Dolphins caved in and gave Howard a new contract

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Phins fans will be out here voting for every CB but Howard so he doesn't make the Pro Bowl and get that extra $$$

Even you don't believe that.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I read that list, for me it lost any credibility after the first 10, he claims Richard Sherman is the 11th best CB in the NFL, what a joke.  

Is this sarcasm or has Tua in fact looked "good to great"?

I am firmly in the camp that Tua will be at best a mediocre NFL starting NFL qb.

By all accounts it’s night and day from 2020 Tua to 2021 Tua.

Health being primary.  But the reports say confident, assertive, accurate and pushing the ball down field.

Pre-Season practice though.  So for the folks who were never going to like him…it’s only practice.  For the folks who see him as the next great Dolphin QB…it’s the first signs of Franchise QB.

find out soon enough.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought you were laughing at the poster for saying that the restructuring of Howard's contract made sense. Howard is a really good player at a key position!  

Nope. I was talking about Joe Cribbs the football player and his ongoing contract dispute with the Bills in the early 80's.

16 minutes ago, LeviF said:

No but that's what I'd do because I'm petty haha

🤣 Fair enough!

Just now, Beast said:

Nope. I was talking about Joe Cribbs the football player and his ongoing contract dispute with the Bills in the early 80's.

Cribs was a terrific player. Both the Bills and his agent are to blame for the contract BS that went on. But mostly the Bills. That wouldn't happen under this regime, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Cribs was a terrific player. Both the Bills and his agent are to blame for the contract BS that went on. But mostly the Bills. That wouldn't happen under this regime, IMO.

I seem to recall Beane talking about something along the lines of you should pay your players because what you really need is flexibility and if you're fair with their agents then the agents will work with you on structure and other areas.

It's nice to have grownups in charge...because like, if it was me, I'd be all "You're taking this big mac and 5 dollar bill and you're gonna like it!"  Then I would literally have trouble signing J. Wellington Wimpy

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Agree 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:33 PM, Virgil said:

Yeah, ***** him.   I would have made him play and traded him the moment it hurt the cap the least.  I wouldn’t want someone like that on my team.  

This is the kind of thing I was worried about for Diggs when we first traded for him and I’m very happy to be wrong 

This will come up for Diggs at some point. He’s a top 1-3 WR in the NFL. Sooner we pay him and make it right, the better off we’ll be.

We only have 3 “elite” players on this roster. Allen, Diggs and White.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I read that list, for me it lost any credibility after the first 10, he claims Richard Sherman is the 11th best CB in the NFL, what a joke.  

Yeah, fair enough, but regardless, Howard was in fact pretty great last season. He not only led the league in INTs, but in passes defensed as well. And PFR evaluated him as having a sky-high approximate value of 19: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HowaXa00.htm. (Josh Allen was tied with Aaron Donald for the highest AV in the league with 22.)

• Like (+1) 1