning when several days have passed without Diggs in pads.

Finally we have some good news: Diggs will be back next week.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/8/20/22633770/buffalo-bills-injury-report-stefon-diggs-expected-back-next-week

Sean mentioned next weak a day or two back, good to hear, they were. Just being cautious with our #1 wide out, 👍

All players deal with injuries. Often times they are something to be concerned about, but Diggs doesn’t have a history of missing games with injury. His availability has been exceptional throughout his career. A guy like Sammy on the preseason injury report would be cause for concern. 

• Agree 1

If Diggs isn't 100%, he should go on IR.  The NFL has announced unlimited returns from IR again this year.  Let Diggs sit until he's absolutely needed and then bring him onto the roster.  In the meantime we have such depth in WRs this would let one more guy stick on the 53 and let the league see what he can do.  Trade bait.  

The worst thing is if Diggs comes back too early and aggravates whatever is wrong.  We need him during the tough stretch a few games into the schedule.  Until then the other WRs will be more than adequate.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If Diggs isn't 100%, he should go on IR.  The NFL has announced unlimited returns from IR again this year.  Let Diggs sit until he's absolutely needed and then bring him onto the roster.  In the meantime we have such depth in WRs this would let one more guy stick on the 53 and let the league see what he can do.  Trade bait.  

The worst thing is if Diggs comes back too early and aggravates whatever is wrong.  We need him during the tough stretch a few games into the schedule.  Until then the other WRs will be more than adequate.

I don’t think that works. 
I could be wrong but if you IR someone before the final 53 they can’t come back. We had this with Feliciano last year I believe. That’s why we cut roberts and Marlowe and brought them right back when we could put mongo on IR set to return. 
Im sure some of our other smarter posters can word it better or correct where I might be wrong at. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think that works. 
I could be wrong but if you IR someone before the final 53 they can’t come back. We had this with Feliciano last year I believe. That’s why we cut roberts and Marlowe and brought them right back when we could put mongo on IR set to return. 
Im sure some of our other smarter posters can word it better or correct where I might be wrong at. 

If you're right then I withdraw my suggestion.  I thought unlimited returns from IR meant just that.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Diggs will be back next week.

The release says that's when he's expected back, not that he will be back.

I expected Megan Fox to have her tattoos removed and drop over to my place for a date last night.

Weirdly, it did not happen.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The release says that's when he's expected back, not that he will be back.

I expected Megan Fox to have her tattoos removed and drop over to my place for a date last night.

Weirdly, it did not happen.

Lol - your personal expectation is not a fair comparison - but if Machine Gun Kelly (not our @machine gun kelly ) we’re to say it about Megan Fox, I’d believe it. 

If you read the link, you’d know this came from McD himself. He had not indicated a date before for when Diggs would be back.