It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m sorry Oldman...I respect you as a poster because I believe you are genuine in your posts, unlike some other posters...

But I have to admit, that you’re greatly mistaken about Fauci lying about masks- and here he is actually admitting it...

By the way, for the record, Jimmy Dore is a leftist progressive, who supports Bernie Sanders’ policies,  just so you don’t think he is some MAGA right winger...👍

Devastating takedown.  

When he brings up the point about Fauci misleading people about the masks and sending them to die, it sort of dove tails back into the theory that death and suffering were good for the Dems and establishment players in 2019.  

I’ll be interested in @oldmanfan’s take on this.  

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Devastating takedown.  

When he brings up the point about Fauci misleading people about the masks and sending them to die, it sort of dove tails back into the theory that death and suffering were good for the Dems and establishment players in 2019.  

I’ll be interested in @oldmanfan’s take on this.  

Here it is.  The video proves my point.  In March 2020 when Dr. Fauci was interviewed he said the general public did not need to wear masks because health care workers needed them.  And as further research as to how the virus spread primarily through droplets, and that not only N95 masks but surgical as well as cloth masks could mitigate spread, recommendations changed.  The CDC started recommending masks and social distancing.

That is called science.  I do agree with the left wing guy that the full resources of the country could have been put into action to make a ton of masks early on.  But remind me: who was running the country in the spring of 2020?

Edited by oldmanfan

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I asked SoCalDeek what he would do if he were Biden since he keeps criticizing him, and that is what he said.  So I agreed.

Just to clarify: What I said was if Biden is going to mandate vaccines he should do it. I don’t personally agree with mandating it and I think Biden knows that he doesn’t have the power to do it…therefore he hasn’t!  We were having a discussion about MESSAGING, not about vaccines. So stop threatening everyone unless you’re going to carry out your threats. It makes for horrible and ineffective MESSAGING. Make sense?

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Here it is.  The video proves my point.  In March 3020 when Dr. Fauci was interviewed he said the general public did not need to wear masks because health care workers needed them.  And as further research as to how the virus spread primarily through droplets, and that not only N95 masks but surgical as well as cloth masks could mitigate spread, recommendations changed.  The CDC started recommending masks and social distancing.

That is called science.  I do agree with the left wing guy that the full resources of the country could have been put into action to make a ton of masks early on.  But remind me: who was running the country in the spring of 2020?

Donald Trump was President in the spring of 2020.  Are you having a Biden moment? 

In retrospect, though, you inadvertently make a good point— it seems clear Trump should have relieved your science guy from his post.  There is a marked difference between suggesting the general public “did not need to wear masks” and “Sorry folks, you have to sacrifice because there is a shortage of masks but here are options to stay as safe as possible”.   Maybe this is the point where people started to realize they needed to think of themselves first. 

To his credit he seems completely unfazed by it all.  I have to say your commitment to him is unshakable.  

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just to clarify: What I said was if Biden is going to mandate vaccines he should do it. I don’t personally agree with mandating it and I think Biden knows that he doesn’t have the power to do it…therefore he hasn’t!  We were having a discussion about MESSAGING, not about vaccines. So stop threatening everyone unless you’re going to carry out your threats. It makes for horrible and ineffective MESSAGING. Make sense?

So all you can do is criticize the guy trying to get people to protect themselves and kiss the behind of the guy who let it get out of control to begin with and lied to the American people as recorded by Woodward.  Got it.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So all you can do is criticize the guy trying to get people to protect themselves and kiss the behind of the guy who let it get out of control to begin with and lied to the American people as recorded by Woodward.  Got it.

Oldmanfan - “we shouldn’t make this political.”

Hours later- this beauty 

Just now, billsfan5121 said:

Oldmanfan - “we shouldn’t make this political.”

Hours later- this beauty 

In response to another comment.  This should never have become political.  Who did that?  The administration under which it started.

When you have a global health pandemic the people who should call the shots are the public health folks regardless of what political party is in office.  That was not done.  The current administration is trying to get people vaccinated, which is the proper approach based on the science which I explained to you earlier.

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Excuse me? I’m criticizing Biden for not doing the EASY things, like modify his messaging. Are we not allowed to criticize him? If so, I didn’t get the memo. And, I don’t recall even mentioning his predecessor. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, billsfan5121 said:

Also, if you’re vaccinated, why do you care so much what someone else does? Do you worry about people who may or may not have their polio vaccine? Measles? My guess is no. But why not? 

I wonder if you're smart enough to understand the differences between what is happening now and polio/measles/smallpox. 

My guess is no, but no worries, there were anti-vaccine folks for those vaccines as well. They look as dumb in retrospect as the covid antivax apologists will look. 

If this disease were killing kids at the same rate it was killing old people, the drive to get everyone vaccinated would be in feverish gear. We'd be praising science and trying to create herd immunity to protect kids. 

But we don't care about old and at risk folks. 

Edited by Sundancer

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

In response to another comment.  This should never have become political.  Who did that?  The administration under which it started.

When you have a global health pandemic the people who should call the shots are the public health folks regardless of what political party is in office.  That was not done.  The current administration is trying to get people vaccinated, which is the proper approach based on the science which I explained to you earlier.

The current administration is using force and coercion to get people vaccinated.  Don't get the shot, lose your job, lose your freedom, lose your rights.  That's a far cry from "trying to get people vaccinated".  Their approach is closer to to torturing a confession out of a suspect than it is to some cooperative and civil action.

Public health people are running the response but the problem is they are deaf and dumb to the views and insights of many of their peers that disagree with their conclusions and policies.  It would be advantageous to utilize a "peer review" to public policy but they'll have none of that.  Its our way or no way.  Unfortunately its all political.  And more and more people are waking up to it and getting more and more annoying listening to idiots like Fauci.  

It doesn't get any more political than threatening people with a loss of their freedoms if they don't comply.  So who's making it political?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Again it should not be political and should never have become political.  But it did.  Who is responsible for that?

In this case, you, but I understand you believe that you’re only doing it because someone else is to started it. 😳 

In the larger picture, every politician and major media outlet in the country made it political. Trump. Pelosi. Cruz. Harris. Biden. Worst, probably was your infallible Dr Fauci who could have been much, much stronger in his role.  

From my perspective, it’s really quite simple.  When the pandemic first started, there was confusion, distrust, and the government across the board—federal and state—was unprepared as is pretty much par for the course.  Plenty of blame to go around there.  

I gave virtually everyone in leadership a pass when it started, including both Trump and, because I’m a NYS resident, Cuomo.  Who wants to be the person in a leadership position responsible for:

A. An unknown virus with the potential to cause mass death;

B. The decision to decimate a roaring economy, cause people to lose their income, businesses to shutter and be wrong (your political enemies pounce, the average Joe thinks you screwed up, and the economy is screwed) or right (you’re still THE guy who made the decision that resulted in devastation of the economy; 

C. Who can you really trust?  

In the calm light of day, Trump pulled the trigger and shut the economy down.  For the vast majority of the career politicians and workers in state or federal system, salary and benefits remained intact.  On the really important issue of things like food, ability to pay the mortgage and the like, it was business as usual.  For a private enterprise guy, the implications were dire and he knew it.  

Once into the two week to stop the spread and moving forward thereafter, the dem leadership took every opportunity to politicize virtually everything.  They trash talked his approach.  They encouraged the spread of the virus by supporting and encouraging mass demonstrations in cities across the country (aided by your boy Fauci, to weak or feckles to stand up and use hiss platform to scream about the danger of mass gatherings), and of course trash talking the vax just in case Trump prevailed in  the election.  Where the heck was the togetherness you yearn for then?  

Bottom line here is that if folks like you are willing to support the opposition party running McCarthyesque investigations gobbling up 3 years of an administrations time, walking away with nothing on the target of the investigation after promising “TREASON!”, one should not be surprised that even death and disease will ultimately be in play in the political world.  

Now, though, now you seem to want us all together singing campfire songs.  I see that as unlikely. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In this case, you, but I understand you believe that you’re only doing it because someone else is to started it. 😳 

In the larger picture, every politician and major media outlet in the country made it political. Trump. Pelosi. Cruz. Harris. Biden. Worst, probably was your infallible Dr Fauci who could have been much, much stronger in his role.  

From my perspective, it’s really quite simple.  When the pandemic first started, there was confusion, distrust, and the government across the board—federal and state—was unprepared as is pretty much par for the course.  Plenty of blame to go around there.  

I gave virtually everyone in leadership a pass when it started, including both Trump and, because I’m a NYS resident, Cuomo.  Who wants to be the person in a leadership position responsible for:

A. An unknown virus with the potential to cause mass death;

B. The decision to decimate a roaring economy, cause people to lose their income, businesses to shutter and be wrong (your political enemies pounce, the average Joe thinks you screwed up, and the economy is screwed) or right (you’re still THE guy who made the decision that resulted in devastation of the economy; 

C. Who can you really trust?  

In the calm light of day, Trump pulled the trigger and shut the economy down.  For the vast majority of the career politicians and workers in state or federal system, salary and benefits remained intact.  On the really important issue of things like food, ability to pay the mortgage and the like, it was business as usual.  For a private enterprise guy, the implications were dire and he knew it.  

Once into the two week to stop the spread and moving forward thereafter, the dem leadership took every opportunity to politicize virtually everything.  They trash talked his approach.  They encouraged the spread of the virus by supporting and encouraging mass demonstrations in cities across the country (aided by your boy Fauci, to weak or feckles to stand up and use hiss platform to scream about the danger of mass gatherings), and of course trash talking the vax just in case Trump prevailed in  the election.  Where the heck was the togetherness you yearn for then?  

Bottom line here is that if folks like you are willing to support the opposition party running McCarthyesque investigations gobbling up 3 years of an administrations time, walking away with nothing on the target of the investigation after promising “TREASON!”, one should not be surprised that even death and disease will ultimately be in play in the political world.  

Now, though, now you seem to want us all together singing campfire songs.  I see that as unlikely. 

It's pretty simple really. The Democrats went full SCORCHED EARTH to get elected...and it worked. The big question is why are they at all surprised that their strategy has consequences? 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's pretty simple really. The Democrats went full SCORCHED EARTH to get elected...and it worked. The big question is why are they at all surprised that their strategy has consequences? 

Right.  But I understand the dem operatives (at least on some level).  What I don’t understand is a self-described independent like Oldy sitting back and watching Rusky-gate and Kavanaugh is a serial rapist and supporting that.   I could write off the Ukrainian controversy, while impeachment was extreme and silly, sometimes you inadvertently expose your throat to the enemy.    As an independent, I’d think seeing Biden brag about shaking down the Ukes and getting nose deep in their process would point to the absurdity of impeaching Trump on whatever he supposedly did, but Trump brings out strong feelings amongst people and that colors how they view the world. 

On the part about the dem strategy working, I’ve said that myself a number of times.  The Trump “stop the steal” process was, at worst on his part, politics as usual these days.  Suddenly though, as if by magic, any controversy  regarding election security and voting is outrageous!  The Dems feasted on Covid, Ukraine and Russia, up to and including allegations of treason, but the so-called independents clutch at their pearls over “our process is broken and the election was stolen”.  Whatevs.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Right.  But I understand the dem operatives (at least on some level).  What I don’t understand is a self-described independent like Oldy sitting back and watching Rusky-gate and Kavanaugh is a serial rapist and supporting that.   I could write off the Ukrainian controversy, while impeachment was extreme and silly, sometimes you inadvertently expose your throat to the enemy.    As an independent, I’d think seeing Biden brag about shaking down the Ukes and getting nose deep in their process would point to the absurdity of impeaching Trump on whatever he supposedly did, but Trump brings out strong feelings amongst people and that colors how they view the world. 

On the part about the dem strategy working, I’ve said that myself a number of times.  The Trump “stop the steal” process was, at worst on his part, politics as usual these days.  Suddenly though, as if by magic, any controversy  regarding election security and voting is outrageous!  The Dems feasted on Covid, Ukraine and Russia, up to and including allegations of treason, but the so-called independents clutch at their pearls over “our process is broken and the election was stolen”.  Whatevs.  

The sooner we can get Chuck, Nancy, and Mitch out of DC, the better.  All three of them are at the heart of what's gone wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A SCHOOL LOCKED DOWN FOR OVER AN HOUR AS POLICE ARRESTED STUDENT WHO REFUSED MASK

https://www.outkick.com/police-locked-down-school-to-arrest-girl-for-refusing-her-mask/

A Wyoming high school locked down for 90 minutes on Thursday. In what type of danger was the school? According to the administration, a grave danger.

Laramie High School got into a standoff with Grace Smith, a 16-year-old junior, because she refused to wear her mask. As a result, the school locked down, called the police, and had Smith cuffed and arrested.

The Laramie Police Department ticketed Smith for “trespassing.”