Tell Me About Average Bills Fans

Shaw66

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh I lost hope. But it was like one of those awful tv shows that is so bad you can't stop watching. 

Peterman got started so early in the game that I actually missed the first INT. After that, when I turned it on, it was must-see TV.

4 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That is the edge of the Demographic, but acceptable. :rolleyes:

There's some LOL funny stuff on this forum!

Being able to name players and theirs stats is a personal quality and a poor measure of fandomness.

I don't have that personal quality of being up to date on every player's micro-detail, I am awed by those that do. But I have the macro-details of the Bills locked down. I have a MS degree in Organizational Development and it has helped me immensely in enjoying the Bills, especially these current Bills.. they are an exemplar organization.

Be careful how you define average. If you decided furniture shopping was our Sunday, you'll be in for fisticuffs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boater said:

Being able to name players and theirs stats is a personal quality and a poor measure of fandomness.

I don't have that personal quality of being up to date on every player's micro-detail, I am awed by those that do. But I have the macro-details of the Bills locked down. I have a MS degree in Organizational Development and it has helped me immensely in enjoying the Bills, especially these current Bills.. they are an exemplar organization.

Be careful how you define average. If you decided furniture shopping was our Sunday, you'll be in for fisticuffs.

Interesting.  I've learned a lot but organizational development watching McDermott and Beane.  It's  great that they've explained themselves so well.  

On 8/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, Shaw66 said:

I’m guessing there are plenty of average Bills fans in Buffalo, people who care a lot about the team and care whether they win, people who watch most of the games, but they will miss a game here or there because the wife wants to shop for furniture.  People who don’t pay a whole lot of attention to the details.  People who can’t name the entire offensive line, let alone the backups.  People who if pressed can name only a half dozen players on the team. 

If my wife tries to force me to go shopping for furniture on game day, she'll be picking out a couch for her new place.

I'm kidding... Really, I am.

My simple measure of a serious fan is someone who can name all the starters, can name at least some of the balance of the roster, and knows the back story of many of the players.  That is, a serious fan knows more about Josh than he grew up on a farm in California.  

I dont agree with this assessment.

Not sure I can remember the name of every single starter if you put me on the spot with a pop quiz, let alone many of their back stories, but I hardly ever miss a game, read every bit of insight I can, attend at least one game a year, am in tune with their strengths and weaknesses, am genuinely interested in offensive and defensive schemes, am emotionally affected, and love the team.

I actually have to force myself to take a break from news consumption and this board 😵💫

I consider myself a serious fan.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:54 PM, boater said:

My cousin helps me keep all the names and details memorized on the D side of things. Always been a bigger fan of the QB and O. So yes, measuring my fandom by my memory of every player/detail is a hard criteria for some to meet. I'm a die hard Bills fan. Born in Buffalo and been cheering them on since the days of number 32. My biggest childhood hero...  

Those consecutive 2-14 seasons, I watched games til the clock read 0:00. My brothers thought I was crazy. I cried when OJ was traded. Moved to Florida after the 2nd SB loss and I told anyone who would listen, " we're back for our 4th, like or not. Suck it!" Am I average,"special" or Dopey?