I don't know about you, but I have all my Olympics political comments pre-written:

- Simone Biles returns to win gold on the beam: this validates everything that is right with America. An athlete "overcame adversity" and stuck it out to make a resounding comeback for America!

- Simone Biles withdraws from everything: this is what happens in America. It's now all about the individual, and nothing about competing (and winning!) for your country. As Patton said, Americans love a winner, and will not tolerate a loser. Even worse, a quitter.

- US Women's Soccer wins gold: diversity is our strength! Megan Rapinoe is the out, comfortable in her own skin hero we need. She refuses to compromise just because compromise will make some hater somewhere happy. She fights for equal pay and equal attention. And gets more pay and more attention than any male US soccer player! You go, American Woman!

- US Women's Soccer blows it: this shows how turning your team into a cult of personalities rather than a team of equals is the undoing of not just the US Olympics performance in team sports; it also says something very deep about American culture and decadence in general. Will we ever be able to reclaim the soul of America?

Not too long to wait! Just cut-and-paste as appropriate ...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 716er said:

OP could care less about this athlete.

There is a reason he posted this in PPP and not a moderated forum.

what a mess 

Wrong- I consider her and her story awesome and hold her up as a fine  example the American dream is alive and real for people who value hard work and family. 

Find someone else to project your conspiracies on Karen. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know about you, but I have all my Olympics political comments pre-written:

- Simone Biles returns to win gold on the beam: this validates everything that is right with America. An athlete "overcame adversity" and stuck it out to make a resounding comeback for America!

- Simone Biles withdraws from everything: this is what happens in America. It's now all about the individual, and nothing about competing (and winning!) for your country. As Patton said, Americans love a winner, and will not tolerate a loser. Even worse, a quitter.

- US Women's Soccer wins gold: diversity is our strength! Megan Rapinoe is the out, comfortable in her own skin hero we need. She refuses to compromise just because compromise will make some hater somewhere happy. She fights for equal pay and equal attention. And gets more pay and more attention than any male US soccer player! You go, American Woman!

- US Women's Soccer blows it: this shows how turning your team into a cult of personalities rather than a team of equals is the undoing of not just the US Olympics performance in team sports; it also says something very deep about American culture and decadence in general. Will we ever be able to reclaim the soul of America?

Not too long to wait! Just cut-and-paste as appropriate ...

Well done! I have not heard a peep from Rapinoe about pay equality with men’s soccer players since the last several endorsement deals. I mean the generationally best soccer play on the men’s squad isn’t even a millionaire. She and dawn are worth 3-5. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well done! I have heard a peep from Rapinoe about pay equality with men’s soccer players since the last several endorsement deals. I mean the generationally best soccer play on the men’s squad isn’t even a millionaire. She and dawn are worth 3-5. 

The women still get hosed. Fifa sells the broadcast tv rights to the men's and women's world cup for one bundled fee. The tv revenue is a massive amount of the overall revenue. 

Fifa places 100% of the revenue from the tv contract in the profit totals for the men's world cup, denying the women hundreds of million of revenue in their column...

And because you haven't heard Rapino advocate for equal pay hardly means anything at all about her recent actions. 

I didn't hear the Misses get up and go to Pilates this morning. Doesn't mean she didn't get her work out in. 

Edited by Motorin'

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The women still get hosed. Fifa sells the broadcast tv rights to the men's and women's world cup for one bundled fee. The tv revenue is a massive amount of the overall revenue. 

Fifa places 100% of the revenue from the tv contract in the profit totals for the men's world cup, denying the women hundreds of million of revenue in their column...

And because you haven't heard Rapino advocate for equal pay hardly means anything at all about her recent actions. 

I didn't hear the Misses get up and go to Pilates this morning. Doesn't mean she didn't get her work out in. 

Well, I see your point.

But ... how much money will Simone Biles and Sunisa Lee make in endorsements, etc.?

How much will men's U.S. gymnast Yul Moldauer make if he medals?

I'm all for pay equality, but at some point certain sports and certain athletes are just more popular and more marketable than others.

Example from the rest of life: my wife just got front row tickets to see a great classical violinist. One of the best in the world everyone agrees, and I'd never heard of him. Not really my thing, but they had started selling to full capacity in the concert hall and she grabbed the newly-released tickets. I was entranced watching this guy from a few feet away. My best guess: other than the COVID year, he may make a few hundred thousand bucks a year. Maybe a million in a really good year.  30+ years of mastering his art to become one of the top 10 or so concert violinists in the world and he makes a very nice living, but not untold riches. Meanwhile my kid went to see some EDM ("electronic dance music" for those of you over 30 and without a kid under 20) thing where two guys "play" their laptops. They seem to have no discernible musical talent. Those guys took in $40 million in revenues in the last full pre-COVID touring year. Wiki page says they were frat bros in California and starting playing around with Garage Band on their iMacs and in a few years they're making 40 million bucks.

Life isn't fair. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Not my point… she was going on about equal pay until she started getting paid. Is it fair she out earns just about every other team member? 

personally I could care less she has built a brand and is paid for her celebrity. But it contradicts this equity message.  

Don’t talk about pay inequity out of one side of you mouth while building a $3 million+ net worth on the same platform. 

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

the womens team are in the fifa collective bargaining agreement. 

heres a video that states they have CHOOSEN a different pay structure. they have been given more benifits for child care ect ect.

they already went to court and lost. this case was in california, one of the most liberal states in our nation and lost.

this is a obvious right leaning channel but more then happy to hear any logical counterpoints that are being overlooked on the topic.

if not, this is just another left talking point that falls apart when critical thinking people scratch the surface of what is really going on..yet leftist will use it with no regard to the facts, which happens repeatedly as mainstream will never investigate the actual evidence..so one HAS to use "right wing" sources which again can be dismissed as RIGHT WING propaganda and of coarse advocated to be censored just on that label alone.

its a real problem.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

the womens team are in the fifa collective bargaining agreement. 

heres a video that states they have CHOOSEN a different pay structure. they have been given more benifits for child care ect ect.

they already went to court and lost. this case was in california, one of the most liberal states in our nation and lost.

this is a obvious right leaning channel but more then happy to hear any logical counterpoints that are being overlooked on the topic.

if not, this is just another left talking point that falls apart when critical thinking people scratch the surface of what is really going on..yet leftist will use it with no regard to the facts, which happens repeatedly as mainstream will never investigate the actual evidence..so one HAS to use "right wing" sources which again can be dismissed as RIGHT WING propaganda and of coarse advocated to be censored just on that label alone.

its a real problem.

The men's union explains very well why this is bunk. The women were never given a choice of the same pay structure. Bait and switch. Their law suit is going to prove it.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not my point… she was going on about equal pay until she started getting paid. Is it fair she out earns just about every other team member? 

personally I could care less she has built a brand and is paid for her celebrity. But it contradicts this equity message.  

Don’t talk about pay inequity out of one side of you mouth while building a $3 million+ net worth on the same platform. 

Lame. Why should Rapino's brand worth mean she should shut up about a pay structure that pays the women on the national team nearly 10 times less then the men's team if they won the world cup? 

Let's circle back after their appeal is heard and I'll give you all of the logical reasons why your assessment is way off base. 

Edited by Motorin'

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I see your point.

But ... how much money will Simone Biles and Sunisa Lee make in endorsements, etc.?

How much will men's U.S. gymnast Yul Moldauer make if he medals?

I'm all for pay equality, but at some point certain sports and certain athletes are just more popular and more marketable than others.

Example from the rest of life: my wife just got front row tickets to see a great classical violinist. One of the best in the world everyone agrees, and I'd never heard of him. Not really my thing, but they had started selling to full capacity in the concert hall and she grabbed the newly-released tickets. I was entranced watching this guy from a few feet away. My best guess: other than the COVID year, he may make a few hundred thousand bucks a year. Maybe a million in a really good year.  30+ years of mastering his art to become one of the top 10 or so concert violinists in the world and he makes a very nice living, but not untold riches. Meanwhile my kid went to see some EDM ("electronic dance music" for those of you over 30 and without a kid under 20) thing where two guys "play" their laptops. They seem to have no discernible musical talent. Those guys took in $40 million in revenues in the last full pre-COVID touring year. Wiki page says they were frat bros in California and starting playing around with Garage Band on their iMacs and in a few years they're making 40 million bucks.

Life isn't fair. 

A billion people tuned in the watch the Women's World Cup in 2019. According to Fifa, the women should be paid less because they generate less revenue. Ok, but they count $0 in revenue for the women from their TV audience. 

The tv contract in total was nearly 2 billion dollars. The women generated 40% of the total tv audience, but FIFA pretends like that counts as zero percent of the 2 billion generated revenue, and pay them 10 times less. 

On 7/30/2021 at 9:41 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s not sober to praise a pretty awesome story of someone who came here with nothing rise through adversity to the top ?

Is she not Chinese heritage? Could she be part of the CCP infiltration? 😁😁😁😁😉

I'm sure there was a similar thread in 2016 where Simone Biles set an American record for the most gold medals in female gymnastics in a Singles game.  She had to overcome growing up without her paternal parents in a Foster home before her grandfather took custody.  The thread also appreciated the insane amount of work she had to put in starting at age eight to become the most dominated gymnast of all time by the age of 24.  This thread is a joke.

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The men's union explains very well why this is bunk. The women were never given a choice of the same pay structure. Bait and switch. Their law suit is going to prove it.

you saying "mens union" means there was a collective bargaining agreement. this means that all negotiations were represented and voted on. im not sure how on earth people who VOTE on the terms of agreements "were not given a choice" or what your talking about with the mens union? as i said, im interested in objective information that contradicts the info i given. maybe im in a biased bubble on this one. so what is it?

the video states that the women declined the mens structure? so that's a lie? it states with how they made more certain years? lie? the benefits they get that the men dont was a equalizer which i doubt is a lie, since it was a factor that made their case get tossed out of court. court, that reviews evidence that me or you have prob not seen, in a liberal state. 

the issue is the claims all seem to suggest at most, these were buisness decisions about contracts. so the womens league should be bringing any grievance about said contracts to the union reps who negotiated but more important THE WOMEN in their union that voted on them.

instead its made out to be some social justice message about gender equality and leftists just blindly agree with it as with all "causes" where "claims" are made....which is why there have been so many that have been completely debunked repeatedly.

if that video is true, there will be no retraction from the mainstream narrative. there will be no apology. leftists will still use rapinoe as some face of the evil inequality women must face regardless if this was all just a self serving grift. a golden opportunity to put pressure to renegotiate a contract they want more from based soley on the political climate.

Edited by Buffarukus

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Lame. Why should Rapino's brand worth mean she should shut up about a pay structure that pays the women on the national team nearly 10 times less then the men's team if they won the world cup? 

Let's circle back after their appeal is heard and I'll give you all of the logical reasons why your assessment is way off base. 

Because reality. Once she became marketable she earned. That’s how the world works. Pro soccer players are entertainers… gender has nothing to do with revenue. 

I honestly don’t understand how you people think. You really believe a decent uswnt that has a very poor international resume wherthe sport earn some money should get paid like LeBron.

so childish 

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because reality. Once she became marketable she earned. That’s how the world works. Pro soccer players are entertainers… gender has nothing to do with revenue. 

I honestly don’t understand how you people think. You really believe a decent uswnt that has a very poor international resume wherthe sport earn some money should get paid like LeBron.

so childish 

Blah blah blah. Put words in my mouth that I never said and ignore the fact that FIFA has disgusting lied about the revenue that the woman's world cup has generated. 

40% of 1.85 billion is 740 million dollars that the woman's world cup generated in TV revenue. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure there was a similar thread in 2016 where Simone Biles set an American record for the most gold medals in female gymnastics in a Singles game.  She had to overcome growing up without her paternal parents in a Foster home before her grandfather took custody.  The thread also appreciated the insane amount of work she had to put in starting at age eight to become the most dominated gymnast of all time by the age of 24.  This thread is a joke.

She was also sexually abused by Larry Nasser but of course the America first crowd schitt all over her.

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

you are just as extreme as everyone you talk about, just on the other side.

what in the world does that have to do with the situation people are discussing? 

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

your right. i almost engaged in a discussion with you forgetting who im talking to. i deleted it. put the trump meme you just copied and pasted away. we both know that was going to be your response regardless what i say. 

wont happen again.

7 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

your right. i almost engaged in a discussion with you forgetting who im talking to. i deleted it. put the trump meme you just copied and pasted away. we both know that was going to be your response regardless what i say. 

wont happen again.

My comment was relevant in response to Doc Browns post. 

I clearly hit a nerve, right precious?

GOOD

Just now, BillStime said:

My comment was relevant in response to Doc Browns post. 

I clearly hit a nerve, right precious?

GOOD

lol what? a nerve? i just briefly forgot that there is no discussion to be had with certain people on this board. i think its cause you changed your avatar. like i said you can save your meme, hopefully its a fresh one, for someone who hadn't gone through the bills..timewaste before. that statement you made was for calling out the other side..thats all. because thats the main point of everything you put on this board regardless of the topic.

i really think this place would be better if people would just not engage with those that aren't interested in honest debate. it derails threads and nothing is gained. i apologize for breaking my own rule. like i said it won't happen again.

8 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

lol what? a nerve? i just briefly forgot that there is no discussion to be had with certain people on this board. i think its cause you changed your avatar. like i said you can save your meme, hopefully its a fresh one, for someone who hadn't gone through the bills..timewaste before. that statement you made was for calling out the other side..thats all. because thats the main point of everything you put on this board regardless of the topic.

i really think this place would be better if people would just not engage with those that aren't interested in honest debate. it derails threads and nothing is gained. i apologize for breaking my own rule. like i said it won't happen again.

You're an interesting nut...

1) Why did you delete your comment? You thought that comment would engage conversation and honest debate?  Is that why you deleted it?

dfgs.JPG

2) If you don't like it here - there is a safe place for people just like you - GO!

Have a great day!