Miami condo building falls down

\GoBillsInDallas/

People are posting pictures and videos of the places they live. Takes a tragedy to make change... And even then the change doesn't hold forever once complacency sets in again.

Over 120+ dead, imagine getting a strong hurricane this year.

Edited by TBBills

12 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What about the people who had to evacuate from the other side of the building? Do they ever have an opportunity to recover their belongings?

I've wondered the same thing... to at least get important papers/documents/photos... stuff like that. I doubt anyone is worried about their couch or 60" tv.

Looks like the rest of the collapsed building is coming down tomorrow:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-top-news/2021/07/03/another-building-evacuated-search-goes-on-at-collapse-site

21 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What about the people who had to evacuate from the other side of the building? Do they ever have an opportunity to recover their belongings?

Nope, and I doubt you'll hear any complaints from them.

14 hours ago, T&C said:

I've wondered the same thing... to at least get important papers/documents/photos... stuff like that. I doubt anyone is worried about their couch or 60" tv.

Looks like the rest of the collapsed building is coming down tomorrow:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-top-news/2021/07/03/another-building-evacuated-search-goes-on-at-collapse-site

I can't think of any belongings worth risking death for... even pictures.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Its a matter of time until that happens here. Our infrastructure is incredibly outdated and the more regulations that are cast aside for the sake of profit, the more frequently this will happen

Thanks Captain Hindsight

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Pet owners trying to delay demolition:

https://nypost.com/2021/07/04/pet-owners-seek-to-delay-demolition-of-florida-condo-tower/amp/

You'd think they could do an organized sweep?  Or should they just bury the pets alive?

“If there were people in there, they would have found a way,” Miro told the Herald of officials overseeing the rescue effort. “But they don’t think animals are as valuable.”

I mean...yeah help the animals if you can but the priority has to be the people.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

“If there were people in there, they would have found a way,” Miro told the Herald of officials overseeing the rescue effort. “But they don’t think animals are as valuable.”

I mean...yeah help the animals if you can but the priority has to be the people.

Yeah..  If the building is teetering, that's bad.   A zillion places for a scared animal to hide, especially if it got out of their area and damaged spaces.  Finding a cat would be a nightmare.  Ours gets lost in all the ***** we have in basement! /smdh...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.