Census Results Are In!

10 hours ago, Governor said:

Maybe we can just add propellers to your bootstraps.

Nice! Your first constructive idea. I’m proud of you. Now try another. It’s what successful, productive people do. I promise if you just give it a try it’ll be significantly more fulfilling than the life of pure sloth you’ve charted out for yourself while you sit around waiting to wither and die off the fruits of other people’s ingenuity and resources. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

The report marks the first time the absolute number of people who identify as White alone has shrunk since a census started being taken in 1790. The number of people identifying as non-Hispanic White and no other race dropped by 5.1 million people, to 191.7 million, a decrease of 2.6 percent.

That’s interesting 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/08/12/census-data-race-ethnicity-neighborhoods/

On 8/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Chef Jim said:

Explain how diversity makes us stronger.  I'm not saying diversity is bad I just would love to hear how it makes us stronger.  

For one thing, it enhances creativity.  For another, it ensures that all of us don't think and act in the same way and fall prey to singularity of idea.  Can you imagine a country full of Insurrectionist Jims?  Bad.  A country full fo SectionC3s?   Less hoaxy and marginally less stupid, but also bad. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

For one thing, it enhances creativity.  For another, it ensures that all of us don't think and act in the same way and fall prey to singularity of idea.  Can you imagine a country full of Insurrectionist Jims?  Bad.  A country full fo SectionC3s?   Less hoaxy and marginally less stupid, but also bad. 

How does it enhance creativity?  Give us some examples. 

Less hoaxy??   You’ve been running around here spewing the biggest hoax of them all. 

Carry on hoaxmeister. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, Governor said:

Everyone laughs when I say this country needs high-speed rail but I truly believe it would repair the political division in this country. People would no longer be forced to live in cities.

John Edwards was right about there being “2 Americas” and it got a whole lot worse since then.

😂 😂 

image.gif.e4f407eaf33a1605bce798d5085138bd.gif

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Diversity is our strength.....

I am trained in Classical French cuisine and specialized in French Bistro/Country cooking.  So does the fact that I'm a white American mean I don't know more about French food than most French people?  I'll tell you it does not.  People.......? Just stop! 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:27 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Nice! Your first constructive idea. I’m proud of you. Now try another. It’s what successful, productive people do. I promise if you just give it a try it’ll be significantly more fulfilling than the life of pure sloth you’ve charted out for yourself while you sit around waiting to wither and die off the fruits of other people’s ingenuity and resources. 

No. You can’t make me. I’m a sloth.