DeSantis For President in 2024?

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Back to the Desantis thread.

Reminder:

And both W and Trump got out of their service too. What's your point?

By all accounts, DeSantis served as a military lawyer during his deployment and saw no action, which doesn't really move the needle for me either way. Thanks for your legal service, Ronbo.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah but they have the option.  It's like "free range" chickens.  The coops have a door that the chickens have the option to use (but never do).

All of which is why nobody on the Left should be making an issue out of this. It’s the 21st Century! Believe me, a kid can find a book on the internet before he/she would even think to look for one in the school library. Just another ridiculous attack on DeSantis. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

And both W and Trump got out of their service too. What's your point?

By all accounts, DeSantis served as a military lawyer during his deployment and saw no action, which doesn't really move the needle for me either way. Thanks for your legal service, Ronbo.

It was a big deal when Trump was President.  I remember them calling him President Bone Spurs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

More accurately…thanks to the American taxpayers. 

In fairness, from what I understand this is more of a lend-lease type of situation in which Ukraine is basically moving from an American vassal state all the way to just an extension of the American empire as a satellite. In theory this could benefit the American taxpayer in the long run. 

It won’t, but in theory it could. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

In fairness, from what I understand this is more of a lend-lease type of situation in which Ukraine is basically moving from an American vassal state all the way to just an extension of the American empire as a satellite. In theory this could benefit the American taxpayer in the long run. 

It won’t, but in theory it could. 

proxy wars are better than sending troops...

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

proxy wars are better than sending troops...

So as long as its not Americans dying. just the locals, it's all good?  MIC loves that kind of talk.

Look at the drone wars.  people, media didn't even touch it. Cause it wasn't Americans dying from them.

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So as long as its not Americans dying. just the locals, it's all good?  MIC loves that kind of talk.

Look at the drone wars.  people, media didn't even touch it. Cause it wasn't Americans dying from them.

no argument.  wars are evil but putin is more evil.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

the ones that suffer the most in conflict, are civilians.  

Putin's ars is sitting on some golden chair. 

seems strange to hear voices that will fight for the most downtrodden americans rights, also supporting wars that result in civilians having everything taken.

I still remember when the left was ANTI war.

• Like (+1) 1